• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

Lusankya

And yet when I upload a clearly-spoiler-labeled video of case 1, Capcom takes it down immediately. Go figure.

They didn't remove your video because it contained spoilers, but rather because Capcom probably don't really like a complete playthrough of a visual novel type of game. ;)

GSR

They didn't remove your video because it contained spoilers, but rather because Capcom probably don't really like a complete playthrough of a visual novel type of game. ;)

Yeah, I know, but it still rustles my jimmies, especially because I noted in the description that I was only uploading case one and didn't plan to do later cases. (Not that that much matters, granted.) And now there are spoiler videos all over the place (though I give the uploader credit for making sure the thumbnails don't include spoilers for the most part.)

Plus the video-compression-geek in me is screaming at the spoiler videos being recorded from a livestream while I have the equipment to record the scenes losslessly, haha.

FSLink

Banned
Yeah, I know, but it still rustles my jimmies, especially because I noted in the description that I was only uploading case one and didn't plan to do later cases. (Not that that much matters, granted.) And now there are spoiler videos all over the place (though I give the uploader credit for making sure the thumbnails don't include spoilers for the most part.)

Plus the video-compression-geek in me is screaming at the spoiler videos being recorded from a livestream while i have the equipment to record the scenes losslessly, haha.

Any chance you could upload the video file to like mediafire or something?

mhs004

At the final day of the second chapter in the second game. Loving it so far the characters are starting to piss me off though.

Looks like I'm part of the AA community now as I've just finished AA1 :D

Took me about 20 ish hours but it was great

My favorite case in order were

4>5>2>1>3

I really didn't like case three much since it was a tedious case with a less interesting cast of characters(except for Sal Manella)

Case 5 pissed me off the most though because near the end of it when
Gant wants you to present the evidence you found in his safe( the cloth from Neil's jacket) and show it to the court I got an immediate guilty causing me to start over that whole day at court :mad: I didn't do it so I just watched a YouTube walk through from were I left off :/

Now off to AA2

DaBoss

Looks like I'm part of the AA community now as I've just finished AA1 :D

Took me about 20 ish hours but it was great

My favorite case in order were

4>5>2>1>3

I really didn't like case three much since it was a tedious case with a less interesting cast of characters(except for Sal Manella)

Case 5 pissed me off the most though because near the end of it when
Gant wants you to present the evidence you found in his safe( the cloth from Neil's jacket) and show it to the court I got an immediate guilty causing me to start over that whole day at court :mad: I didn't do it so I just watched a YouTube walk through from were I left off :/

Now off to AA2

Why would you do that? Not a smart move lol.

Also, here's a tip. Save & Quit. Do that and you will be victorious.

Why would you do that? Not a smart move lol.

Also, here's a tip. Save & Quit. Do that and you will be victorious.

why?

I was already near the end and after pressing show evidence I saved and started it back up again and got found guilty. I saved at the wrong spot and if I started from chapter start I would have to restart the whole day 3 trial

DaBoss

why?

I was already near the end and after pressing show evidence I saved and started it back up again and got found guilty. I saved at the wrong spot and if I started from chapter start I would have to restart the whole day 3 trial

It's Gant. That's why. :p

Oh OK. I thought you weren't using the save and quit trick.

It's Gant. That's why. :p

Oh OK. I thought you weren't using the save and quit trick.

yeah I do use the save and quit thing but I just use it at the moment this time :p

and yeah some of gants animation were funny

but also creepy:

DamonGant-stare.gif

I was wondering why he was staring at me for 5 seconds straight like this lol

mhs004

I'm not even at the trial yet in big top and it's boring me to tears. It's trying to be funny to and failing badly.

I'm not even at the trial yet in big top and it's boring me to tears. It's trying to be funny to and failing badly.

Is that third case or something? Based on what people are telling and I'm reading the third case is always the weakest in every game lol

Fey

Banned
Is that third case or something? Based on what people are telling and I'm reading the third case is always the weakest in every game lol

yuppp. every game's third case is pretty annoying and generally the worst in the game (can't speak for AAI2 and AA5 though)

Don't worry, Case 4 makes up for it. I wish I could experience it for the first time again.

So, so good.

Definitely my favourite case in the series. *.*
It was such a rush the first time. They really hit that sense of urgency really well.

Mhmmm HD collection gives me the option to skip a case... is Big Top so unbearable that it's worth skipping? Honestly, all the hype about how terrible it is makes me curious.

vareon

Mhmmm HD collection gives me the option to skip a case... is Big Top so unbearable that it's worth skipping? Honestly, all the hype about how terrible it is makes me curious.

I just finished AA2. My advice: Don't skip.

Besides why the hell would one skip an AA case?

BlackJace

Big Top makes you want to rage in the beginning days. As you close it out, it becomes passable again. But oh my god the beginning is nigh unbearable.

Fey

Banned
Nah, Recipe for Turnabout was my second favorite case in AA3. Too good.
Really? :O I think Recipe is the best third case in the series, and it's the only third case I happily replay, but the third game had some pretty great cases ...

iavi

Big Top actually make me quit the series for a bit. I marathoned through 1, loved it, went speeding right into 2--halt. Fuck this.

That's pretty much how those events played out.

I'm on Turnabout Beginnings, and Edgeworth's little "I intentionally withheld evidence" thing is getting pretty silly. It was absurd in the first game, and now in the 3rd it's like, Oh right, he can do that apparently, maybe? The justice system is so broken that the lawyers can just stuff their pants with evidence and pull it out at their convenience throughout the trial? Of course it's for dramatic purposes, but the lack of an explanation is baffling, especially in the first game, before that kind of sillliness was particularly established.

Lusankya

I'm on Turnabout Beginnings, and Edgeworth's little "I intentionally withheld evidence" thing is getting pretty silly. It was absurd in the first game, and now in the 3rd it's like, Oh right, he can do that apparently, maybe? The justice system is so broken that the lawyers can just stuff their pants with evidence and pull it out at their convenience throughout the trial? Of course it's for dramatic purposes, but the lack of an explanation is baffling, especially in the first game, before that kind of sillliness was particularly established.

In Turnabout Beginnings Edgeworth is still a pupil of Von Karma, so I think it's very natural for him to use such a cheap, underhand tactics.

(Small spoilers for case 4 of Ace Attorney Investigations)
Although in AAI-4 he doesn't seem to be that bad despite the fact it takes place even before Turnabout Beginnings.

Artemisia

Banned
Will Capcom stop teasing? This is like the third time they've said that great news is coming very soon.

They have been emphasizing how going digital will allow them to release the game as soon as it's finished, so maybe the news is that the game is coming next month or something.

Lusankya

Haha I wouldn't normally, but the amount of criticism towards that case is overwhelmingly negative.

And you shouldn't listen to it but instead have your own opinion. E.g. personally I don't think there is anything wrong with the case at all and I am glad that back then I just played the case without knowing what some other people think of it.

And you shouldn't listen to it but instead have your own opinion. E.g. personally I don't think there is anything wrong with the case at all and I am glad that back then I just played the case without knowing what some other people think of it.
Truth. I tend to enjoy things that people find dull or dumb mostly because I tend to ignore (but at least acknowledge) the bad and focus on the good. I doubt many people would agree with that method of reviewing, but whatever... It makes my life that much more enjoyable.

It was kinda stupid of me to even ask if it's worth skipping. It's AA. It can't be that bad.

It's silly if you imagine the game was based on our justice system.
From what I've heard of Japanese conviction rates, it's probably dead right that the prosecution is given a lot of advantages over the defense.

corn_fest

spoiler from AA2
HOLY SHIT THAT TWIST AT THE END OF CASE 2 IN AA2

HOOLLY SHITTTTTTT

Ini was Mimi the whole time just trying to hide her past

I've finally been able to find GS5 here in Taiwan after it had been sold out in most stores pretty much all week here. I've just finished the first case and it was enjoyable, but I have to say I'm not a big fan of the 3D art style, although I do love the animations. I feel the old style (GS1-3) still captures the atmosphere of the series best. The anime cutscenes are nice, although I kind of don't like GS getting closer and closer to anime. My girlfriend's going back to Japan tomorrow (I'm typing this as she's doing some frantic last-minute clothes shopping), so I'll have much more time to play next week. Looking forward to seeing the plot evolve!

Top Bottom