• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

I just came to the horrible realization that a potential AAI3 will never be localized, and thanks to Nintendo's bullshit we won't ever get a fan translation either...

Considering there is already some basic level of hacking and flash card for the 3ds already its only a matter of time before they break it open

daydream

Banned
Really disliked Ray when he first appeared, but came around to him when he came around to Edgeworth. Hug thing's a bit weird, though.

Love these orchestral versions of the GK2 music.

The orchestral albums are the best, no contest. Where are my AA5 arrangements, Capcom? :/

(Also, the hug thing in itself is not that weird, just the way he "sells" it, lol.)

Muzy72

Banned
What do you mean with "Nintendo's bullshit"?

Well I was thinking region lock but then I realized home brew is needed for fan translations, and I'd rather the 3DS not be open to piracy. My bad, I wasn't thinking. I guess I was just still off the high of finding out the mastermind of AAI2. :lol

The only way I see AAI3 being localized is if Capcom releases and localized and AAI collection. I don't see them localizing the 3rd game in the series without ever releasing the 2nd.

still am curious if the next AA game will be localized. Thematically it might require some effort, which Capcom seems to be really hesistant on doing for about anything... my god was their e3 lineup depressing.

btw: is there any article or what not that explain that changes for AA123 3ds over the ds games and the ios ones?

I heard they fix the no blinking?

Anyone here played professor layton vs phoenix Wright? And if so how is it?

As I said in the other page it's really great, but it depends on how much you like Layton.
Basically it's the best of both worlds: puzzles keep the investigating sections stimulating while trials make for the greatest moments. There's also a really interesting story that is especially good for fans of Phoenix and Maya.
However... the ending is really, REALLY Layton-like. If you're used to it you won't make a big deal out of it because you know what's coming, but if it's your first approach with the series you might be highly disappointed with the ending.

colt92

Neo Member
The only way I see AAI3 being localized is if Capcom releases and localized and AAI collection. I don't see them localizing the 3rd game in the series without ever releasing the 2nd.

Well... about that: AA4 was released in Europe before AA3. So it could happen.

Frolow

Banned
As I said in the other page it's really great, but it depends on how much you like Layton.
Basically it's the best of both worlds: puzzles keep the investigating sections stimulating while trials make for the greatest moments. There's also a really interesting story that is especially good for fans of Phoenix and Maya.
However... the ending is really, REALLY Layton-like. If you're used to it you won't make a big deal out of it because you know what's coming, but if it's your first approach with the series you might be highly disappointed with the ending.

Can you describe what a "layton" ending exactly is? Seen people use the term lot for the game, but I've actually played a Layton game so so I don't get it

Lusankya

Can you describe what a "layton" ending exactly is? Seen people use the term lot for the game, but I've actually played a Layton game so so I don't get it

In this case it's probably better not to spoil anything.
All I say is you would know what a "Layton ending" is if you had played at least two Layton games.

It's hard to describe without spoilers, really. I'll try to explain it as spoiler-less as I can, but I can't guarantee it won't spoil a bit of the game.

Layton games always start with crazy ideas. Always. And, without fail, they try to explain those crazy ideas at the end with plain logic - which only makes it look far-fetched and contradictory.

If you don't want to risk the spoiler I'll just say most people (including me) don't really like them.

1405360299549nzfy3.png
:D

seriously w/e happen to the whole juror system? It's like they retconned AA4 :(

I do hope AAI3 (they like to be on different timelines) goes into that and why it failed or something.

seriously w/e happen to the whole juror system? It's like they retconned AA4 :(

I do hope AAI3 (they like to be on different timelines) goes into that and why it failed or something.

To be fair, AA4's last trial was more of an experiment than the actual thing, so they can just avoid the issue by saying it didn't go any further than that.

To be fair, AA4's last trial was more of an experiment than the actual thing, so they can just avoid the issue by saying it didn't go any further than that.
its still the whole 'point' of AA4, so i kinda wish they could figure out how to utilize the juror system in gameplay. Something like paper mario 2 where you gotta appease the audience or something.

its still the whole 'point' of AA4, so i kinda wish they could figure out how to utilize the juror system in gameplay. Something like paper mario 2 where you gotta appease the audience or something.

That was a bit strange for me as well. When DD came out, I was confused why the Jurist System just disappeared all of a sudden, especially when it was considered a success to the characters at the end of AA4!

FluxWaveZ

AAI3 will take place after AA4 but before AA5, where Edgeworth decides that the system Phoenix Wright tried to implement is broken and fixes it. Final boss = Phoenix Wright, as they debate for and against the system.

AAI3 will take place after AA4 but before AA5, where Edgeworth decides that the system Phoenix Wright tried to implement is broken and fixes it. Final boss = Phoenix Wright, as they debate for and against the system.

I seriously hope AAI3 features an Edgeworth vs. Wright moment, regardless of the context.

you know, AAI pretty much took place over a span of 3 days. If you account for sleep, the time it takes to beat the game does kinda almost line up with the time in game lol. Well at the very least its better than most games.

September. We'll probably hear more about the game around then, yeah.

More importantly, though, is a localization announcement.
Oh, okay.

We do need the localization announcement, truth. But Capcom USA is a mystery and I've stopped trying to figure out their thought process.

GSR

If memory serves, we got confirmation that AA5 was coming stateside around TGS time as well (coinciding with the game's full reveal.) DGS is still up in the air, though.

---------------

On a different note - I'm a bit late to post this, but the AA fansite I help staff, Court-Records, is running a contest right now to see who can come up with some great original AA characters. There's three categories - fanfic, fanart, and spriting - and up for grabs are copies of the PLvsPW artbook and some other swag. If you're interested take a look - the entry period runs to the end of August.

If memory serves, we got confirmation that AA5 was coming stateside around TGS time as well (coinciding with the game's full reveal.) DGS is still up in the air, though.

---------------

On a different note - I'm a bit late to post this, but the AA fansite I help staff, Court-Records, is running a contest right now to see who can come up with some great original AA characters. There's three categories - fanfic, fanart, and spriting - and up for grabs are copies of the PLvsPW artbook and some other swag. If you're interested take a look - the entry period runs to the end of August.

If only I had talent...

Tenrius

Just finished Turnabout Academy. Phew, that was quite a ride. Best AA5 case yet, with the first case being straight up boring and the second one simply decent. Not quite up to the high standards of AA1 and AA3 though. Not sure when I'll finish the game: my style of playing the AA games implies long breaks between individual cases. I typically take about a week or so to finish a single episode and then take a longer break, just to savour it all.

Were there any references to Turnabout Academy in the first case, by the way? I don't really remember that well, but I was somewhat surprised to see Juniper being that different.

Just finished Turnabout Academy. Phew, that was quite a ride. Best AA5 case yet, with the first case being straight up boring and the second one simply decent. Not quite up to the high standards of AA1 and AA3 though. Not sure when I'll finish the game: my style of playing the AA games implies long breaks between individual cases. I typically take about a week or so to finish a single episode and then take a longer break, just to savour it all.

Were there any references to Turnabout Academy in the first case, by the way? I don't really remember that well, but I was somewhat surprised to see Juniper being that different.

I don't remember. Might be a good excuse to play it again though. HMMMM

When does that AA collection for 3DS or AA vs PL comes? I'm looking forward them.

I bought AA5 and enjoyed the heck outta it. Does playing it before the other numbered series spoiled me? I know there are some characters like Maya, Gumshoe, Godot, Franziska, etc. that don't appear in 5 so umm..

Tenrius

When does that AA collection for 3DS or AA vs PL comes? I'm looking forward them.

I bought AA5 and enjoyed the heck outta it. Does playing it before the other numbered series spoiled me? I know there are some characters like Maya, Gumshoe, Godot, Franziska, etc. that don't appear in 5 so umm..

No, it didn't spoil you. There are no (to my knowledge) spoilers between 1, 2, 3, AJ and AAI either, the cases tend to be self-sufficient.

PLvAA comes out August 29 in the US and is already out here in the PAL territories; the trilogy is "this winter". You'd be probably better off just getting the original games, for the pixel-perfect goodness.

Top Bottom