• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

Zornica

Banned
could someone link me to the "los angeles japan" AA spoof pic?
I've been searching gaf for hours but I can't remember where I saw it...

I caved and ended up downloading AA123 on the eShop. It's... actually a bit of an improvement over the iOS ports. The animations are a bit better (Not as well done as the DS version, but still better), and the 3DS' smaller screen size actually helps hide the imperfections of the traced over art they used. The 3D effect actually helps make things a little sharper too, weirdly enough. I'm only 75% of the way through 1-2, but I played AA2 & 3 for a bit, and they don't seem to be using GBA quality music anymore, which is a plus. (I *think* it might be the Gyakuten Sound Box versions, but I'm not sure.)

Might actually spring for the physical version this week. I'm glad these ports didn't end up being a total tragedy after all, considering the first attempt.

BlackJace

I caved and ended up downloading AA123 on the eShop. It's... actually a bit of an improvement over the iOS ports. The animations are a bit better (Not as well done as the DS version, but still better), and the 3DS' smaller screen size actually helps hide the imperfections of the traced over art they used. The 3D effect actually helps make things a little sharper too, weirdly enough. I'm only 75% of the way through 1-2, but I played AA2 & 3 for a bit, and they don't seem to be using GBA quality music anymore, which is a plus. (I *think* it might be the Gyakuten Sound Box versions, but I'm not sure.)

Might actually spring for the physical version this week. I'm glad these ports didn't end up being a total tragedy after all, considering the first attempt.

Thanks for sharing, sounds like it might be worth a try after all.

I watched the video for 2-1 and the animations don't seem to be much better than the iOS port. When Maggie is next to you in court with her fists raised, she doesn't shake them back and forth while talking to you and just stands still. Made me sad because I found that along with the rest of her character hilarious in the DS version.

GSR

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're using the Sound Box for the music.

I'll probably bite on 123 at some point when there's a good price drop. I'd rather have a physical copy for it.

PK Gaming

I watched the video for 2-1 and the animations don't seem to be much better than the iOS port. When Maggie is next to you in court with her fists raised, she doesn't shake them back and forth while talking to you and just stands still. Made me sad because I found that along with the rest of her character hilarious in the DS version.

maggey-bench-pumped(b).gif

Oof...

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So, if I understand correctly, they're developing two new AA games... the meiji AA and the follow up to dual destinies?

Series is getting sprawley, with 5 mainline games, 3 spinoffs and two new tittles in development.

Well, I found the first one in a store last week (strange for still finding a hard to find 2005 DS release in a store brand new that), so now I have AA 1-3 (and 5) and Apollo Justice. Only no Investigations, but I'll live (for now). (European here)

AA5 is done (without the DLC, not sure if I want that), so I guess I'll start with the first one. :D

Well, I found the first one in a store last week (strange for still finding a hard to find 2005 DS release in a store brand new that), so now I have AA 1-3 (and 5) and Apollo Justice. Only no Investigations, but I'll live (for now). (European here)

AA5 is done (without the DLC, not sure if I want that), so I guess I'll start with the first one. :D

The DLC case is one of the best, its a must play.

You want the dlc case

DaBoss

So I just realized something. I forgot to enable transparency dithering so the lines end up being thicker on some of the ones I made today. It is a small difference and people on the dark theme wouldn't even notice this difference, so I don't think it really matters.

But I just want to know if people would prefer it with transparency dithering or not.

Transparency dithering:
ijoWZcMr50HBi.gif
ibctMtJLpwMEY8.gif

No transparency dithering:
ibj9v2CKuxCmF9.gif
i60AfPmbGcIJ0.gif

graywords

Thanks.

Tough one. I don't like the thick lines, but the dithered ones make the lines jagged and even disappear in a few spots. So I guess I prefer the non-dithered ones as well.

FluxWaveZ

Wonder if it's a bad sign that we haven't had a word on the localization of the new AA game when there was one only a day after AA5's announcement.

Joqu

Hey guys, figured this'd be the right place to ask this:

Is it normal that in the Nintendo DS version of Ace Attorney 1 the picture at the episode selector for the last case, Rise from the Ashes, to remain blank after finishing it? I know the picture exists but it keeps the default courtroom one in my game for some reason.

corn_fest

Hey guys, figured this'd be the right place to ask this:

Is it normal that in the Nintendo DS version of Ace Attorney 1 the picture at the episode selector for the last case, Rise from the Ashes, to remain blank after finishing it? I know the picture exists but it keeps the default courtroom one in my game for some reason.

Yeah. Kinda disappointing.

Lusankya

Wonder if it's a bad sign that we haven't had a word on the localization of the new AA game when there was one only a day after AA5's announcement.

AA5 was announced for the 3DS in January 2012, we got the confirmation of a Western release 8 months later during the TGS 2012.

Joqu

Gonna quote myself here:

Not to get anyone's hopes up but I suppose it's worth mentioning that AAI2 never got localized due to scheduling according to Motohide Eshiro. It was also released late in the Nintendo DS's life cycle (which no doubt contributed to those scheduling problems) so its spinoff status wasn't the only thing working against the game. Now I wouldn't expect a retail release (unless AA5 did unexpectedly well) but perhaps that's yet another thing working in favor of DGS. It certainly brings the costs down.

AAI2 is the only Ace Attorney game we haven't received so far so I'm not too worried (yet). I know AA5 being digital only doesn't instill confidence but it may actually work in our favour when it comes to localizations. Don't you dare to prove me wrong on that Capcom.

Also hi I guess I post in Ace Attorney threads now. I still haven't played 5 so I should probably stay away though. D:

Got the Investigations one too, so I can finish my AA marathon with it.. :) Oh, bought the DLC too for AA5. I'm already on case 4 on the first one. Love it. :)

Lusankya

So glad to hear this. It has been a long road for them, but they pulled through.

I know how hard it was for them as I worked on a Fan translation (AAI English to German) myself. Actually the translation itself is probably the easiest part of the whole thing.

Yesss!! Even though I hear it's kind of a mixed bag I'll be glad to have something to sate my appetite for AA6 and AA0. I am genuinely hyped for that prison case though!

ORLY? Because I actually really enjoyed AAI1. I'm glad that I've stayed pretty spoiler free all of this time, well except for the basic scenarios of the cases. Can't wait to play it.

AAI1 is good most people get hung up on the fact the final boss in the final case takes a bit TOO long to go down, other then that its classic AA though and through

Wait, what? The common opinion is that this game is easily among the best 3 AA games. It's like a million times better than AAI1.

That's the first time I've heard anything like that! I mean I've come across a few fans who have loved it to bits, but the majority of stuff I've read (like informal reviews and thoughts on the game from blogs, etc) seem to list plenty of things wrong with the game, especially the pacing and characterization of Edgeworth, among other things.

Top Bottom