• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

GSR

is it normal that the tag in the eshop didn't mention AA6 has DLC?

Given it's not out yet, probably. The screens for the game on Nintendo's website show there's still an "Extras and DLC" option on the main menu, so I wouldn't press the panic button just yet.

Lusankya

Releasing the same week as Trails of Cold Steel II though D:

Good thing NISA thought of it and delayed CS II for two months in Europe.

ydFbOZS.gif

Of course I could just import it, but I want to get the digital version and want to play it on the vita and want to have the trophies on my EU account.

Between AA6 and CS2, it's gonna be a really awesome week. Probably not going to start CS2 until I've finished AA though. Nothing will stand between me and a new Ace Attorney.

FluxWaveZ

That 5-minute Finale event will sure be something.

Edit: Oh, so it's just the penultimate showing for 40 minutes. Cool it'll have something there. Probably won't be any real announcements from it, though.

GSR

I will laugh if the same thing happens as the 10th anniversary, e.g. "hey thanks for the hype but the actual anniversary celebration/new game announce will be early next year."

Probably not. Wondering what they can realistically announce, though. DGS2 (Takumi is conspicuously absent), some new cross-promotion jazz, maybe another season of the anime?

Menitta

It's better this way. Otherwise the pacing would be awful (and it's already not all that good at some points, but at least it's holding up better than the DanganRonpa 1 anime).

I guess. I'm just bummed because that's my favorite case so far and it not being there means no Ema.

FluxWaveZ

TGS 2003 AA3 promo

Shit's hype, even if I don't understand what they're saying.

The thing about the Ace Attorney series nowadays is that, unfortunately, I feel that a trailer compiling scenes from previous games wouldn't have the same build-up effect because of how disparate things have gotten.

Menitta

Somewhere In between T&T and Apollo Justice if I recall, obviously close to the T&T side of things.

Great! I just picked up a copy and I'll start that once I'm done T&T.

Edit: Holy shit
you play as Edgeworth
in the last case. that's NUTS!!!

Edit 2: Oh my god, this is the best case ever.

Groof

at what time do games usually go up on the Nintendo shop? have an early train to catch on Thursday and wanna see if i can cop AA6 on midnight here in EU

Lusankya

at what time do games usually go up on the Nintendo shop? have an early train to catch on Thursday and wanna see if i can cop AA6 on midnight here in EU

Nintendo games and big releases usually at midnight and all other updates between 12:00 and 16:00. I am not to sure how it was for DD, but I think it was in the afternoon and only the DLC case got released at midnight.

Groof

Nintendo games and big releases usually at mignight and all other updates between 12:00 and 16:00. I am not to sure how it was for DD, but I think it was in the afternoon and only the DLC case got released at midnight.

damn so i guess i can rule out getting to play on the train huh :/

Normally when I buy a digital game off the 3DS shop, they let me download the entire game but won't "unlock" it until the specific launch day. I think it needs to connect to online to verify the date, so you can't cheat by changing the system clock but after that it should be good.

At least that's how it works with everything I've bought from the Japan store.

I remember for Dual Destinies it said it would be available October 24th and I spent the entire day opening and closing the eShop waiting for it to appear.

It appeared at 00:00 October 25th ._.

So while it says it releases on September 8th I know I'm going to be downloading it first thing September 9th.

Edit: I'm on Australian time.

Groof

damn that's a grim picture y'all painting. guess i'll just bring my 2ds along anyway and check on the way.

javadoze

So I've been replaying Dual Destinies in the lead up to Spirit of Justice and reevaluating my opinions on the game as a whole (currently at case 3)...

I just have to say how much of a difference it makes when you go through DD with Turnabout Reclaimed played after Monstrous Turnabout and what it does for the pacing quality-wise. Seeing how Turnabout Reclaimed is my favorite case in the game, it makes the slog of case 2 -> case 3 much more palatable.

For the most part I still think: Reclaimed was the best, case 1 was great, and case 2 was merely okay (day 1 being a major snorefest while day 2 picked things up).

Top Bottom