• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

Does anyone know what time this comes out in Australia? I was hoping it would release at midnight seeing as the release date just says 8/9. Really hoping it comes out this morning sometime cuz after that I probably won't have access to wifi for a while. :S

Lusankya

Still no info on the canon DLC Case and two non-canons ?

No info. First one is very likely to come, the other ones probably not.

So uhh did nobody make an OT for Spirit of Justice?
Aren't we only allowed to open one on the release day?

Does anyone know what time this comes out in Australia? I was hoping it would release at midnight seeing as the release date just says 8/9. Really hoping it comes out this morning sometime cuz after that I probably won't have access to wifi for a while. :S

I think the AUS eShop updates at the same time the European one does, which is around 14:00 - 16:00 CEST (UTC +2)

Australia has many time zones, so I don't know which apply to you, but e.g. for UTC +11 that would be between 23:00 and 1:00 (next day)

Last game released at midnight... 24 hours after midnight of the release date.

It's 4am AEST (I'm up for the Final Fantasy XV Concert and Sony presentation) on September 8th. It's no doubt going up in 20 hours when it becomes September 9th.

I think the AUS eShop updates at the same time the European one does, which is around 14:00 - 16:00 CEST (UTC +2)

Australia has many time zones, so I don't know which apply to you, but e.g. for UTC +11 that would be between 23:00 and 1:00 (next day)

Last game released at midnight... 24 hours after midnight of the release date.

It's 4am AEST (I'm up for the Final Fantasy XV Concert and Sony presentation) on September 8th. It's no doubt going up in 20 hours when it becomes September 9th.

Thanks. Aghhh, why don't they list it as the next day then, not cool Ninendo. :(

GSR

Huh, looks like nobody's claimed the AA6 OT going by the organization thread? I'll make one tonight if nobody's already working on one.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah, came in to ask where the damn OT is!

I'm excited, although I might be replacing my 3DS so Spirit of Justice might get delayed a few days.

Been listening to SoJ soundtrack for a week now, it's fantastic, even if weirdly synth heavy in some tracks.

It should be out in under an hour for America, shouldn't it? Don't quite remember Dual Destiny's American release but didn't it roll out when West Coast hit midnight?

It's 4pm on the 8th of September in Australia. Just 8 more hours until September 9th and the game drops
despite e-shop saying it releases on the 8th

There are two Spirit of Justice 3DS themes available in the Theme Shop (in Europe, at least), but it seems you need to go to the all themes section to see them, as they're not in the Ace Attorney or New Themes sections yet.

Dee Dee

Apparently AA6 gets new DLC on thursday on the EU eShop (and apparently it comes with a free theme). Does anyone have info on what it entails? No details in Nintendo's press release it seems...

Lusankya

Apparently AA6 gets new DLC on thursday on the EU eShop (and apparently it comes with a free theme). Does anyone have info on what it entails? No details in Nintendo's press realease it seems...

It's a short bonus case with a fun, non-sensical story and some gameplay.

Finally beat Spirit of Justice today. Without spoiling anything, I can safely say that this game beat the Third Case Curse that so many of the other games in the series had.

Finally beat Spirit of Justice today. Without spoiling anything, I can safely say that this game beat the Third Case Curse that so many of the other games in the series had.

Lol, what's the 3rd case curse? Because the 3rd case in this game is easily the worst one out of the bunch (haven't finished the last case or the dlc of course, though).

The third case in an Ace Attorney game is usually fluffy filler with little-to-no bearing on the overarching plot. I think the only exceptions to this are AAI2-3, DGS-3 and 6-3. AAI-3 has the most tenuous of connections to the game's story but it's so insignificant that I'd throw it on the heap too.

IMO 5-3 is pretty bleugh as well and I agree with the general sentiment of 2-3 and 4-3 being awful. Seems like the third case is usually an excuse to try out some sillier, more lighthearted plots and there's nothing wrong with that, but it makes sense how a lot of people find them to be of lesser quality for that same reason.

My favorite 3rd case is easily in 1, for the sole reason of introducing the greatest hero of all time, the Steel Samurai!

Aside from the godlike 6-3 I think 3-3's my favourite. Furio Tigre is an insanely good villain imo; who else is able to get away with impossible crimes through sheer intimidation and tenacity alone?

javadoze

My favorite 3rd case is easily in 1, for the sole reason of introducing the greatest hero of all time, the Steel Samurai!

Aside from that, given how self-contained the first game is, it was important in fleshing out some of the characters more. (Also, after seeing the live-action movie, it was really weird how Maya became friendly with Phoenix after case 2 since they skipped straight to case 4 in that.)

TrueBlue

Nah, but he is great. The work that's been done with him since AA4 is excellent. Probably the biggest achievement of the post-Takumi mainline games.

I thin it's time we all discussed an important truth:

Apollo is a better character than Phoenix

I mean I haven't finished spirit of justice so maybe they do amazing things with his character, and by that I mean give him one since he hasn't had one up to this point. He's fine as generic player character but had no arc in his own game and negative development in 5 where they tried to make him bad ass and he came off looking like an idiot.

I thin it's time we all discussed an important truth:

Apollo is a better character than Phoenix

disney-lion-king-the-lion-king-Favim.com-239041.gif

Top Bottom