• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

PK Gaming

ZyOPnnc.png

I think this packs more of a punch since

he's actually going to prosecute in the new game, haha

GSR

Well, AA6 comes out tomorrow in Japan. I'll put up a quick import thread tonight if nobody else is planning to.

Link1110

I hope they're gonna release the US version of 6 on August 3, which is the exact day when the first case of the first game takes place. Would be an amazing shout out.

Golnei

They wouldn't require any additional localisation; and there aren't any licensing issues that could crop up due to it being an internal property, so I wouldn't think they'd be absent. Sengoku Basara might be a nonentity outside Japan, but that doesn't seem like much of a reason to remove the outfits from the game if it'd almost require more effort than keeping them. Though if they're paid DLC, I can see the argument for not even bothering.

Lusankya

I don't need much more info about the English version. Basically only the exact release date and how/when/if we get all the DLC.

FluxWaveZ

I'm not sure why, but I felt compelled to create an "Ace Attorney" tier list for some of the characters who have an active role in the courtroom in the main games:
"Experience" isn't what they canonically have in terms of years and such, but how their demeanor, behavior and skill makes them seem like they have.

I've personally always wanted to see a prosecutor who would fit in the fourth quadrant. I think that would make for an interesting opponent.

Sandfox

I'm not sure why, but I felt compelled to create an "Ace Attorney" tier list for some of the characters who have an active role in the courtroom in the main games:

"Experience" isn't what they canonically have in terms of years and such, but how their demeanor, behavior and skill makes them seem like they have.

I've personally always wanted to see a prosecutor who would fit in the fourth quadrant. I think that would make for an interesting opponent.
Ichiyanagi from AAI2 could fit in the fourth quadrant lol.

PK Gaming

Godot definitely belongs in the top right quadrant

He's got a considerable amount of experience
as a defense attorney
and it shows in superior prosecuting ability. He's calm and collected but he's able to bring the fire when needed and he basically isn't phased by anything.

In an ideal world, DD Phoenix should be in the top right quadrant, but the writers love to dumb him down when he's actually playable so I can't actually object to his placement. Boo.

FluxWaveZ

Godot definitely belongs in the top right quadrant

He's got a considerable amount of experience
as a defense attorney
and it shows in superior prosecuting ability. He's calm and collected but he's able to bring the fire when needed and he basically isn't phased by anything.

The thing is that, for as much posturing as Godot has during AA3, what I remember from it was that he never actually felt like much of a threat in court. He never commanded the atmosphere like any of the top right prosecutors did, and I don't think I remember Phoenix feeling as challenged against him like any of them, or even Franziska either.

Maybe he deserves to be more near the top because of his ability to be calm at all times, but I kinda disagree with him actually being alongside the likes of Manfred, Edgeworth, experienced Phoenix Wright, etc. The only reason Blackquill isn't more to the left is because his opponents were jobbers like Athena and AA5 Wright.

Edit: "Never" is a bit harsh, especially when I consider that video. Hm... I don't know why I feel so much like Godot wasn't that big of a deal, in this context. Maybe his lack of a reputation due to the whole "mystery" behind him?

You should include Diego as an experience attorney since we know he's competent Godot falls into the weird category of testing Phoenix despite knowing he's on the wrong side in each case.

PK Gaming

The thing is that, for as much posturing as Godot has during AA3, what I remember from it was that he never actually felt like much of a threat in court. He never commanded the atmosphere like any of the top right prosecutors did, and I don't think I remember Phoenix feeling as challenged against him like any of them, or even Franziska either.

Maybe he deserves to be more near the top because of his ability to be calm at all times, but I kinda disagree with him actually being alongside the likes of Manfred, Edgeworth, experienced Phoenix Wright, etc. The only reason Blackquill isn't more to the left is because his opponents were jobbers like Athena and AA5 Wright.

Edit: "Never" is a bit harsh, especially when I consider that video. Hm... I don't know why I feel so much like Godot wasn't that big of a deal, in this context. Maybe his lack of a reputation due to the whole "mystery" behind him?

It felt like Godot challenged Phoenix the most in the original trilogy (okay, maybe not as much as Manfred). Godot messes around more than Edgeworth and Franziska, but he also managed to consistently push Phoenix to the brink during the critical parts of the trial. Whereas Franziska, Manfred and Edgeworth(AA1) relied on intimidation and dirty tactics, Godot was arguably just as good at shifting the momentum away from Phoenix without having to resort to gimmicks. In fact, Phoenix straight up had to bluff in order to beat him in 3-3. Conversely, Franziska struggles to regain the momentum once she loses it in 2-2 & 2-3 and AA1 Edgeworth wasn't that great of an attorney (especially considering he outright helps Phoenix in 1-3). Godot was really good at his job, and the only prosecutor to outright call out Phoenix on his penchant for relying on bluffs.

You should include Diego as an experience attorney since we know he's competent Godot falls into the weird category of testing Phoenix despite knowing he's on the wrong side in each case.

He only tests him in the final case. He tries his hardest to beat him in the previous cases.

Watching the anime revitalized my interest in the series. I stopped after 3 simply due to being too busy to get through the games. I own both AA4 and AA5 but never played them (I wanted to support the domestic release).

Starting AA4 up now!

EDIT: Apparently I have played the fourth game before. Everything's unlocked. I just don't remember a damn thing from it.

Hi AAGaf! I haven't posted here before, but I've always liked this series.

Last night I finished Dual Destinies! Bought it when it was on sale, and I had such a blast playing it. Though it was easier that previous games, the characters felt much more alive, and the psychological therapy gimmick was something I didn't expect to like as much.

And that 5th case. The game really did it good there, I wasn't expecting the twists, but I loved
how the game basically built trust in Athena during the whole game, only to test your trust at the end, when everything pointed to her as the killer. It really gave the "believe in your client until the very end" speech much weight IMO.

That secret identity though
I'm kinda torn by it. The comedic relief turned into the villain ! It's kinda cool, since you really, really wouldn't see that coming, and being an OTT character fits the theme of emotions that's in the game. For a second I thought the Spy was going to be a robot.

Really good game. I'm looking foward to september, this revitalized my interest in the series, so now I'll watch the anime too!

Lusankya

I won't listen to these tracks in fear of spoilers (from the thumbnails in the recommended videos section...), but what I heard so far is really promising. Can't wait until September!

Guys, my good friend just reminded me that today (or tomorrow depending on your time zone) is a very important day. August 3rd, 2016 is the day in-game where one Phoenix Wright makes his debut as a defense attorney in the trial of Larry Butz. In other words, tomorrow is when it all begins.

Bowl0l

Man, they really don't want to market Ace Attorney games in the West much. Guess digital releases gives them that leeway to announce it relatively late.
Well, it can be worse. Stealth release and expect 1 million sales. Or a surprise NX port of all AA games.

Anilones

What is the general consensus of Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright? I recently picked up a 2DS and was interested in the game. I greatly enjoy all AA games (and Ghost Trick) but have a major (theoretical) backlog of 3DS games to play through and was curious (from AA-fans point of view) how PLvPW is.

Lusankya

What is the general consensus of Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright? I recently picked up a 2DS and was interested in the game. I greatly enjoy all AA games (and Ghost Trick) but have a major (theoretical) backlog of 3DS games to play through and was curious (from AA-fans point of view) how PLvPW is.

It's really good, just be reminded that the game is heavily influenced by Layton gameplay and story structure.

Anilones

I hated the crap out of it and wish I never played it. What few good moments it had were annihilated by that ending.

Why did you hate it so much, apart from the ending which I have heard is terrible? For someone who really enjoys a good twist ending in the AA series (e.g. Trials and Tribulations), would PLvPW go against this?

Top Bottom