• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney [Mafia] |OT| Turnabout Scum

roytheone

Xam is our cop with a weird Green/Red theme. Can't think of many characters that can do that, Blue Badger maybe? With his flags? They are those colors if I remember correctly. Eh, who knows, Sorian is weird.

He already said he was Lana skye. The Green/Red thing is just another way to say "he turned up as town/ he turned up as not-town".

Now that I got his role I have to say... Well, I guess you guys will find out soon enough. Revealing your hand early on is dumb and should only be done when there are no other leads. Also, for those who remember me from the Harry Potter thread... well that was fun.

Why are you hinting at having a PR in your first post? What are you, a clone of Xam?

Also:

giphy.gif

If there is a scum switcher, I have no idea why Xam or Scrafty aren't dead yet, especially with our watcher already out of the picture.

Actually the alignment of the switcher doesn't matter here.

N1 Xam checked squidyj for example. What if our switcher (if we do have one. But there might not even be one and we may just have a bodyguard) switched squidyj and someone else?

roytheone

Actually the alignment of the switcher doesn't matter here.

N1 Xam checked squidyj for example. What if our switcher (if we do have one. But there might not even be one and we may just have a bodyguard) switched squidyj and someone else?

But then Ezekel is vote steal should also have moved, and someone else would have gotten his vote removed.

Sorian

Banned
Current Vote Count:

StarSketch (4)
Xamtheking
Matt Attack
roytheone
CrimsonFist

EzekelRAGE (0)
TheGoddamn

8 votes are needed for majority.

Day 3 ends in:
bla_1456956000.png

8 for majority?

Vote: StarSketch

Though personally I really do think we should go after who TWE was freaking out over. Hipster's replacement I think.

Yeah, Crimson's got it.

Specifically this post:

Vote: TheWorthyEdge

Hypothesis: You're getting worried because your scum teammate isn't posting (for whatever reason) and is getting called out for it.

I wasn't kidding. And I think Worthy may have given us two birds for one stone.

Nobody on my scum short-list is currently voting Star, which isn't helping me feel any better about her.

Also, seeing as nobody has come forward about receiving a card from DeKiller, the possibilities I can see are:

a) he gave it to someone who died
b) nobody was given one for whatever reason, so maybe he can't act every night?
c) Roy was lying (what motive would he have to do this?)
d) The person who was targeted was unable to receive it. So maybe Xam? Seeing as CB was also unable to give him a thing for some reason.

Which is really too many different options to draw any conclusions from.

Nobody on my scum short-list is currently voting Star, which isn't helping me feel any better about her.

Also, seeing as nobody has come forward about receiving a card from DeKiller, the possibilities I can see are:

a) he gave it to someone who died
b) nobody was given one for whatever reason, so maybe he can't act every night?
c) Roy was lying (what motive would he have to do this?)
d) The person who was targeted was unable to receive it. So maybe Xam? Seeing as CB was also unable to give him a thing for some reason.

Which is really too many different options to draw any conclusions from.

Who's on your list, or would you prefer that it be implied by elimination?

I was about to point out that nobody had as yet mentioned blackmailing today apart from Zeke in his post he wrote during the night) and roy, the previously blackmailed player. I see now that you talk about it by specifically referring to de Killer. But yeah, no one has come forward.

Another possibility is (related to D, but possibly already covered by it):
e) de Killer was blocked, or his target was protected; and a second addition
f) someone isn't revealing that they were blackmailed, for some reason.

We ending the day early?

Not discussing anything else?

No we shouldn't end early. I put the votes at 5 for a reason.

Basically how many scum do we think there are? 4? 5? One was lynched yesterday leaving I think 3-4 left.

If StarSketch is town, their votes are somewhat limited now. Anyone placing a vote on Sketch after the 5th is at risk of causing a turbo. And scum will want to avoid that this early.

VOTE: SalvaPot

I don't believe that Star is guilty, but the constant swapping of Quantum (who everyone thought was initially suspicious)'s position as well as some of the things Drago said are making me nervous.

Sorry Salva, though you have yet to do anything particularly suspicious, the fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge.

Will elabourate in detail once I have more time to gather my thoughts.

roytheone

No we shouldn't end early. I put the votes at 5 for a reason.

Basically how many scum do we think there are? 4? 5? One was lynched yesterday leaving I think 3-4 left.

If StarSketch is town, their votes are somewhat limited now. Anyone placing a vote on Sketch after the 5th is at risk of causing a turbo. And scum will want to avoid that this early.

I am a bit conflicted about this. On the one hand, TWE being a scum without any powers makes it more likely for there to be 5 scum in total, but on the other hand, the high number of kills per cycle for a 21 player game makes 5 scum A LOT.

I actually have a theory.
What if Scum didn't target me for a kill last night, but instead attempted to blackmail me and failed the same way that CB did?

Star, I would appreciate it if you would shed a little light on what you are. Star puns aside, I think you're just full of hot air and lies. You haven't contributed at all today.

roytheone

I actually have a theory.
What if Scum didn't target me for a kill last night, but instead attempted to blackmail me and failed the same way that CB did?

Possible, but that leaves the question: who was the scum target last night? Both of the dead are not logical scum targets IMO.

Then again, we don't have a confirmed protector role. So they shouldn't be trying to avoid hitting ScraftyDevil. She's hypothetically wide open.

Tbh they've been going against non-obvious roles since game start. I'm still sure that it's because the people that need to be taken out are liable to be protected.

The most obvious targets for protecting were Xam or Scrafty. I really think they could have done better than inactives, even discounting those two.

I think scum are too scared to go after high-activity players who are also PRs because they are scared of the possibility that their target might get saved and expose scum. Or they might be operating under the theory that low-activity players might still be PRs, using RNH as an example

Last night outed power roles would have been Xam, Scrafty, Zeke and CB (sort of). Additionally you had Squidy confirmed as town by Xam, and Matt Attack for that writeup against TWE.

So that nobody on that list was killed is really odd.

Humor me for a second: if you were scum and you needed to pick someone to night kill, who would you pick.

Assuming Zeke really is town, probably him.

After that, Crimson/Roy/Me (before I role claimed)/Squidy.

Crimson and Roy are top contributors. If they actually are town they'd make good targets.

I was also a top contributor.

Squidy is near the top and IIRC was also cleared by Xam.

Star is scum. I can feel it in my gut.

My gut told me Drago was scum, and look where that got me.

... You know what, I've got nothing to lose.

Vote: XamtheKing

You're pushing pretty hard and it's not exactly difficult to fake your PR. Hell, someone did it for a good chunk of FF.

My gut told me Drago was scum, and look where that got me.

... You know what, I've got nothing to lose.

Vote: XamtheKing

You're pushing pretty hard and it's not exactly difficult to fake your PR. Hell, someone did it for a good chunk of FF.
Your gut didn't tell you Drago was scum, TWE told you Drago was scum
Also, "I've got nothing to lose"?
What the fucking fuck does that even mean?

Your gut didn't tell you Drago was scum, TWE told you Drago was scum
Also, "I've got nothing to lose"?
What the fucking fuck does that even mean?

Yes. But I had a choice between Drago and TWE.

I'm probably going to get lynched, and the only other move I can think of making will get me night killed (unless scum misses again) so at this point I may as well stop worrying about what my votes look like.

SalvaPot

Since I am finally at a PC, here was that thing about neutrals I had written but couldn't access on mobile because google spreadsheets is a dick:

Also, lets take a look at the player list right now:

ScraftyDevil: Confirmed town, has received an item.
CornBurrito: Can give those items, confirmed by Scrafty (not likely to be scum)
EzekelRAGE: Can steal votes from people, will get a double vote in place, confirmed by vote counts (not likely to be scum)
Xamtheking: Claims cop (unconfirmed)
squidyj: Green checked by Xam (scum pr could still have influenced this)
Redfalco: Green checked by Xam (scum pr could still have influenced this)

Roytheone: Got blackmailed by probably Shelly de Killer, what that does exactly and the alignment of Shelly are unknown.

Crimsonfist
Flathearthpandas
Matt Attack
Salvapot
StanleyPalmtree
StarSketch
TheGoddamn (his vote got stolen last night, but that is inconsequential for him being scum or town)
Zubz

Out of this list of people that aren't linked with a night action yet, I am feeling pretty good for now about Crimsonfist (high count poster, but hasn't done anything too suspicious with the exception of being OK with the mass name claim) and Matt Attack (he is very reactionary, mostly only posting when asked things, but made that big anti TWE post well before it was a certainty that he was going to be lynched). I am suspicious of Salva (QuantumBro with his weird "I will just follow Scrafty and avoid any accountability for my vote" business, Drago that keeps prod voting for a long while even after he said he was suspicious of TWE, extremely safe read list) and Starsketch (A bunch of weird posts, but I remember from Gafia 1 that is just kinda how she plays. However, her interactions with TWE yesterday with the way she kept saying she was suspicious of him, but never go all the way of actually voting on him, looks VERY scummy to me). I think that between Drago and Starsketch, we have 1 scum, I seriously doubt they are both scum with the way TWE and Sketch voted for Drago. The 4 remaining players I don't have a very strong opinion on yet.

He already said he was Lana skye. The Green/Red thing is just another way to say "he turned up as town/ he turned up as not-town".

Why are you hinting at having a PR in your first post? What are you, a clone of Xam?

Also:

giphy.gif

Thank you for this is info, its a pretty good recap. Also I am not hinting at a PR, at least not yet, and its hardly my first post since I have to make do with what my predecessors did, but honestly? I think its pretty tame, I'll elaborate in my answer to Scrafty, but I want to point a few things out about your neutral laws.

based on the win condition of edge, three options regarding neutrals:

option 1: all neutrals have killing powers. This will make the part about neutrals in their win condition the same as ours: they still need to be removed for them to win. Their being a neutral could even save us from a loss if they reach 50 % of the votes but a killing neutral is still present (but we will probably still lose, only just a day later).

option 2: The neutrals can win win scum, but not with us. Worst case scenario. This will make neutrals basically extra scum members, since they will probably actively work towards a scum win while also trying to achieve their win condition to maximize the ways they can win. Unlikely to me.

option 3: neutrals will lose when scum achieves their win condition and they haven’t reached theirs yet. Best case scenario. Our win condition is way easier for a neutral to prospone then scums, since we will need to remove or kill the neutral. That means that a situation would be possible where we killed all the scum, and only a non lethal neutral survives. Since no night kills would be happening, it would be easy to just let the neutral reach his win condition and let us all win. The neutral will be most likely to side with us.

out of those 3 options, I would say 1 is most likely, followed by 3 and then 2.

So we know Scum wins when killing all other active killing roles, this hints that there are neutrals that can win by siding with mafia. And town only wins by eliminating everyone else. So we can assume:

1) There are neutrals for sure.
2) There are neutrals that can only win killing everyone else.
3) There are neutrals that DON'T have an active killing ability, so they can win by surviving.

But there is something you didn't mention that I think has another interpretation:
You win when your team makes up at least 50% of the living player list, and there are no other active killing abilities remaining.
This could also be referring to town-Vigilantes, not necessarily a neutral. We know Franziska was a town vigilante, so even if scum had 50% during the night, there is a chance town could have won if her priority was better. Or there could be more town aligned killing roles. Franziska is dead now, so who knows if this still relevant for this discussion, but its an idea we shouldn't dismiss.

VOTE: SalvaPot

I don't believe that Star is guilty, but the constant swapping of Quantum (who everyone thought was initially suspicious)'s position as well as some of the things Drago said are making me nervous.

Sorry Salva, though you have yet to do anything particularly suspicious, the fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge.

Will elabourate in detail once I have more time to gather my thoughts.

I have looked back at QB initial display and I have to say, its "scummy" but not definitive. Following a confirmed town role its a fair albeit "safe and boring"suggestion, and although I admit his reaction when he was called out on it was poor (And by poor was "Oh good please don't suspect me" awful), now that I am on his shoes I have been looking at the people who put that pressure on him more closely, it seems like classic search for the first lynch. As you may all know, I am extremely against Day 1 lynch, with a few exceptions, and its been proven time and time again that we always hit town or worst, a PR, because on the first day there is nothing to see and all you can do is probe for info that might be useful later.

Right now the info is that QB ( aka me) reacted badly when asked for motivations... but again this seems more like a narrative, and excuse, to base accusations and get a lynch going. Its fair play, Its hard to be the one under the mirror and constantly suspected. When you are town and you are suspected you feel awful because you just know people are wrong about you, how to prove otherwise? See at Starketch.

The thing is, the ONLY way to remove suspicion for you, is to either change topics and try to prove yourself through work, or get confirmed by someone trust worthy. The problem is that in this game, if you trust someone too much... he is either going to die or you are going to be betrayed.

QB I don't think really felt the pressure that much, and the narrative was not as harsh on him when he was suspicious as today seems, if you back and read it was Star and Worthy that were leading the discussion... but honestly I think it was cowardly that people decided not to vote out QB before he was switched, and then after, because it pretty much proved that they had no real good reasons to vote for him in the first place.

Drago, on the other hand, had it harder. Everyone got FAR more suspicious of QB when he was switched. He couldn't handle the pressure, so he must be scum, right? Of course now I am him, so now I have that context to work with. Dragon then had to carry that stigma and try to make do. Now he had to answer for actions that other player did, actions that really mean nothing to him. This is the situation I am now, I can't possibly understand what their idea was. I can only interpret. As I see it, QB was playing it safe to avoid suspicion and survive long enough to be useful and the innocuous idea he threw around was instantly, aggressively used against him. Drago then had to fight an uphill battle, minding his words so people won't auto-lynch him for what QB did.

But I think everyone realizes how silly it is to think that only suspicious people are scummy, and only town leaders are town. With that in mind, think about it. Is it likely QB and then Drago were town all along?

Me? What they did is irrelevant. They are they, I am me. I can try and explain why they did and acted like they did, but all is going to be speculation based on my role pm and was has happened on the thread. Right now (THIS IS NOT A ROLE CLAIM) I am a Role Cop that have stolen Drago's identity, but have no idea what he was doing with it before.

And Scrafty, you are playing it mad safe voting for me. You are doing exactly what QB did on day 1 when he decided to follow you, why is that? As the only confirmed town we have so far, you should be leading on gathering more information, not circling around the info you have. Me and Star are there for you guys to lynch if you can't figure it out anything else, but are we really not going to at least try to get someone else to talk?

Because scum (and neutral/vig) have been targeting mid to low tier kills right now, and they are killing those who have yet to speak up.

So really, if anyone is town and its not speaking up, maybe you won't be lynched because everyone will ignore you in discussions, but you will likely be targeted by killing roles.

Top Bottom