• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney [Mafia] |OT| Turnabout Scum

...I was under the impression that I was contributing. I stopped trying to defend myself a while ago.

If you're trying to get a role claim out of me, you're not getting one.
Here's what I want from you, then:
1. A reads list
2. A full, detailed explanation for your actions regarding talking about the win condition on D1.

Sorian

Banned
Current Vote Count:

StarSketch (5)
Xamtheking
Matt Attack
roytheone
CrimsonFist
CornBurrito

SalvaPot (1)
ScraftyDevil

Xamtheking (1)
StarSketch

EzekelRAGE (0)
TheGoddamn

8 votes are needed for majority.

I honestly don't feel as thought Star's someone who's playing with the assistance of a team. I suppose I'll feel more or less comfortable lynching her as the day goes on, because if she is a villain then there's no way her cohorts are going to just sit back and let her die considering they lost one of their own just yesterday.

To be fair, did TheWorthyEdge appear that way as well?

If you avoid having to claim during the day phase we never know what it is you're supposed to be doing and are never able to check if you actually did it or not.

So then why don't we all claim right here, right now?

Here's what I want from you, then:
1. A reads list
2. A full, detailed explanation for your actions regarding talking about the win condition on D1.

The reads list will take a bit if you want me to be detailed with it.

As for Day One: I was trying to be productive. I'm a lot better at role speculation and metagame stuff than I am reading people, especially on day one where we have literally nothing. So I was trying to figure out if there was a neutral player...only to say something totally unnecessary because I didn't think what I said through all the way.

You said to do what I think will help town the most, and guaranteeing that my role will be lost is a really really bad idea.

I understand that you don't want to role claim this early in the day. We're only 28 hours in, after all. But keep in mind though that not putting up an adequate defense will also "[guarantee] that [your] role will be lost". It's a fine line.

Emphasis mine on the above ScraftyDevil quote, by the way.

I thought TWE was town until the reaction to my prod, TBH

Truly baffling. Maybe he couldn't handle even the smallest stain on his perfect record.

Fake edit re: Star: Requesting a mass claim will not be taken well. It's an anti-town move if there ever was one.

Hey Crimson, you da man.
StarSketch, please explain to me how you know scum have fake roles to claim. It wasn't in TWE's PM, after all. All we know is they have a name to claim.

I don't know anything. I was running under that assumption based off of TWE's very role PM.

I understand that you don't want to role claim this early in the day. We're only 28 hours in, after all. But keep in mind though that not putting up an adequate defense will also "[guarantee] that [your] role will be lost". It's a fine line.

Emphasis mine on the above ScraftyDevil quote, by the way.

Truly baffling. Maybe he couldn't handle even the smallest stain on his perfect record.

Fake edit re: Star: Requesting a mass claim will not be taken well. It's an anti-town move if there ever was one.

It was sarcasm. I'm getting pressed into this and I don't know how to defend myself. I know I'm town, but literally anything I say is buried by my screw ups :|

Heck, I'm pretty sure my role claim will be denied by something I said today, just because I claimed after a certain discussion!

SalvaPot

Going back to look, It is true that TWE's fake role PM had the role of vanilla townie attached, if that counts as a fake role.

Easier than that, he was modkilled because of it, so he posted it exactly as it was. If he had made any modification to it, he would have not been modkilled.

Easier than that, he was modkilled because of it, so he posted it exactly as it was. If he had made any modification to it, he would have not been modkilled.

He'd have been modkilled modifications or not, pretty sure you're not supposed to post anything that looks like it could have been copied and pasted.

And either way, Sorian, is it ok to continue this topic? Since it shouldn't have been posted in the first place?

SalvaPot

He'd have been modkilled modifications or not, pretty sure you're not supposed to post anything that looks like it could have been copied and pasted.

And either way, Sorian, is it ok to continue this topic? Since it shouldn't have been posted in the first place?

I mean, its fair to talk about the fact that I am replacing a replacement, so talking about a fake role pm that was not edited out after it was punished should be fair game.

Sorian

Banned

Discussion around anything that has been posted to the thread is fine. Punishment was already doled out for the offense and analyzing why it happened is still a part of the game.

squidyj

So then why don't we all claim right here, right now?

The reads list will take a bit if you want me to be detailed with it.

As for Day One: I was trying to be productive. I'm a lot better at role speculation and metagame stuff than I am reading people, especially on day one where we have literally nothing. So I was trying to figure out if there was a neutral player...only to say something totally unnecessary because I didn't think what I said through all the way.

don't get pissy with me, you're the one who thought it was a good idea to hint that you had an important power role.

It was sarcasm. I'm getting pressed into this and I don't know how to defend myself. I know I'm town, but literally anything I say is buried by my screw ups :|

Heck, I'm pretty sure my role claim will be denied by something I said today, just because I claimed after a certain discussion!
Someone is joking around and pissing town off while a lot of votes are on them?
I wonder where we've seen that before

Yep, and that's exactly why I felt sorry for TWE and let my guard down!
So, you fell for TWE's master plan of... making jokes and subsequently going back on them. Seems legit.
Just names is fine, sorry I couldn't hack the 60 second post restriction, I'll try harder next time.

So, you fell for TWE's master plan of... making jokes and subsequently going back on them. Seems legit.
Just names is fine, sorry I couldn't hack the 60 second post restriction, I'll try harder next time.

No, I've just gotten extremely pissed at myself for making stupid moves, resulting in the same behavior while Town before.

Why wouldnt you want to give a detailed one?

Because that's going to take a while and I have to backread most of the thread because if I'm going to get detailed, I need to make sure I don't misremember things.

No, I've just gotten extremely pissed at myself for making stupid moves, resulting in the same behavior while Town before.

Because that's going to take a while and I have to backread most of the thread because if I'm going to get detailed, I need to make sure I don't misremember things.
So you thought TWE was Town because you empathized with him, then? You thought he was Town because his actions mirrored yours, right?

Also, I'm fine with a reads list spread out over multiple posts if need be, I would love any amount of detailed reads from you.

So you thought TWE was Town because you empathized with him, then? You thought he was Town because his actions mirrored yours, right?

Also, I'm fine with a reads list spread out over multiple posts if need be, I would love any amount of detailed reads from you.

Yep, exactly.

SalvaPot

Hey Xam, while you are here can you tell us why you chose Squid and redfalco to inspect? QB/Drago/me, Worthy and Star looked suspicious to you, so why not check any of us?

Hey Xam, while you are here can you tell us why you chose Squid and redfalco to inspect? QB/Drago/me, Worthy and Star looked suspicious to you, so why not check any of us?
I have been burned by not looking at lower activity posters once. Never again.
Also, I didn't check Worthy N2 because he was dead.

Star, remember first and foremost that this is a game. You should be having fun.

Being under the spotlight isn't fun for sure, but it happens. People will inevitably think you are scum. Sometimes for silly reasons.

Don't feel like you played poorly just because you were town and got lynched or sispected. With the exception of Scrafty and Xam's results, we're essentially playing blind. Even playing differently wouldn't have made you immune from suspicion. I mean people can think you're scum for playing too town. Like when I thought Crab was scum in Dangan.

People are going to suspect you. And people are going to vote for you. No matter what you do. That's just what happens.

On a semi-related note: Roy and Crimson really haven't pinged my scumdar. I'd like to use the remaining time of this day phase to sort of review their posts and voting patterns over these past two days.

Zubz

Banned

I hate to tag onto a request, but I just looked back and saw I was on your Scum Shortlist, too, Xam. Sorry to ask, but why am I on there? Thanks!

I hate to tag onto a request, but I just looked back and saw I was on your Scum Shortlist, too, Xam. Sorry to ask, but why am I on there? Thanks!
Primarily because someone else claimed Gumshoe.
Weak reasoning? Maybe, but you had that persona of Gumshoe cranked up to 11, and I am wondering why.

Star, are you still here? I'd like a status update of sorts, I guess. I don't want to rush your list, but I do want to know if you're working on it right now.

Star, remember first and foremost that this is a game. You should be having fun.

Being under the spotlight isn't fun for sure, but it happens. People will inevitably think you are scum. Sometimes for silly reasons.

Don't feel like you played poorly just because you were town and got lynched or sispected. With the exception of Scrafty and Xam's results, we're essentially playing blind. Even playing differently wouldn't have made you immune from suspicion. I mean people can think you're scum for playing too town. Like when I thought Crab was scum in Dangan.

People are going to suspect you. And people are going to vote for you. No matter what you do. That's just what happens.

On a semi-related note: Roy and Crimson really haven't pinged my scumdar. I'd like to use the remaining time of this day phase to sort of review their posts and voting patterns over these past two days.

Right, I just need to get out of SRS BSNS mode, I should be fine in a bit.

Star, are you still here? I'd like a status update of sorts, I guess. I don't want to rush your list, but I do want to know if you're working on it right now.

I am.

Zubz

Banned
Primarily because someone else claimed Gumshoe.
Weak reasoning? Maybe, but you had that persona of Gumshoe cranked up to 11, and I am wondering why.

I'm honestly, 111% freaking serious here. I was not trying to play up the Gumshoe role. That is actually how I am. And the avatar choice was a last minute swap because Stanley Palmtree "claimed" Godot (I keep forgetting he's even in this game, by the way. He usually checks in, but he makes me look overbearing with how little he's posted. That's not a good sign in my book, so I may prod him here in a bit). I was joking around when I posted the Gumshoe GIF, but I wasn't trying to play the persona prior.

I'm honestly, 111% freaking serious here. I was not trying to play up the Gumshoe role. That is actually how I am. And the avatar choice was a last minute swap because Stanley Palmtree "claimed" Godot (I keep forgetting he's even in this game, by the way. He usually checks in, but he makes me look overbearing with how little he's posted. That's not a good sign in my book, so I may prod him here in a bit). I was joking around when I posted the Gumshoe GIF, but I wasn't trying to play the persona prior.
Then consider yourself off my short list for the time being.
You must be fun at parties.

Zubz

Banned
Then consider yourself off my short list for the time being.
You must be fun at parties.

ani-maya-mu.gif

Sometimes it is hard to separate the game from the GAF. Humor like the claim request echo TWE's non-joke of role claiming from D2, so it's not going to go over well even more, casting further doubt.

If you are town, it's a bad state to be in; I've been there before. A good thing to keep in mind is to keep the courage of your convictions even when it seems that you're rocketing towards the end. Getting heavily suspected (or at worst, lynched) doesn't mean that you've played badly or lost; it just means that you've helped town (I hope) in getting closer to the truth. Who voted for you? Who didn't? Who avoided you altogether? All of this pressing going on, now, is providing evidence for future days, for future investigations.

And isn't that what justice is about?

kb4lDFO.gif

If you are scum, well, that helps town too!

TG3AbKP.gif

On a related note, I'm smelling that scummy stank on StanleyPalmtree right now; his only post this day phase was a non-vote for Star backed up by nothing of his own. The only player with fewer posts is RedFalco, who has been cleared. He also has one post today, but it was much more detailed.

Reads list Part 1:

3. CornBurrito [m] Is apparently some sort of Baker? Pretty active. Appears to need to be careful with the burgers (?) he gives to people. His alignment is either Neutral or Town.
5. EzekelRAGE [m] Still can't think of a win condition for him if he's Neutral so I guess he's town for now??
6. flatearthpandas [m] Panda's only posted once. Honestly, Hipster's disappearance could have been a lot of things, so I can't make a call on it. The bits he actually did don't really read town or scum? That said, TWE and Drago seemed really insistent on prodding him for whatever reason. I wanna call scum but I'm not sure.
8. Matt Attack [m]: Kind of passive, but appears to be trying. Made a decent reads post on TWE and myself, and if I wasn't the subject of the latter, I'd probably keep it in mind for voting. Town.
9. SalvaPot [m]: Your er, predecessors did a lot of weird shit. Drago made some weird votes that seemed incredibly wishy washy, mostly prods. QB was on edge for a while there. I'm reading sorta scum right now.
16. StanleyPalmtree [m] Doesn't...really do anything? Got some shade on him for telling a really bad Flavor-Based joke earlier, but that didn't seem to be anything??? I have no freaking idea what to do with you.
20. Xamtheking : : So I saw this while back reading. I still don't understand why you made that role claim. It's a very tentative scum read, but of course it depends on the flips of other people.

This is the one where Star gets tired

Reads List part 2:

18. TheGoddamn: Sort of quiet but generally Active, I guess. Not getting any scum reads from him. Probably town.
21. Zubz [m] On the passive side, usually asking questions. Town.
10. Redfalco [m] Has actually made very few posts ._. There's some aggression in there, but that could mean pretty much anything. A few of his posts do have substance though. Hesitant town.
13. roytheone [m] Gave up some pretty good insights and usually seems alright. Probably town.
15. squidyj [m] Aggressive, made lots of posts. Probably town?
4. Crimsonfist [m] Makes some pretty good reads. Probably town.

Also uh...let's say my role is relevant to a discussion. Would it be a good or bad idea to claim?

This is the one where Star gets tired

Reads List part 2:

18. TheGoddamn: Sort of quiet but generally Active, I guess. Not getting any scum reads from him. Probably town.
21. Zubz [m] On the passive side, usually asking questions. Town.
10. Redfalco [m] Has actually made very few posts ._. There's some aggression in there, but that could mean pretty much anything. A few of his posts do have substance though. Hesitant town.
13. roytheone [m] Gave up some pretty good insights and usually seems alright. Probably town.
15. squidyj [m] Aggressive, made lots of posts. Probably town?
4. Crimsonfist [m] Makes some pretty good reads. Probably town.

Also uh...let's say my role is relevant to a discussion. Would it be a good or bad idea to claim?
You are more wishy-washy on your stance on claiming than Crimson's voting patterns this game.

I'm getting mixed messages from a lot of people as to whether or not I should but it's ultimately up to me, isn't it?
It's up to you and whoever your scum buddies are, but yeah, it's your call. You're probably fucked one way or another by this point, regardless of if you claim or not. Do what you like.

Top Bottom