• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Not that important now. Figures that aren't exclusive tend to stay up for order (on Sideshow at least) well after they've been released in HK.
Thanks. I'm tempted to get my first with it being Rey and BB-8 but it's not coming out for awhile and I wanna make sure I just don't want it because I'm on a high from seeing the movie.

Also, one more question. What are the odds they'll release an updated version of Rey with other accessories?

Messi

Thanks. I'm tempted to get my first with it being Rey and BB-8 but it's not coming out for awhile and I wanna make sure I just don't want it because I'm on a high from seeing the movie.

Also, one more question. What are the odds they'll release an updated version of Rey with other accessories?

If she has other outfits in the movie it's likely we could see versions with those if they follow the Marvel hot toys model. See scarlet Witch getting 2 costumes.

I think it's pretty high they'll reveal another one a few months from now.

Pachimari

Oh shit, I will never have that one. :(

I'm relegated to Disney Infinity figures and Kotobukiya Bishoujo Tekken/Street Fighter figures.

Messi

Do you ever get the feeling some of us have lost the perspective of how expensive these things are when we are pre-ordering 4-5 at a time lol.

ohkay

Do you ever get the feeling some of us have lost the perspective of how expensive these things are when we are pre-ordering 4-5 at a time lol.
Like other collecting hobbies, I find solace in the fact that these hold value, but yeah, they're expensive

Anyone have any thoughts on this R2-D2? It says 1/6th scale, but does it match up to the Hot Toys figures? I read one review where it said another 1/6th scale figure of R2-D2 was off in size.

14803863372_46e92ec67f_b.jpg

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-r2-d2-deluxe-sideshow-collectibles-2172/

I get what you are saying absolutely! I think once you own more than a few of them then you start to lose perspective. Its scary to think of the amount of money that I have tied up in 1/6 scale figures of the Hot Toys persuasion.

LiK

you forget when you use FlexPay with SS. I remember preordering several figures at once and the payments would come in around the same time and it was still expensive. I decided that I will only reserve that for figures I absolutely want or if they're SS Exclusive. I'm currently preordering at BBTS since the prices are the same or less than SS and I can cancel anytime before they ship.

you forget when you use FlexPay with SS. I remember preordering several figures at once and the payments would come in around the same time and it was still expensive. I decided that I will only reserve that for figures I absolutely want or if they're SS Exclusive. I'm currently preordering at BBTS since the prices are the same or less than SS and I can cancel anytime before they ship.

Doesn't BBTS charge you a down payment at some point, though? They charged me $150 down for that new Sonja PF.

Vidiot

nope, they only charge me when they ship. they were probably just doing a temp charge on your CC to make sure you have the funds.

Actually I think certain things require a downpayment. I'm pretty sure one of the expensive Hulkbuster figures did. Not sure if it was the HT one though.

LiK

Actually I think certain things require a downpayment. I'm pretty sure one of the expensive Hulkbuster figures did. Not sure if it was the HT one though.

I never had to do that for figures I preordered. must be reserved for the real expensive ones.

Drayco21

So I finally got around to dusting and reshuffling my Marvel Legends bookshelf clusterfuck. Took a few figures out to make room for some of the stuff coming out. It's unbelievable how much this has blown up and expanded in the last year.

I really need a new solution for my Spiders- I'm thinking of pulling Broxin out of the display, but with Ben Reilly Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, Silk, Superior Venom, and the inevitable Miles upgrade still to come, I don't think that's going to make enough space. Maybe I'll have a Spider-themed display somewhere else instead. The Avengers shelf is likewise pretty full, but I feel pretty well covered by the core characters, I'm not sure that there's much coming on that front that isn't just an upgrade for something already in there. A Black Panther and Falcon would be nice, I suppose. Pretty happy I got the recommendations for these flight stands in this thread a while back- having Wasp and Ms. Marvel midair really helped make the set-up pop for me, and it does a great job of hiding Mayday's broken arm at most angles.

I pulled a bunch of stuff of my villains shelf- there's always enough stuff coming out in that regards, and I'd much rather have the space for the upcoming comic Spider-Man and Captain America villains than guys like Movie Electro or someone like Toybiz Blackheart taking up tons of real estate. I could see this one getting another major shuffle soonish, might take Thanos out since the Cosmic shelf has a better one. Speaking of, I'm pretty satisfied with the Cosmic shelf. I'd track down those old Ronan and Annihilus build-a-figures if I could, but I don't see much changing on this one until Guardians 2.

Last shelf has kind of evolved from a random other shelf to being a weird X-Men / Street Level / Assorted Build-A-Figures shelf. Really like a lot of these figures, but I don't have enough to justify them taking their own shelves. Street Level might be getting there soon, and maybe once the X-Men series comes out next year, this one will have to split off.

Maximus.

Picked up a couple Star Wars Elite Series figures and they are great. Really a shame how hard it is to find these figures though. Some old figures from the line I want, but they are not in stores and are ridiculously priced online.

Speaking of PF's - My Premium Format Pinhead shipped from Sideshow today. As did my 1/6th Scale Imperial Tie Fighter Pilot. Just need the AT-AT Pilot and am Imperial Army collection will be complete!

I'll post pictures of both when they arrive.

Rootbeer

Banned
Tons of Batman v Superman merch hit my TRU.

I snagged the 6" BvS Batman and BvS Armored Batman. Superman and Wonder Woman were nowhere to be found; already snapped up. I'll be looking for them though.

They also had the companion build-a-figure series, the TV Universe stuff. I passed on them for now. These Mattel figures always drop in price pretty fast (The Man of Steel figures are almost being given away by some retailers.) I'll look for a good deal on them down the road.

Sadly these 6" Mattel "Adult Collector" lines are nowhere near as good as what Hasbro makes -- which, while themselves having flaws, at least feel like they are trying a little harder. But, these will be okay BvS figures for my collection until I can get some of the higher-end ones.

So if you've been waiting for BvS merch, you might want to start keeping your eyes open.

ETKi3JQ.jpg

Drayco21

I'll pick up Armored Batman and Reverse Flash for sure, but if I go any deeper than that will need to be based on how I feel about them. Shame they aren't closer to Legends in quality.

So, I've been on the hunt for THE 6" Darth Vader. I've gone through most versions and they all have their flaws.;

• Black Series - Great height, weird helmet. Weird lenses that look sad.
  • Figuarts - Too short! Head is too small for the body
  • Elite Series - Way too tall, no posability, decent sculpt though
  • MAFEX - Hoping to get this for Xmas.

I did finish building the Bandai model kit vader and I have to say, until I get my hands on the MAFEX Vader which looks promising from video reviews, this MIGHT be my Vader to display. He's tall, helmet is proportioned. He is really light though since it is essentially a hollow figure. But I like how he came out. Towers over Figuarts Luke, taller than Black Series Stormtroopers. It was fun painting his chest box since the stickers and water decals look like ass on the figure. Or I'm just the ass who can't apply the water decals correctly. Either way I'm happy!

12353977_1505466553088438_197977603_n.jpg

12346172_203027730038876_1122218767_n.jpg

Bloodember

You shouldn't be displaying PFs in a detolf anyway.

Messi's right, though. PF's are fucking enormous. I'd never waste two detolf shelves on one of those.

It's in the bottom of the detolf. And if you have seen the whole detolf, it's all Harley. I like their size for the price you pay. I'd have many more if I had the room and the money. Everyone has their opinion, yours is wrong, but we'll just ignore that.

Why not both? ;)

If I had to choose one, I'd almost certainly go with the Mark I. The minigun is the best. Although, the Mark III does have that cricket bat...

$350ish is already too much. I try to stick to one figure per character so that my wife doesn't divorce me.

I think you are right on MkI though.

Top Bottom