• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

I've been expecting you.

U4LqjFu.jpg

Who's ready for another Marvel Legends flood? Spidey (Absorbing Man BAF wave) wave in stock at BBTS. Unfortunately they're off until the 28th, so I don't expect these to be in hand until after the new year what with all the holidays.

So stoked for Spider-Gwen.

Laputa_94

Im curious into getting the Rey & BB-8 Hot Toy set as my first figure that costs over $100, but then I looked at how the Canadian dollar is doing and I might need to hold off on that investment for now.
=^|

Drayco21

Who's ready for another Marvel Legends flood? Spidey (Absorbing Man BAF wave) wave in stock at BBTS. Unfortunately they're off until the 28th, so I don't expect these to be in hand until after the new year what with all the holidays.

So stoked for Spider-Gwen.

I'm hyped for almost finishing the Superior Foes and for Jack. Marvel Legends next year is going to be scary.

3u69wNO.png

Bought my first Hot Toys figure last black friday and boy I sure knew that was the beginning of a new addiction, now I'm planning on getting Kylo Ren.

I notice you guys use some great display boxes, any recommendations on where to get them?

The only ones I've been able to find are these from the container store.
http://www.containerstore.com/s/collections/display/doll-size-display-cube/12d?productId=10001591

IKEA Detolf. $70, four cubed shelves with glass walls.

Rootbeer

Banned
MAFEX - Hoping to get this for Xmas.
check out this video review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKcokoRtKL4

I've bought so many Vader figures that I was going to pass on mafex vader. But... as it turns out he is quite possibly the best 6" scale Vader. All of them have small issues, it's just a matter of picking one that you feel has the best balance. For me, I love the Bandai version except that it's a tad short and the Vader helmet looks a too small.

I have the Figuarts Vader, Black Series Vader (normal and Emperor's Wraith Walgreens version)... I might add the Mafex to my collection. But I'm skipping the Model Kit (overrated IMO, body looks characteristically 'model it' to me) and the very odd Revoltech version.

Two pack with riot Stormtrooper. Single version as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------

“Traitor!”

One of the most attention-grabbing moments in promotion videos of Star Wars: The Force Awakens was the duel between the lightsaber-wielding Finn and the baton-wielding First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper. Now with the epic blockbuster already hitting theatres around the world, Star Wars fans can fully enjoy this exciting fight between the renegade First Order Stormtrooper Finn and the Riot Control Stormtrooper on the planet of Takodana.

Today, Hot Toys is very excited to officially present a special 1/6th scale collectible figures set featuring Finn and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper to let fans reenact this thrilling battle!

The highly-accurate Finn 1/6th scale collectible figure is specially crafted based on the image of John Boyega in the film featuring a newly developed head sculpt, finely tailored outfit, LED light-up lightsaber, detailed weapons, and a hexagonal figure stand with the Resistance’s emblem. The First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper is equipped with sleekly design Stormtrooper armor and helmet, the iconic baton, a riot shield, blaster rifle, and a hexagonal figure stand with the First Order’s emblem.

Don’t miss the chance to add this pair of fighters to your Star Wars collection today!

#StarWars #TheForceAwakens #Finn #FirstOrder

------------------------------------------

“You don’t know what I’ve seen. We all need to run.”

Star Wars: The Force Awakens has finally hit the silver screens around the world and already broke box-office records becoming the biggest worldwide opening in theatres! Following the debut of this epic Star Wars film, Hot Toys is very excited to officially present today the 1/6th scale collectible figure of one of the main characters of the film – Finn!

Originally trained to serve as a stormtrooper by the First Order, Finn’s conscience has awakened following the skirmish on Jakku and lead to his encounter with Rey, BB-8, and the Resistance which changes his life forever.

The highly-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the image of John Boyega as Finn in the film featuring a newly developed head sculpt, finely tailored outfit, LED light-up lightsaber, detailed weapons, and a hexagonal figure stand with the Resistance’s emblem.

Expand your Star Wars: The Force Awakens collection today with Finn!

WolfStark

Boyega face looks off to me.

It definitly is. Boyegas face is way softer. The Hot Toys Finn looks like a wrestling heel, pretty chunky face and it's definitly not just the promo shots, the prototype looked like that too. I hope they're getting back into the garage and try again.

Astral Dog

With all the STAR WARS things i noticed there is too much R2 D2 (specially when he barely appears) and many other things but no BB 8 or Kylo Ren. :/

Let this be a lesson to all hype trains.
And yet this happens pretty much every time with Star Wars, dating back to Boba Fett. Except that Boba Fett at least does more than
Phasma.

Still, I thought TFA was pretty good. There was some stuff throughout the movie that made me raise an eyebrow, but I enjoyed it overall. Finn, Rey, and BB-8 are fantastic additions to the Star Wars cast.

I'm still excited for my Phasma Hot Toy. It just looks incredible and she is confirmed for episode 8. I don't care if she is another Boba, just a cool looking piece.

Vyer

I'll just say that watching the new star wars movie really put a damper on my desire to pick up any toys from it...

It made me want to buy more actually.

Enough so that I might even dip into the Hot Toys pit. Previously I thought I'd just pick up an Iron Man and that's it.

I'm still excited for my Phasma Hot Toy. It just looks incredible and she is confirmed for episode 8. I don't care if she is another Boba, just a cool looking piece.
It certainly is.

Iron Patriot hardly did a thing in Iron Man 3, but it's still one of the best looking Iron Man figures that Hot Toys has done if you ask me.

atpbx

I don't go big on the figures (only got a small selection of hot toys stuff, the aliens set, Leon and Ada from R4, a couple of others).

Got a Captain America today, very pleased with it.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Got this guy for Christmas!

Best part though:
So one of the legs was a little wonky. The joint was loose and it seemed like something was kinda messed up with it since the gap was quite a bit bigger than the other leg. So I contact Amazon with the intention of exchanging it for a different one. Instead, they issue me a FULL REFUND. Not a return, just a straight up refund. Soooo I'm totally just keeping the figure, because I can live with a loose joint for the price of FREE.
Only sort of lame part is that since it was a Christmas present, my parents benefit from the refund, not me. But still. :p

But yeah, really happy with him overall! He's pretty badass and has the best articulation of any Monsterarts Godzilla.

Top Bottom