• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Never a good sign when Hot Toys promo pics have a figure standing in only one, static pose with straight arms and legs. The Wonder Woman figure will probably have piss poor poseability.

Yeah, I was ready to jump on this figure but the knees don't look like they bend. Hopefully I'm wrong.

LiK

Never a good sign when Hot Toys promo pics have a figure standing in only one, static pose with straight arms and legs. The Wonder Woman figure will probably have piss poor poseability.

i'm fine with it. just want a good looking Gal Godot/WW figure. maybe they'll do a version 2.0 in a year

WW looks amazing overall. Actually looks 1/1 but I'm not confident in their rubber body. Likeness looks slightly off as well but it just might be the expression throwing it off a little in some shot.

Might pick her up and replace her body with a PHICEN steel body.

Newly developed specialized body with over 17 points of articulations

man that rubber... i read it degrades dries cracks.... i think that's the big issue with the rubber tires on the project BM's Kaneda's bike reading through the forums...

but her face looks good =)

Last round with all the light up features and Hot Toys 1/6th scale Marty!

It's glorious. Hot Toys outdid themselves.:)

ok, cool it's still avail. i fell asleep last night and forgot to check if this is still in stock. just one more month and i can grab this thing. might to have get a 40 gallon fish tank to display it in... saw that in another thread.
and BBTS is awesome shipping stuff plus always took care of any damages.

ok, cool it's still avail. i fell asleep last night and forgot to check if this is still in stock. just one more month and i can grab this thing. might to have get a 40 gallon fish tank to display it in... saw that in another thread.
and BBTS is awesome shipping stuff plus always took care of any damages.

Any pics of the fish tank display? That's actually a good idea. :) I have the 1/6th scale Tumbler I'd like to get a decent display for. I was thinking of having a custom plexiglass display made.....

Three Zero have a 1/6th scale Pinhead up on sideshow I'm considering...

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/hellraiser-pinhead-threezero-902682/

hellraiser-3-hell-on-earth-pinhead-sixth-scale-threezero-902682-09.jpg

hellraiser-3-hell-on-earth-pinhead-sixth-scale-threezero-902682-16.jpg

That's actually.......kind of perfect.
The tank looks to be about $90. Looks like I'm going to Petco.:D

well, i'll be a month or more away in getting this. (i was looking at the flying car from part II and maybe waiting for that) but it'll be good to see how the petco tank works for you.

Side by side Boba Fett. Showing both the ESB Sideshow Fett release and the newly released Hot Toys ROTJ version.

12424896_1747741078805706_346114917_n.jpg

Both are very strong figures. I already have the ESB one and I have the Hot Toys one on the way. The only real knock on the ESB figure is the overly "poofy" undervest on the chest. Details on the ROTJ figures are also a tad better but again - both are very good representations of the character in their respective films.

ROTJ version looks way better ^

It should be mentioned that the ESB Boba is V2 that Sideshow just released with a new paint scheme. One I don't happen to like as the green they used is darker than what the ESB version should look like. V1 of the figure looks better (its the one I own), IMO.

IMG_4765.jpg

177881_485230438171262_2124370731_o.jpg

dankir

Hot toys has updated the Batfleck body for their 1/6 figure. I guess it looks better?

12717990_10153408489832344_1080366255786204947_n.jpg

I have a feeling this will have very stiff poseability though.

I'm tempted to pick this up. I regret not getting the HT version but maybe it was for the best as I'd probably have an easier time finding place for this.

i'm looking into them myself... i want the back to the future car first but this scale might make it easier to collect. and so excited for macross delta to drop.

update: mp-32 optimus primal is set of Oct for 12,000yen

My LCS got in a load of new Hot Toys...all with a big price tag. Has anyone picked up Thanos or the Iron Man Mark IX and Pepper Potts twin pack? I'm really in two minds about these...the Mark IX and Pepper Potts two pack is more expensive than the Igor they have for sale. That makes it pretty hard to justify the cost on seeing as I have (so far) managed to pass on Igor as I considered the price too hefty. I get the two pack is just two figures but I'm not sure I am that keen on Pepper, but I like the Mark IX a lot.

Messi

My LCS got in a load of new Hot Toys...all with a big price tag. Has anyone picked up Thanos or the Iron Man Mark IX and Pepper Potts twin pack? I'm really in two minds about these...the Mark IX and Pepper Potts two pack is more expensive than the Igor they have for sale. That makes it pretty hard to justify the cost on seeing as I have (so far) managed to pass on Igor as I considered the price too hefty. I get the two pack is just two figures but I'm not sure I am that keen on Pepper, but I like the Mark IX a lot.

What kind of prices?

Top Bottom