• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

anyone getting this?
nO2OjtJ.jpg

FmDRkE9.jpg

eblUkty.jpg

photos are from a member on Macross World

Wow that is pretty boss.
i was on the fence but those pictures makes me want this thing, i'm glad i got one on order.
I would like too but preorders are sold out for that beauty.
shoot! i posted a link a few days ago when hlj had it in stock but you're right! it's sold out everywhere...

this is cool guys, i posted this classic figure a while back during WF week and there was someone interested. in any case, it's up for pre order @ HLJ
37,810yen (yeow! pricey)
https://www.hlj.com/product/few96571

it's expensive but from what i heard, Fewture stuff is rare and usually goes up in price hours after release (like these Metal Builds)

official pics from dengeki hobby
http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/173450/
Megazone 23 Garland

Tom_Cody

I do. Completely disappointing piece for the cost. Even though they tell you the measurements before buying, I was still disappointed.

It'll only ever look that good in Macro shots.
I looked at some video reviews and I think I'm going to pass. I actually like that it is so small, but I don't think I could justify spending more than $10 on it.

Zombine

Banned
SMH is right. Yikes. Those webs on the face are really unbecoming.

I have Vader and Boba Fett.

While I love them, I don't think they offer a whole lot outside of being a conversation piece when people ask you about them. You pay for the sheer amount of plastic that is a part of the mold.

It was bound to happen. I thought I could just stick to buying a few Marvel Legends and end it there. Nope. I started watching figure reviews, browsing toy company's websites and cruising E-Bay like a junkie. I finally decided to dive into the Alien and Predator figures. I love both franchises and the figures all look really cool. I splurged on a couple of AvP figures, Scar and Warrior Alien. I really enjoy Paul W.S. Anderson's movie, and they were relatively cheap ($20 or so) at Neca's E-Bay store. They arrived the other day.

0MN26cl.jpg

WJQ6Iyy.jpg

bV7THyb.jpg

JnRYj4w.jpg

OpEHqhS.jpg

9JDTZ93.jpg

J4p0j12.jpg

NZemLZ9.jpg

3nyzwhZ.jpg

qysIBrH.jpg

vd6PhzE.jpg

bI7BJkF.jpg

xumZq4q.jpg

Needless to say, I love the figures. Both are pretty amazing sculpts with plenty of paint detail. They are a bit limited in their articulation, Scar in particular, but I can get them into enough poses to work. They look really awesome facing off against each other. They definitely won't be my last purchases for either line. I want Any Time and City Hunter along with Big Chap and maybe the Dog Alien.

I've decided to go a bit wider in my collecting, as well. I saw the Resident Evil figures and they look pretty cool. I've also decided to get a couple of Hot Toys, along with the Three Zero 1/4 inch scale Pinhead figure. My wallet is already begging for mercy.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Nice. How much did you get it for? Is it better than The Play Arts version?

Had a 20% off coupon so $21. MSRP is $24.99. I don't collect PAK but he's an amazing figure and probably one of the best NECA figures I've owned.

1upsuper

I have Vader and Boba Fett.

While I love them, I don't think they offer a whole lot outside of being a conversation piece when people ask you about them. You pay for the sheer amount of plastic that is a part of the mold.

I actually really like the Boba Fett in this line and I'm not even a Star Wars fan. Spidey's face is just a muddled mess here, IMO.

Boke1879

Seeing BvS last night made me really want to preorder Armored Batman and Wonder Woman (poseable or not). Good thing I just got a raise at work. rip

Seeing the movie and I went to Sideshow.com and I really want to get Batman in his normal suit. Mainly because it comes with more. WW also looks fucking amazing.

Looking through the Neca Predator stuff. Really love the Kenner line they have going. I think I'll need to get some of them. The series coming out in June looks awesome.

I especially dig the deluxe leader figure. Not sure about the glow in the dark one, though. I'll probably skip that one.

don't mean to post so quickly but hopefully it helps someone looking:
Red Frame is avail for pre-order again @ BBTS for 190

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN16683&mode=retail

most likely back up preorders that were cancelled now that he's been released @ hlj, amiami, hobby search and CDjapan, etc =)

the redframe flight unit attachment is still sold out though

FigureArts Zero -Macross Delta
g3znn9M.jpg

Figma
ePkeIMB.jpg

JEZhLaK.jpg

dPeRUxy.jpg

l7VsErb.jpg

utBmJI3.jpg

zwGt7Sz.jpg

Wonder Woman 1/6
W8oFBRY.jpg

Batman v Superman tech manual
HYrx6H9.jpg

Y31HOUE.jpg

loOJsBj.jpg

uNXtCEP.jpg

BehrSxu.jpg

94nNQAE.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Prredator line is such a weird thing to me. Like I get wanting to have a Predator figure. Maybe even a few to represent the ones from the movies or the comics. But there are SO many figures of Predators despite not having a tv show or a recent major movie or anything. Just Predator figures are like the one constant of action figures lately.

Tom_Cody

9SmcyjH.jpg

Tag Hobby's Youtube Review of RE: EDIT IRON MAN # 05 Hulkbuster

Price: US $ 305 / JPY38,000 (without tax)
Release Date: March 2016
Chiduo: 250mm
Material: ABS / ATBC-PVC / PA / POM / alloy
content: Hulkbuster body armor hangar, special pedestal, test button batteries (LR41x10 a)
renovation / supervision: Chemical Attack
design: T-REX
color: Yoji Hayakawa
Wow, that's really awesome! I had never heard of that line before. Their other Iron Man designs are great as well.

It looks so good. Might actually buy it if reviews are good.
yeah, after all these years of waiting, we're finally getting a Monster! if you haven't already take a look at the Hi Metal R Regults.... they're a thing of beauty. (yamato made one, but it was 400 @ retail and now fetching 1,000 for one =O,screw that, these are just as detailed for like 6000yen)

these pics are from a close friend of mine on Macross World who did promo shots of Xtransbots Apollyon prototype (3P Megatron) for the owner of Toy Dojo

Wow, that's really awesome! I had never heard of that line before. Their other Iron Man designs are great as well.
the designer caught my eye. T-REX is the engineer for a lot of nice toys i liked in the past.

Anyone know if there's a solid date for Hot Toys Hulkbuster yet? Sideshow says April-June. I'm thinking of using my reward points to bring the price down to a reasonable amount and want to wait until most of my figures have shipped already. I'm guessing it won't sell out at launch, so maybe I can wait until after.

Savitar

July 2016
HI-METAL R Destroid MONSTER

yeah, after all these years of waiting, we're finally getting a Monster! if you haven't already take a look at the Hi Metal R Regults.... they're a thing of beauty. (yamato made one, but it was 400 @ retail and now fetching 1,000 for one =O,screw that, these are just as detailed for like 6000yen)

these pics are from a close friend of mine on Macross World who did promo shots of Xtransbots Apollyon prototype (3P Megatron) for the owner of Toy Dojo

the designer caught my eye. T-REX is the engineer for a lot of nice toys i liked in the past.

I LOVE THESE. I said it before and I'll say it again, this is the stuff I've wanted since I was a child. All of them. They hold memories of my child hood so they're pretty big for me, all of the mecha from Macross. I can still remember watching so long ago on the floor being amazed by this show that was different than the rest of the cartoons on the TV and not quite knowing why. All I knew was I witnessed something special.

I LOVE THESE. I said it before and I'll say it again, this is the stuff I've wanted since I was a child. All of them. They hold memories of my child hood so they're pretty big for me, all of the mecha from Macross. I can still remember watching so long ago on the floor being amazed by this show that was different than the rest of the cartoons on the TV and not quite knowing why. All I knew was I witnessed something special.
i feel the same!
Well, they're owned by Gamestop, so.... easy mistake.
oh :|
That is because Gamestop owns them....
oh :| (x2)

Reebok Stompers from Aliens Announced!
r5YuFHC.jpg

This is the first time Reebok will release the high top "Ripley" version as well as the low ones worn by Bishop.
Here's the full article:
http://pulse.therpf.com/reebok-stompers-from-aliens-to-be-released-on-alien-day

SeanC

I wish I was a bigger Hellraiser fan because that's an awesome figure for that price. I love horror movies but for whatever reason not huge on Hellraiser.

Top Bottom