• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

I never could like the Fortresses in Macross. Only one I liked was the Macross Quarter but its fortress mode was so bad.

Kinda normal with this stuff, really.
yeah, it was sold out everywhere except hobby search and hlj, hobby search had their sale last week and it was gone in 10 mins. hlj was the only place selling without the traditional 5-10% off, once it went on sale, boom, all gone. i grabbed 2x... love hoarding boxes heheh.
well, i sold 1k worth of stuff today on the MW sales thread to make room for these

i never liked the quarter
this is so iconic and beautiful,
DYpWvT9l.jpg

i love watching Hot Toys... 1/6 is too big for me but i'm interested in the king arts smaller scale, i might get a few of those.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Just got these. =D

9jdKUB1h.jpg

Very nice! I got the movie Raph at TRU for $12. Awesome figure. I wanted to get the original Classics but my salt for never finding Bebop and Rocksteady quickly killed that. Hopefully Figuarts makes all the classic baddies to go with the upcoming Turtles.

Han/Chewie hot toys reissue hurts my soul.

I just couldn't be patient. Sold Bane and Selina Kyle Hot Toys at a profit, used that money to pay for after market Han/Chewie Prices. (Paid about $150 over for the pair).

I'm glad others can get it, just bummed how this went down for me.

In other news;

Ton of new Infinity (Marvel and Fett!), Lego Dimensions and Amiibo figures this week.

Also picked up a few of those Target exclusive DC Superhero girl figures. Focusing on the Batman characters (Harley, Ivy, Batgirl). They're cute. Definite impulse buy. Maybe I'll give them to a friends daughter eventually.

BBTS came through with the Ahsoka wave of Black Series. Took this shot:

1390432_507431386108814_614461997_n.jpg

This is one of the best Black series figures hands down. Kanan is nice as well, but I haven't taken any shots yet. The Luke from the save wave is ass. Its crazy to see such great figures in Kanan and Ahsoka and then you get this Farmboy Luke from Hasbro with his lame cloth robe. Its like they knew Bandai was coming out with a superior one and gave up.

dankir

Released in Hong Kong! love how this figure looks and its the cheapest Hot Toys figure in a long ass time but its light on accessories.

735121_10153390185337344_7341312664910402215_n.jpg

6157_10153390186692344_8211703152254993984_n.jpg

12841457_10153390193277344_7036524593066799163_o.jpg

1914498_1043344805738502_2119557633625365563_n.jpg

dankir

They are never going to stop making Iron Man figures, are they?

Well they release whichever ones come out in the films and I'm sure its their best selling 1/6 figure line so yeah they like money.

Hell I have 26 IM 1,2 and 3 figures and that's not even counting the Avengers / AOU IM figures I have either.

LiK

i am pretty damn tempted to get the Star Wars Han/Chewie/Ben reissues. is SS the only ones getting them? i hate paying NRDs. is this the first time HT did reissues? they used to do just newer versions of the same characters with minor changes. this looks like a real reissue.

Iron Legion design is cool but they were so damn useless in the movie.

dankir

i am pretty damn tempted to get the Star Wars Han/Chewie/Ben reissues. is SS the only ones getting them? i hate paying NRDs. is this the first time HT did reissues? they used to do just newer versions of the same characters with minor changes. this looks like a real reissue.

Iron Legion design is cool but they were so damn useless in the movie.

Well Ultron mark 1 comes from a Iron Legion so there's that.

Savitar

VF-0S is on sale @ hlj
24,360 yen
http://www.hlj.com/product/ACA82121/Sci
(you may have to shift F5 to see the sale)

this thing had never been on sale and normally goes for 300+ everywhere.

i put this in the mech/gundam threads but throwing it in here in case there's any Macross fans.

I only randomly view this thread and saw this, just ordered!

Just awake from all the excitement of ZTD and goofing off a bit:

SDF-1 freaking ordered. I wanted one since my child hood.

I only randomly view this thread and saw this, just ordered!
SDF-1 freaking ordered. I wanted one since my child hood.
congrats! good timing! they just restocked a few and now they took him off the sale.
I keep hoping they will restock Heine.
they had 3 separate openings so far. not sure if they will do another... maybe in November you might get a shot at release.

ok, a whole slew of pics coming your way, apologies in advance for the huge post:
August 2016 SHF [Ranma 1/2] Saotome

King Arts of 1/9 Diecast Iron Mark the VI

Also picked up a few of those Target exclusive DC Superhero girl figures. Focusing on the Batman characters (Harley, Ivy, Batgirl). They're cute. Definite impulse buy. Maybe I'll give them to a friends daughter eventually.

Haven't seen these in the wild yet (all local Target stores say they don't carry it on the website which is weird), but they are listed in tomorrow's flyer. Hoping to score Wonder Woman for my daughter's Easter Basket

i was looking at the NECA UD-4L Cheyenne Dropship that's coming out in april.
my friend has the Aoshima one but that crap is expensive now.

When I was a kid I had a bunch of the 1990's Aliens figures from Kenner. They had some ridiculous shit. Snake Alien, King Alien. Wild Boar Alien... Flying Queen Alien (this one was especially awesome).

When I was a kid I had a bunch of the 1990's Aliens figures from Kenner. They had some ridiculous shit. Snake Alien, King Alien. Wild Boar Alien... Flying Queen Alien (this one was especially awesome).

LOL, i need to google pics of these =D i can't picture what they would look like in my head. someone was posting the power lords figures from the 80's a page back, i don't remember those either. damn... and i thought i was really into toys back then, how did i miss all this stuff.. =D

LOL, i need to google pics of these =D i can't picture what they would look like in my head. someone was posting the power lords figures from the 80's a page back, i don't remember those either. damn... and i thought i was really into toys back then, how did i miss all this stuff.. =D

Just look on Amazon. Seems like most all of them are being sold on there for pretty cheap. Here's the Flying Queen:

I loved this one because it had a sturdy button on her back that would make her wings flap. She also has a spring-loaded talon on her foot. Only one, though.... for some reason.

damn... i thought aliens was too mature for kids, interesting how they marketed these toys for a young age group back then.

They were pretty cool, though. They all had a spring-loaded action of some sort. The King Alien had these giant pincers on his head, the Bull Alien had a neck that extended forward with a button-press, the Scorpion Alien had an......exploding torso. It was a really fun toy line.

They were pretty cool, though. They all had a spring-loaded action of some sort. The King Alien had these giant pincers on his head, the Bull Alien had a neck that extended forward with a button-press, the Scorpion Alien had an......exploding torso. It was a really fun toy line.

Wild Boar Alien, aside from the name it, looks in character
bzCXPmrt.jpg

and has a 5 star rating on amazon =P

Just look on Amazon. Seems like most all of them are being sold on there for pretty cheap. Here's the Flying Queen:

I loved this one because it had a sturdy button on her back that would make her wings flap. She also has a spring-loaded talon on her foot. Only one, though.... for some reason.

I had almost all of these toys from that series as a kid. The Power Loader with Ripley was pretty rad. I even had a few Predator toys from around the same time. There still all in my attic.

I had almost all of these toys from that series as a kid. The Power Loader with Ripley was pretty rad. I even had a few Predator toys from around the same time. There still all in my attic.

I had a ton of that stuff. The EVAC Fighter and two of those mail-in transparent Predator figures included. Great toy line.

LiK

Rubber arms, so I probably won't get her. Gamora is one of my least favorite HT figures I own and this looks to be very similar. Oh well. Was gonna get the trinity, now I'll just buy Batman stuff.

Damn, she looks good. Getting dat Gal Gadot figure

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Rubber arms, so I probably won't get her. Gamora is one of my least favorite HT figures I own and this looks to be very similar. Oh well. Was gonna get the trinity, now I'll just buy Batman stuff.

Always having trouble with the ladies

never change Haloid

jackdoe

Never a good sign when Hot Toys promo pics have a figure standing in only one, static pose with straight arms and legs. The Wonder Woman figure will probably have piss poor poseability.

Top Bottom