• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Is the basic one the only one that will be in the movie or will this one be in it also?

I think only the regular one will be in the movie.

Interestingly, I saw that Hot Toys made a regular chrome Cosbaby Amored Batman, so I wouldn't be surprised if they made a sixth-scale version eventually too (unless that's supposed to represent the regular armored Batman figure that's already up for preorder).

0305-00481-001b10.jpg

Interestingly, I saw that Hot Toys made a regular chrome Cosbaby Amored Batman, so I wouldn't be surprised if they made a sixth-scale version eventually too (unless that's supposed to represent the regular armored Batman figure that's already up for preorder).

Hot Toys really trying to appeal to that Nendoroid crowd, aren't they?

I didn't realize the new Figuarts Omegamon and Wargreymon were brand new molds. Preordered them right away after finding that out. Have the original Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon on the way to go with my old D-Arts Omegamon. Won't mind having two sets.

I just spent 2 hours fixing accessories and poses and I am not happy with a single one. Gotta leave it as it is 3am. But damn it is annoying.
Find pics on the net and emulate the poses to the best of your ability. It gets easier with practice but I would start with that.

leng jai

What's the difference in quality like between Hot Toys and Sideshow? The latter is cheaper so I'm guessing they are worse. Looking at picking up a Boba Fett figure.

Messi

What's the difference in quality like between Hot Toys and Sideshow? The latter is cheaper so I'm guessing they are worse. Looking at picking up a Boba Fett figure.

I've had two sideshow figures and the joints broke in both. Catwoman and Harley. They are a cheaper version of hot toys. I find their quality control to be suspect. I'd go with hot toys.

leng jai

I've had two sideshow figures and the joints broke in both. Catwoman and Harley. They are a cheaper version of hot toys. I find their quality control to be suspect. I'd go with hot toys.

Hmmm yeah. Was looking at the prototype white version:

star-wars---boba-fett-prototype-armor-supertrooper-sixth-scale-figur-32-cm_S100136_3.jpg

Reasonably priced at $200AUD shipped. Hot Toys are practically double the price :/

Zombine

Banned
I think the novelty of the figure is worthwhile. Just be aware of the limitations of the Sideshow line and don't tinker with it too much.

maybe buy some shelves and open them up. why are you keeping so much in boxes? i've been opening all my stuff in recent months. tossed out the packaging and it's been great.

hey, i was hoping you can post some recent pictures up of your set up so i can get an idea of how you do the your shelves. but anyways, i'll look back and dig through this thread when i get settled in later tonight.
(maybe there's a separate display thread on GAF that i haven't found.)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Diamond Select Muppets look alright but man you really can't touch the king.

I really wish Disney would find a way to get a hold of those Palisades molds and put them into reproduction. Some of the best looking Muppet merch of all time.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
If you just want a great-looking Boba Fett and don't need it be over a foot tall then the two MAFEX versions (ESB and RotJ) look pretty sweet.

Got these in today. That Starboost is my first King Arts figure and it's funny how they're basically mini Hot Toys figures. Similar shipper, packaging, and everything. Even the parts look like tiny Hot Toys parts. Pretty cool.

how's the QA compared to hot toys? they look amazing in the pictures at WonderFest 2016

how's the QA compared to hot toys? they look amazing in the pictures at WonderFest 2016

I haven't done a detailed inspection yet, but I quickly looked over the figure and I can see that the paint app isn't quite as good as Hot Toys. That's not to say that it's bad by any means, but I do notice some areas where the paint is slightly too thin/uneven or has specs of other color in it. I didn't see anything major, so no real complaints here. All in all I'd say they're a pretty good cheaper alternative to Hot Toys.

Nippon-Yassan have the Toys r Us 2 pack of SHF Cap and Iron-Man. Not sure if I want to take the plunge on it now. It's just an extra box and comic. Doesn't help when it's a mockup rather than a sample product, so it looks kinda cheap.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here own any of the four horsemen figures?
FHM10139.jpg

I own quite a few! Their figures are amazing. Picked up a couple at SDCC last year and went in hard on the Mythic Legions KS as well as the newer wave and the Forest Troll. I need to take some pics.

Got my first Figma and Nendoroid today. GameStop has marked down a bunch of their collectibles. Got Skyward Sword Link and Toon Link.

Great first two to start with! Now buy everything.

LiK

Civil War Hawkeye.

Nice touch having the ant man arrow but I don't need another Hawkeye.

His face doesn't quite look as good as the original Avengers Hawkeye. Pretty tempted with the Ant-Man accessory tho. I might just preorder on BBTS and cancel later if I change my mind.

Jamesways

Wow, dude. I remember a ton of franchises from the 80's, but I don't remember ever coming across those. Are there any more pics / info on it around?

This is a great website detailing some of the history of the old series. Always wanted to pick some of these up as a kid, and never did.
http://www.powerlordsreturn.com/?page_id=9

lords_zps1toqmeyt.jpg

Here's the original Gripptogg
ggripptogg%201_zpsyxqeqd0u.jpg

And the new one released last year. The Four Horseman are doing the whole series I believe.
review_powerlords_15_zpshdqbubqs.jpg

Even though I haven't collected action figures for a long time, I've been following this thread. There's some really nice collections here, I recently decided to get some of the Marvel Legends 6" line. I'm not going to buy a ton of figures. Just enough to decorate my book shelves. My first figure just showed up, and I took some pictures. I figure I enjoy taking pictures of my main addiction (books!) so why not?

QdSHpgP.jpg

3jVH2FR.jpg

yo8Gla5.jpg

QfrVN6Z.jpg

xPixrRp.jpg

8U6NuKn.jpg

IDcZlRf.jpg

InU0VOG.jpg

I've got a few others on the way. I'm intending to only collect figures for the characters I liked back when I collected comics. My favorites tended to be the darker characters like Morbius, Ghost Rider, etc. I had fun doing this set of pictures, so I'll probably take more as the figures arrive.

Damn, these are amazing. That lighting really the shows off the sculpt.

If only Hasbro wasn't so cheap with the paint.

You'd be willing to buy this just for the arrow?

Looks pretty cool. How does the jetpack look from the back?
Looks good, only issue with the jetpack is that it's not held into his back very securely so it gets knocked about when you're trying to pose him.

I have that Freddy Mercury pre-ordered, looking forward to it, I hope Figuarts make a David Bowie too, that'll be fantastic

yeah, SHF made it look good. i never realized they did rock stars so it was cool to see that posted =)

update: VF-0S sold out @ hlj now.... that's crazy it sold out in a day for a figure so high priced.

NEO0MJ

Just awake from all the excitement of ZTD and goofing off a bit:

I never could like the Fortresses in Macross. Only one I liked was the Macross Quarter but its fortress mode was so bad.

I might just buy the entire Civil War line. :O

You have too much money to burn :p

update: VF-0S sold out @ hlj now.... that's crazy it sold out in a day for a figure so high priced.

Kinda normal with this stuff, really.

Top Bottom