• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Messi

Not feeling that ant man at all. First version is much better. I'll wait for Secret Base photos as it is usually bad promo photoshopping. But that doesn't look like Paul Rudd.

12931230_1084472164950432_6935825993746534321_n.jpg
12961716_1084472168283765_1788430532954806230_n.jpg
12400995_1084472181617097_5477386374325427486_n.jpg
From Jin Cheol Hong's Facebook page (Chief Executive Officer at Hot toys Production Korea.Co., Painter at Hot Toys and Production Director at Hot Toys). Not familiar enough with Rudd's face to know if this is an improvement over the official shots.

SeanC

That's an impressive looking headsculpt and amazing paint job (love the hair).

It just doesn't quite look like Rudd.

Messi

Honestly may be able to get her now haha. What's the usual time table on their estimates. Like when would you say Phasma will be out?

Delays like this don't work like that for me. I start going hmmmm what figure is coming out then that I can get. Future messi always has money.

jackdoe

Speaking of Affleck, I hope that they are secretly including an unmasked face sculpt with his Hot Toys Batman figure. Otherwise, I might be forced to stick on Christian Bale's head.

dankir

I think the headsculpt just shows how impressive Hot Toys head sculpts are. I'm sure it'll refined prior to release.

Can't wait to get my Ant-Man figure, should be any day now.

Man, I really can't decide if I want to pick up Masterpiece Shockwave or just pick up Quakewave instead. I like the more cartoony aesthetic of Shockwave but the colour looks a little off and the plastic looks a little cheap. Has anybody picked Shockwave up yet?

Figuarts TMNT have die-cast parts. Not sure if that was previously known (I had no clue), but there it is. Saw a snap of die-cast legs on tamashii instagram.

Man, I really can't decide if I want to pick up Masterpiece Shockwave or just pick up Quakewave instead. I like the more cartoony aesthetic of Shockwave but the colour looks a little off and the plastic looks a little cheap. Has anybody picked Shockwave up yet?

I have them both. Shockwave is much more cartoon accurate. The color is fine in hand; maybe could be a tad darker, but the color varied a lot in the toon. The only thing I like better on quakewave is that he's built like a tank

Quakewave is slightly better for scale but I think MP Shockwave is a slightly better figure.

I have them both. Shockwave is much more cartoon accurate. The color is fine in hand; maybe could be a tad darker, but the color varied a lot in the toon. The only thing I like better on quakewave is that he's built like a tank

What's the plastic quality like? All the photos I've seen make him look cheap.

What's the plastic quality like? All the photos I've seen make him look cheap.

Yeah, that is not as good as quakewave. It's pretty thin in comparison, but not so thin that it's almost translucent or anything. I don't have any problem with it, but some do. Would have been much better if painted

One other thing that may bother is that he comes with stickers. A lot of people hate that on a masterpiece. It's pretty cool in that they give you cartoon versions of the stickers also(they're kind of a different design)

Yeah, that is not as good as quakewave. It's pretty thin in comparison, but not so thin that it's almost translucent or anything. I don't have any problem with it, but some do. Would have been much better if painted

One other thing that may bother is that he comes with stickers. A lot of people hate that on a masterpiece. It's pretty cool in that they give you cartoon versions of the stickers also(they're kind of a different design)

Yeah MP Shockwave has typical MP quality. Only issue I have is that the forward and back on the hips and the thigh swivels are a tad loose because of the die cast in the legs. Other than that no complaints at all.

Would you guys say he's worth the price?

And I don't mind the stickers personally, I put them on 3rd Party stuff anyway. And the cartoon logo is a neat touch.

And I don't mind the stickers personally, I put them on 3rd Party stuff anyway. And the cartoon logo is a neat touch.

Depends. Import price from HLJ felt about right, maybe $10 more than the sweet spot. BBTS and other US retailers prices? Eh. Maybe a little less so. Mine cost $145 shipped and if it was $135 I'd feel it was in the correct price range. He's too close to MP-10 and Magnus for a figure that isn't as big nor as good as it stands.

Kind of overpriced, but that's mostly because of the import cost of buying outside of JP. He's kind of an essential if you're really into the masterpiece line, though. I guess you could always wait to see if hasbro has a release, but it would most likely be toy based and impossible to find

Depends. Import price from HLJ felt about right, maybe $10 more than the sweet spot. BBTS and other US retailers prices? Eh. Maybe a little less so. Mine cost $145 shipped and if it was $135 I'd feel it was in the correct price range. He's too close to MP-10 and Magnus for a figure that isn't as big nor as good as it stands.

Well it's £110 on Kapow Toys and I can get Quakewave for £100 from the same place. Things just cost a little more here though so that's typical 9" MP price.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Got my March AmiAmi order in today!

VrQSFkf.png

holy freaking heck Shockwave's box is a behemoth

i never heard of this company. are they goood? the likeness seems alright.
They've done some incredible stuff but they're still some what new. They were doing statues before but now it looks like they're slowly coming into the 1/6 figure business.

They have a well known sculptor on their team as well, K.A Kim. She was with Hot Toys for a long time but left. Now she's doing stuff for Blitzway.

Top Bottom