• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
MEZ11056.jpg

Replicant

They've done some incredible stuff but they're still some what new. They were doing statues before but now it looks like they're slowly coming into the 1/6 figure business.

They have a well known sculptor on their team as well, K.A Kim. She was with Hot Toys for a long time but left. Now she's doing stuff for Blitzway.

When did she leave Hot Toys because I feel that as of late, their face sculpture has been off.

SeanC

Damn, love the Durden sculpt and style. Love the movie. Not sure if I need a figure of him though. 22 year old me who just saw and read Fight Club would have been all over it, though.

They've done some incredible stuff but they're still some what new. They were doing statues before but now it looks like they're slowly coming into the 1/6 figure business.

They have a well known sculptor on their team as well, K.A Kim. She was with Hot Toys for a long time but left. Now she's doing stuff for Blitzway.

Rocky looks awesome

LiK

ugh, Rogue One trailer means more Star Wars figures. i'll settle on Felicity. Altho if they do Donnie Yen, that would be amazing.

Is there a Black Panther in the works at Hot Toys?
They have yet to show anything but it's pretty much a guarantee that it's being worked on right now. They'll probably even do Spider-Man.

It's a big Marvel movie. Meaning we'll pretty much get the entire roster.

Captain America
Ant-Man
Falcon
Hawkeye
War Machine
Winter Soldier

All that's left is:
Diecast Mark 46
Black Widow (Rehash)
Vision (Rehash)
Black Panther
Scarlet Witch

We'll see them as the following weeks go by. Black Panther is most likely taking the longest time due to it being a completely new figure. The rest of the roster is more or less a rehash.

Maximus.

I think I am done with elite series figures! So happy that the Disney Store got a restock of these figures. Was lttp and missed out on the first few waves.

jKq0pOH.jpg

jackdoe

They have yet to show anything but it's pretty much a guarantee that it's being worked on right now. They'll probably even do Spider-Man.

It's a big Marvel movie. Meaning we'll pretty much get the entire roster.

Captain America
Ant-Man
Falcon
Hawkeye
War Machine
Winter Soldier

All that's left is:
Diecast Mark 46
Black Widow (Rehash)
Vision (Rehash)
Black Panther
Scarlet Witch

We'll see them as the following weeks go by. Black Panther is most likely taking the longest time due to it being a completely new figure. The rest of the roster is more or less a rehash.
Depending on the material they use for Black Panther's costume, he could either be crazy poseable like MoS Superman, or a largely static figure like Black Widow or Wonder Woman.

I got Ultron Prime, Shotgun, Nick Fury and Mark 45/46 on PO.
Out of that batch, I only have the Mark 45 and Superman pre-ordered. Ultron was way too expensive for a design I really didn't like.

Speak of the devil. I'm not 100% fond on the suit's material but I understand it's hard to replicate in this scale. It's a bit too much of a shiny latex right now.

My only real complaint with the figure is that it needs to be way more chromed up! The necklace and forearm pieces are looking real cheap due to them just being a dull grey.

jackdoe

Nice. They used the same material as the Superman Hot Toys. He's going to be the most poseable Hot Toys besides Iron Man and War Machine out of the Civil War line.

Nyanmaruz

YO those Panther nipples are distracting as hell...Hope HT can fix this. Also the leather looks way too tight imo.
I'm probably just going to wait for the Black Panther movie figure in the future and skipping this one.

Messi

Well this is unexpected. I don't know how to feel about panther. Why isn't the necklace chrome. Very hard figure to make I'd assume. :/

Well this is unexpected. I don't know how to feel about panther. Why isn't the necklace chrome. Very hard figure to make I'd assume. :/

I thought the same thing. I assumed that the figure would look like he does in the film. I mean, even the Panther POP vinyl got this right.

My my recent Resident Evil figure showed up the other day. Nosferatu is my first Palisades figure.

jxOutYE.jpg

uYxkmHy.jpg

peqjYVG.jpg

WP5JYYP.jpg

jUPyvUC.jpg

JRLveuq.jpg

This is a very cool figure, even if he has zero articulation. The sculpt is amazing, and the paint is gorgeous. When you get his back arm in click into place, he's about ten inches tall. Unfortunately I can't display him with it. The sculpt gives a figure a natural lean, and he becomes far too top heavy with the arm to stay up, even with the display stand. That said, he still looks awesome even without the towering appendage. Couldn't be happier with him.

These are like 500+ dollars but cool as heck.

http://www.thetoychronicle.com/news...ries-compare-synthetic-human-unboxing-review/

I guess old but I only saw their mechs at wonder fest, I didn't know they had a figure like this.

12108867_10100896513791682_8116172689631619018_n.jpg

I love my CaRb (order him when they went up on preorder) but he is not worth $500. You can get him for around $300. After I got into this hobby, I learned to start following companies' social media accounts so I can get on top of preorders when they come available.

Photoshopped all the lines that I felt should be more silver since it's the thing that was bugging me the most. Brings a huge improvement to the figure. Gives it the nice contrast that it needs instead of it all just blending together through the black and grey. Looks more accurate as well.

Hope they tweak this by release but I'll most likely touch it up myself if they don't.

Easy to do since it's just minor panel lines and pieces.

Messi

Shocked that Hot Toys Black Panther is 219.99 at sideshow. Would have bet considerable money that they would use the hype to charge 235-249

Snaku

Banned
Oh my god, my fucking wallet. X-Plus already announced a Gigantic 1954 Godzilla that's supposed to drop somewhere around the release of Shin Godzilla in theaters in a few months. Now they unveiled a Gigantic 1962 Godzilla from King Kong vs Godzilla coming next month!

I don't know how I'm going to afford two Gigantics in the span of 2-3 months.

paolo11

It's been awhile but finally put some cash together to get this guy. Mr C3PO. Really quality figure from Sideshow. Just need Leia and the Han and Chewie pack and I will have the whole gang minus Stormtrooper variants.

VPJSTiG.jpg

hdgYJka.jpg

t3HEQva.jpg

48DTBDZ.jpg

Keeping in line with the Star Wars theme, my Sideshow Biker Scout arrived today. As did Kylo Ren from Hot Toys last week. Here's some shots of the Biker Scout along with his pals. I have the Sideshow AT-AT driver on order as well. Just need to get the Sandtrooper variant and I'm feeling pretty good about my OT Imperial army collection!

Bonus picture #1 is of Kylo all posed out next to grand-daddy.

Bonus:

Finally three pictures of/most/ of the collection. I still have a bunch of stuff in storage and a few 1/4th NECA figures in my other room. Yes, I officially need more Detolfs!

Enjoy!

Nice but they charge immediately for preorder. I used my funds For Red Frame.
oh nice, i'm about to ship him and the backpack from private warehouse... just waiting for mp ratchet =)

It's been awhile but finally put some cash together to get this guy. Mr C3PO. Really quality figure from Sideshow. Just need Leia and the Han and Chewie pack and I will have the whole gang minus Stormtrooper variants.

i love how clean your detolfs look.

Hey Futurevoid, i got a new job this month that pays crazy (well the most i've ever had) and finally saved enough this month to get the HT delorean... was wondering if you passed on the fishtank or decided not to use it.
i'm thinking about getting it but might pass as well.

Hey Futurevoid, i got a new job this month that pays crazy (well the most i've ever had) and finally saved enough this month to get the HT delorean... was wondering if you passed on the fishtank or decided not to use it.
i'm thinking about getting it but might pass as well.

You can see it in the background in one of the pics I posted. I completely plan to use it but I'm waiting to get a cover and table for it for best display. I also want to print out a diorama to line it with.:) I tested the size and its a perfect fit for both the car and Marty!

You can see it in the background in one of the pics I posted. I completely plan to use it but I'm waiting to get a cover and table for it for best display. I also want to print out a diorama to line it with.:) I tested the size and its a perfect fit for both the car and Marty!

oh thanks! i didn't realize the tank didn't come with a cover. i better look at some ideas =)

Hot Toys Avengers Age of Ultron - Scarlet Witch (New Avengers Version)
1gtCHxo.jpg

BANDAI STAR WARS 1/12 KYLO REN
UoEM5xA.jpg

Top Bottom