• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/179902/

MG_7060_kaku.jpg

MG_7063_kaku.jpg

Good eyes.

Very cool collection. That Freddy Krueger Sideshow looks awesome.

What is the statue in your last picture, second shelf, second over from the left?

If I'm following you, it's from The Order 1886 and came in the CE release for the game. The "Endless Duel" statue shown below.

the-order-premium-edition.jpg

LiK

Krang is finally in stock with TFSource. Placed my order altho not sure why my name is wrong in shipping details. Shame that Shredder doesn't look like he's up for preorder at all. Still waiting for that too.

NEO0MJ

Finally three pictures of/most/ of the collection. I still have a bunch of stuff in storage and a few 1/4th NECA figures in my other room. Yes, I officially need more Detolfs!

Enjoy!

Nice collection! Jealous especially of that Gypsy Danger. Not a fan of statues but if they ever make a Cherno Alpha I might bite.

Also like that Ganondorf but I don't collect meatbags organic-based characters, only machines of steels, brought to life by gears, gyros, and fuse.

Absol

Welp. An impulse buy a week ago of three NXEdge figures led to an impulse buy of Jehuty w/ Vector which led to another impulse buy of Kshatriya then finally Gunbuster. I think I'm broke.

Gunbuster is my first Soul of Chogokin. Transforming her was a blast.

Welp. An impulse buy a week ago of three NXEdge figures led to an impulse buy of Jehuty w/ Vector which led to another impulse buy of Kshatriya then finally Gunbuster. I think I'm broke.

Gunbuster is my first Soul of Chogokin. Transforming her was a blast.

Would you say it's worth the money? I've been mulling over getting one.

Absol

Would you say it's worth the money? I've been mulling over getting one.

Yes! Can't say I have buyers remorse after playing around with it. Gunbuster just looks beautiful. Would probably get another one in the future so I can have two displays one with a fully transformed Gunbuster and the other for just the buster machines.

Zombine

Banned
So are some of the SH Figuarts toys models and not figures??? I was always curious about this. They're the same height and everything?

Whoops, totally misread that.

Will get! He won't to as fast as Luke did.

Tom_Cody

So are some of the SH Figuarts toys models and not figures??? I was always curious about this. They're the same height and everything?

Whoops, totally misread that.

Will get! He won't to as fast as Luke did.
It looks like you figured out your own confusion, but yes, they are all figures and they are all to the same scale.

Notice that Phasma is appropriately taller than Obi-Wan.

Any GAFers on the production/wholesale/distribution side?
Or anyone passionate about toy design/production as a freelancer or as a hobby?

I started working at one of the largest distributors in Europe last year. My dream is to eventually get into design/production and start something with likeminded people. I want to connect with others who are in the industry and/or have the same ambition.

I mostly collect older figures, for example growing up...I had all the Kenner Aliens. Sorry about the photo quality as well in advance. But here is a small collection of the figures that I have.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Any GAFers on the production/wholesale/distribution side?
Or anyone passionate about toy design/production as a freelancer or as a hobby?

I started working at one of the largest distributors in Europe last year. My dream is to eventually get into design/production and start something with likeminded people. I want to connect with others who are in the industry and/or have the same ambition.

I have absolutely no interest in working for a toy company, but I'm learning Fusion 360 CAD/CAM because I have some fan projects that I want to solo build and sell.

Zombine

Banned
It looks like you figured out your own confusion, but yes, they are all figures and they are all to the same scale.

Notice that Phasma is appropriately taller than Obi-Wan.

It's been a very long week.

I exclusively collect the SH Figuarts Star Wars line, but I did notice that Bandai puts out Star Wars figure model kits and I wondered how they compare in quality to the SH line.

In regards to Boba...we are still missing a BUNCH of SH Figuarts Star Wars figures including Episode II Obi Wan, R2, C-3PO, General Grievous, Chewie, and Han.
Not to mention those stupid Tamashii Nations exclusives like Baton First Order Storm Trooper and Heavy Storm Trooper.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
In regards to Boba...we are still missing a BUNCH of SH Figuarts Star Wars figures including Episode II Obi Wan, R2, C-3PO, General Grievous, Chewie, and Han.
Not to mention those stupid Tamashii Nations exclusives like Baton First Order Storm Trooper and Heavy Storm Trooper.

Medicom has two amazing Boba Fetts coming out.
The Bandai First Order Stormtrooper kit comes with the riot control gear and sells for $22-24 shipped on Amazon. The shield has a clear, smoked window in it and the baton is articulated.
Bandai has an R2. Bandai has a C-3PO. This is mine unpainted.

Well, I finally decided to take the plunge into Hot Toys. There's only a couple more that I want, so my wallet won't suffer that badly. Just a little. It'll get better. Eventually. Anyway, my first Hot Toy arrived. Her name is Alice. She worked for the Umbrella Corporation, the largest and most powerful commercial entity in the world.

JPJRR0v.jpg

1NzpVl9.jpg

NOCZCHQ.jpg

FINEfbW.jpg

396CLRM.jpg

bnTj8dE.jpg

Needless to say, I'm extremely happy with the figure. The likeness to Milla Jovovich is great. She's extremely articulate and comes with a ton of accessories. She's capable of lots of "action hero" type posses. Very cool figure that looks amazing on display.

I mostly collect older figures, for example growing up...I had all the Kenner Aliens. Sorry about the photo quality as well in advance. But here is a small collection of the figures that I have.

I was always "meh" on the human/marines figures, but the Predator and Aliens by Kenner figures are some of my favorite figures.
The designs of the Aliens in particular are so damn cool and I love the use of colors + clear plastics like on the winged Alien.
I also love this baby, even prefer it over the Neca remake:
Pinnacle of a cool 90's AF.
Still mindblowing how these adult franchises had a kids AF line.
Sometimes I'm thinking of grabbing a few on E-bay.

dankir

Battle Damage cap just has a scratched shield?? Doesn't even have the facesculpt?

12994366_1016732528401280_8609553770380751080_n.jpg

12961649_1016732508401282_7197216031848073022_n.jpg

Will get the 2nd AoU Scarlett Witch figure for sure.

So, they're finally making human Jurassic World action figures.. this is just hitting stores now, so I snapped some pics:

nlgJ5vk.jpg

Owen is slightly larger than the JP3 Alan Grant, and larger than Finn from The Force Awakens. However, he's still smaller than the Kenner Jurassic Park figures. I'll be honest, he looks more like Chris Pratt than any other Jurassic toy looks like their actor. It's a nice figure set, and a big jump in quality over the 2015 JW toys.

Top Bottom