• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Finally got my two week notice for my Princess Leia Hot Toy. Think I'm gonna display her with Vader and a Stormtrooper at first. Either the Vader point or Vader hand on shoulder. Do that until I get Han and Chewie.

Now this is fantastic:

Officially licensed The Lost World: Jurassic Park™ Stegosaurus by Chronicle

Molded from the Stan Winston original maquette, the Stegosaurus measures a huge 31″ long, 15″ tall and 10.5″ wide and was hand painted to closely match the iconic look seen in the movie. Also included is a custom designed museum quality base, featuring a dry riverbed look which has her footprints inset in the sand - the Stegosaurus is separate and can be displayed off of the base as well. The base measures 14″ x 10.5″ x 2″.

Pre-orders for the The Lost World Jurassic Park Stegosaurus Maquette opened on Friday April the 15th at 5PM CST at ChronicleCollectibles.com. The initial retail price is $500 for the first 30 days of pre-orders, and afterwards it goes up to the regular price of $550. Each piece is hand numbered with a Certificate of Authenticity. Edition size is currently TBD.

nnFd7BA.jpg
6SXfiSP.jpg

If you're even moderately interested, please help spread the word. Chronicle is a smaller company and doesn't have the following like Sideshow, but their quality is top and the better this does the more Jurassic stuff we get (and better prices can become)

Replicant

Amazing, I am waiting for the poor man's version of it (super robot chogokin) the prototype was shown like 3 years ago only to vanish and never be seen again.

Is this what you're referring to?

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B002BRUGCC/

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002BRUGCC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

They're actually pretty good. Not at those prices though. I got it for about $180 last year. AmiAmi's listing showed that the original price was around $130 (or $100 with AmiAmi discount):

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...=Big+O+chogokin$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

They'll likely re-release it again. Most Chogokin figures tend to get re-release, even the most obscure ones like Voltes V.

Replicant

No, when I say poor's man version I mean it, I am talking about the Super Robot Chogokin line which is even smaller and retails for about 80 bucks. Bandai showed a Big-O prototype for this line like 3 years ago, I am still waiting for it.

I'm kind of curious but at some point in this hobby I have to say "enough is enough" when it comes to buying things I already have. I'm glad I'm not into Iron Man, for example. Because God Knows there are multitude version of him and his N-th suits even in Japan, for example.

NEO0MJ

Yeah, the texture is impressive. It definitely makes my Chogokin version of BIg O looks like plastic toy in comparison (it's still quite good on its own though).

I wish I didn't buy my SOC version now, but I lost hope in Max Factory ever releasing their version of the mecha. It was in development for so long.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The Sentinel Mega Man figures are up on AmiAmi for 3700 Yen each! They release in August.

Mega Man
MegaMan.EXE

ZQXno0b.jpg

yvTbqfc.jpg

Don't forget the cool upcoming figures too! I need that Cut Man badly.

r3J7aLd.png

dankir

I'm skipping the 45 in favor of that looks fantastic. It's gonna be pushing $400 though isn't it.

The Mark 45 Diecast is 354 USD, this one has a new mold, I believe 15 - 20 LEDs so there's going to be extra engineering there, I wouldn't be surprised its 379.99 or something.

Mark 43 Diecast is 344 on bbts. So yeah this'll be more expensive.

Gotta say they really did a clean job on this.

Proportions, articulation and the lack of shoulder gap. Everything just looks spot on. It doesn't have that awkward look that some of the previous figures like the 1/6 Mark 42/43 had. Kudos to them for adding all of these subtle fixes to the 1/6 line. They even added double jointed elbows.

curb

Banned
I've been hanging out in this thread since it started but haven't posted a whole lot since I don't buy a lot of figures (I'm still holding strong on not buying any Hot Toys figures).. I added a few smaller things to my desk collection so I thought I'd share.

Picked up a Secret Wars Minimates set with Captain Marvel and Lady Thor, 3.75" Captain Marvel, 3.75" Star Wars Black Series Rey
which I accessorized myself
and my Black Series Ahsoka came in last week. I'm pretty happy except for running out of desk space.

I don't collect Marvel Hot Toys but I'm always impressed by Iron Man figures. His design lends itself to blending the articulation well.

dankir

Nice evolution of the Mark 45. Sure there's going to be lots of variants of this Mark 46 armor. I haven't seen Civil War yet, so don't tell me if the movie will answer that :)

13041040_935854333202222_9087957061743419153_o.jpg

Don't forget that the new armor will probably have 15 - 25 LEDs like the movie artwork

2-cw-iron-man-4x6.jpg

RDJ might be in the new Spider Man film right? If he isn't then we probably not getting too many new armors until Infinity War. Hot Toys must have plans to keep us Iron Man fans happy :

Don't forget that the new armor will probably have 15 - 25 LEDs like the movie artwork

2-cw-iron-man-4x6.jpg

RDJ might be in the new Spider Man film right? If he isn't then we probably not getting too many new armors until Infinity War. Hot Toys must have plans to keep us Iron Man fans happy :
- 28 LED light-up points throughout parts of the armor (white light, battery operated)

We'll probably get a 1/4 version and a BD version since this one is so clean.

Replicant

- 28 LED light-up points throughout parts of the armor (white light, battery operated)

We'll probably get a 1/4 version and a BD version since this one is so clean.

I don't think that is the case. I think this is the Battle Damage version:

See the scuff marks on the left shoulder of the 2nd image?

I'm always...torn when it comes to battle damage figures....on the one hand, it looks cool. On the other hand, it looks like it's rusting...X(

jackdoe

I said I was done with Marvel Hot Toys after I bought and pre-ordered practically the entire Age of Ultron Line (including that uber expensive Hulkbuster). And I said I was done with Hot Toys figures in general after pre-ordering four figures from the Force Awakens and two figures from the Batman v Superman line. But that Mark 46 has me really tempted to jump into the Civil War line and get the Cap, Bucky, and Iron Man figures. If I end up absolutely loving the movie, I think I'll break and buy the figures.

Messi

Wait...why is the Civil War Scarlet Witch waitlisted on sideshow???

Please tell me I didn't miss out preordering her and she sold out :(

Wait...why is the Civil War Scarlet Witch waitlisted on sideshow???

Please tell me I didn't miss out preordering her and she sold out :(
That's not the Civil War Scarlet Witch.

It's the 1 second version we saw of her at the end of Age of Ultron and they sold her as a "movie promo edition" a couple of days ago. Basically just means it's a limited number release.

You didn't miss out on the Civil War version. They'll announce her down the road most likely.

Comparison of the two versions below

I don't understand what this means. I thought it was just a regular figure :( fuck.

I really wanted it.
That's not Civil War Scarlet Witch, that's her outfit from the final scene of Age of Ultron.
Her Civil War outfit is different and presumably will get it's own figure.

Edit: oops too slow

Messi

That's not the Civil War Scarlet Witch.

It's the 1 second version we saw of her at the end of Age of Ultron and they sold her as a "movie promo edition" a couple of days ago. Basically just means it's a limited number release.

You didn't miss out on the Civil War version. They'll announce her down the road most likely.

Comparison of the two versions below

That's not Civil War Scarlet Witch, that's her outfit from the final scene of Age of Ultron.
Her Civil War outfit is different and presumably will get it's own figure.

Edit: oops too slow

Oh thank fuck. How did I not notice the costumes were different. I just assumed the one from the end of Age Of Ultron was the same. Why give her another costume for like 30 seconds.

I see it sold out in hours too.

Thanks guys

Welp, after years of sitting on the side lines and being tempted I am finally jumping on the Hot Toys train.

Ordered a 1/6th Briareos and New Hope Luke and I have the ROTJ Boba on pre-order. Sorely tempted to put together a full EP4 crew with all the upcoming New Hope figures, just don't know if I want to spend all that money.

Top Bottom