• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Aio4dsPh.jpg

WcgA1m3h.jpg

Blitzway 1/6 Ghostbusters Figures
mTxF3VNh.jpg

taoofjord

I've become too predictable!

But yeah, space and cost for figures is a very important thing for me now since I need to think about what works with what I have and not just impulse buy. I've bought many figures in the past only to not care in the end or have nowhere to put them so I find it hard to justify spending a lot of money on something that I kinda have an on/off relationship with... despite being the OP of this thread. I have a great appreciation for figures but I scarcely buy 'em anymore.

I am not worthy.

Come OT2, I pass Action Figure GAF Mjolnir to you.

For me, I just re-evaluate my collection and sell the stuff that doesn't make me really happy. Once they're outta there it's back to buying new stuff :)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

That new Rohan is so barebones for the price (6,790 Yen on AmiAmi), even if it's a new sculpt of his other Part 4 outfit. I guess they assume you already own one of the originals to not even throw in Heaven's Door or any of the accessories. It does say "optional parts" so maybe they'll add some stuff in before the release.

On another note, I got Koichi with Echoes Act I and Soft & Wet in my June AmiAmi and forgot to post the pics here
I was too excited to take S&W pics, I'll have to take some when I get Gappy
:

JoJo Super Action Statues are heaven

Also snagged a really sweet Pokken Tournament GANGAR Gengar and it's quickly becoming one of my favorite things ever. I love his reappearing-from-the-shadows translucent goodness!

GANGAR

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The Allfather-wave Thor I have is huge, too. He's a hair over 7 3/8" not counting the helmet wings and 7 3/4" with. With his arms straight down at his sides he's about 3 3/4" wide.

Cptkrush

The Allfather-wave Thor I have is huge, too. He's a hair over 7 3/8" not counting the helmet wings and 7 3/4" with. With his arms straight down at his sides he's about 3 3/4" wide.

I wish his articulation was a lot better, but he sure is massive.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I wish his articulation was a lot better, but he sure is massive.

You can force his legs past the parts of his shirt that are hanging down and they'll lock that way, but his elbows are a lost cause. He has weird shoulders that only work correctly if you rotate them a certain way like the Black Series farmboy Luke.
He has nice ab crunch that's mostly useless because his head articulation is terrible.

The Terrax and Allfather wave Thors share the same huge body. They changed out the arms for thinner ones and gave him a slightly revised head sculpt. I was going back and forth between the two. I opted for the Terrax wave one because I liked his head sculpt a bit better. He doesn't look as old. But yeah. He looks insanely huge. Especially since I have him next to pizza Spiderman.

Also, I think I need that Sideshow Lobo.

TAJ

They're both beautiful figures.
The sword that the newer one comes with is badass and doesn't suffer from floppy accessory syndrome at all, which is shocking.

dankir

I am terrified of Hot Toys Harley selling out in minutes. Joker to a lesser extent.

Yeah a few years ago that would be the case, but not anymore. Hot toys is so big now, I'm not going to be pre-ordering that much and just buy them when they release. If the figure is really sought after, then maybe I will to be safe. But even rare figures come back down to regular prices after the initial launch hype is gone.

If they're smart they'll only include one outfit per figure since people love Harley so much.

If suicide squad does well there will be multiple figures for sure, definitely that prison outfit she's wearing in the trailers.

Top Bottom