• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

cmzeTV0.jpg

Superman vs. Muhammad Ali, coming from NECA in October.

Trickster

How do Sideshows premium format figures normal measure up to the prototypes they display on their website?

Also, any europeans in here that have experience buying Sideshows premium format figures? Is it consider a must to pre-order from Sideshows own website to ensure being able to get a figure you want. Or can you wait for the figure to release and see what the EU based retailers sell them for?

How do Sideshows premium format figures normal measure up to the prototypes they display on their website?

It varies from one piece to the next, really. Some turn out really well, others not so much. Their PF's used to be a lot cheaper, too. And as their prices rose, their QC seems to have gotten spotty.

NEO0MJ

Gonna follow up on taoofjord's with my own top figures:

1-Max Factory Goddanar: Just a beautiful looking piece of work. I love that red.
2-Bellerophon: Even though it's new this thing rose my list so fast.
3-Ex Gokin Getter 3: Even thoughthe others might look better in stills this is the most fun Fewture to play with. Holds itself better than the others thanks to its simple gimmicks.
4-EX Gokin Black Getter: It's below Getter 3 because it's not as stable, though it's still better than the other two I have when it comes to balance.
5-SOC Houraioh: It started out as the one I only intended to buy to complete the set but then became my fave.

That's it for now :)

she knows the way to my heart im fucking amazed by what she got thinking imma need to go ikea on pay day and get another display my animated series just bulked uped

Even though I don't collect Bat stuff I want that Batmobile. Always was my favorite. Pics please!

Finally! Going to burn a hole in my wallet but I'm picking up all 3! Shame we're not getting a Part 1 Doc but at this point I can't complain.

“Roads? Where we going we don’t need roads.”

We know you’ve been waiting for them and they are almost here! Remember to come visit us at booth #1929 to meet Doc and Marty in person!

Hot Toys @ San Diego Comic-Con
Event Date: July 21 – 24 (Preview Night: July 20)
Venue: San Diego Convention Center
Booth No: #1929

13692769_10153656582032344_1765856253077853540_o.jpg

New Spidey Legends wave coming Thursday. Really only super excited for the BAF Space Venom, but it's not a bad wave overall.

HT Joker teaser:

Hot-Toys-Suicide-Squad-Joker-Teaser.jpg

SeanC

Oh shit, a Back to the Future II Marty? I'm down, that outfit is just great. The jacket. The shoes and inside-out jeans. The hat and sunglasses and you know that it'll come with a hoverboard and sports alamanac.

That might actually be my third Hot Toys, assuming the face is good. I was sticking with just Star Wars but it'll be an exception.

SeanC

More importantly: There's gonna be a Doc Brown Hot Toys figure! About time.

Good point.

Occurred to me I was thinking of Doc's silver sunglasses, not Marty's. Marty's son in the future wears weird glasses though.

I feel like Doc's accessories might be more limited. But that would be a cool duo to get.

Fury451

Banned
So, do you guys think we will ever see any MGSV figures by HT? Game is about to be 1 year old and we didn't even get a teaser.

Would like to see that. Didn't pick up the MGS3 ones because I wasn't too impressed with the outfit choice for Snake or the sculpt for Boss, so a Venom Snake would be great.

I thought they were out of the videogame figures business, until those RE6 figures were announced at least. Now it's at least possible.

Wonfes next Sunday, Hope we get some good stuff from there, personally all I want is to get an official release from Figma's God Hand, they have been like for a 100 years in the making.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
*nothing because everything in the OT outside the banner is mine.

*Anyone can write some descriptions with logos, I make actual OTs
**Let's both take over and make this into Mythic Legions GAF

Wonfes next Sunday, Hope we get some good stuff from there, personally all I want is to get an official release from Figma's God Hand, they have been like for a 100 years in the making.

I love WonFes! So much potential for tons of crazy good reveals. I'm hoping for a minimum of Figuarts All Might and some more TMNT Figuarts like Shredder.

As long as we don't let Diggeh have it.

u5Js289.gif

Million to one shot but if GSC announce a Figma Genji I would lose my shit.

Also we need a Nendroid Gremlin D.Va

I love WonFes! So much potential for tons of crazy good reveals. I'm hoping for a minimum of Figuarts All Might and some more TMNT Figuarts like Shredder.

8gHkvsm.gif

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

dankir

0 Hot Toys! I sold him at double what I paid ;)

(I had no space and it felt like a waste to keep it in a box tucked away in a corner)

And you created this thread? Get outta here j/k lol.

Oh shit, a Back to the Future II Marty? I'm down, that outfit is just great. The jacket. The shoes and inside-out jeans. The hat and sunglasses and you know that it'll come with a hoverboard and sports alamanac.

That might actually be my third Hot Toys, assuming the face is good. I was sticking with just Star Wars but it'll be an exception.

Only 2?? Oh man just wait, one day you're just going to snap and there you go, 80 figures.

Preorders for Mythic Legions Wave 1.75, Covenent of Shadow, will be going live tonight at at 12:01am EST (9:01 PM PST) on the Store Horsemen website. This is the time for Action Figure GAF to join in on the glorious life of Four Horsemen figures!

All-In Set of 8
Baron Volligar The Black Knight
Gorthokk the Shadow Orc
Torionn the Shadow Minotaur
Haloid Scaphoid the Poison Skeleton
Cador the Barbarian Knight
Silverhorn Sentry
Deluxe Knight Builder Set
Templar Knight Legion Builder

2Ev12Fy.png

I was really interested in getting into Mythic Legions. The figures I wanted were crazy expensive in the after market, though. Like $60 - $100 each for them. I started doing the math, and it was just too terrifying for me.

Fjordson

Preorders for Mythic Legions Wave 1.75, Covenent of Shadow, will be going live tonight at at 12:01am EST (9:01 PM PST) on the Store Horsemen website. This is the time for Action Figure GAF to join in on the glorious life of Four Horsemen figures!

All-In Set of 8
Baron Volligar The Black Knight
Gorthokk the Shadow Orc
Torionn the Shadow Minotaur
Haloid Scaphoid the Poison Skeleton
Cador the Barbarian Knight
Silverhorn Sentry
Deluxe Knight Builder Set
Templar Knight Legion Builder

2Ev12Fy.png
This is probably a dumb question, but who exactly are these characters? They look cool.

Top Bottom