• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Simo

Hot Toys SS Joker!
13697192_1763722633865319_7263698487325469518_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIGQlieAtxD/

Oh damn, they're also doing figures for his "crew" too? lol

TFA Luke as well:
13782280_1763722627198653_8044302077037037126_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIGQvJAgwJ2/?taken-by=eyeofuatu

Messi

I feel like it's a movie spoiler :/ Wouldn't be the first time. Pop figures spoiled Ant Man's giant form for me, before seeing Civil War.

This is the risk us figure gaffers take.

Deadshot has an alt head with the mask . none shown for Harley not smiling or something. Bit worried.

Simo

Another look at Luke:
13743425_707325129405245_1198143038_n.jpg

They've got a ton of OT Star Wars figures on display plus the 1/4 scale Vader. Looks like they've got a TIE Interceptor coming too..

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Yikes, those Ghostbusters figs aren't so hot. They don't even have the yellow tube going form their left thigh to the back of their belts.

And FUCK! 3 Hot Toy Jokers?!?! Why you doing this to me!?!? Guess that'll mean one Joker for each Batman (Regular, Power Armor, Knightmare).

Hagi

I'm wary about getting Luke because we'll undoubtedly get something more substantial for the next film so I think I'm going to wait it out. Still no fucking Poe though! what the hell we should have got him way before Luke.

LiK

I'm wary about getting Luke because we'll undoubtedly get something more substantial for the next film so I think I'm going to wait it out. Still no fucking Poe though! what the hell we should have got him way before Luke.

i wonder if they're having issues with the face. that's my only guess.

The knee joints in Harley looks terrible. Odd that they didn't go for seamless when it's only covered by fishnets. Overall the SS display is really impressive.

There is zero indication that we will ever get him. For all we know they don't have the rights to his likeness.

jackdoe

There's a very good chance that they'll repackage this version of Luke with a couple of new accessories for the Episode VIII release (much like what they're doing with Vision; his AoU version is pretty much his Civl War version). So I don't think it's too much of a risk, assuming they actually give him a lightsaber. But I will laugh my ass off if it doesn't.

The knee joints in Harley looks terrible. Odd that they didn't go for seamless when it's only covered by fishnets. Overall the SS display is really impressive.
Seamless means rubber cover, which means headaches when the figure is less poseable AND the rubber cracks.

I don't see a lot of crazy poses being done with the sculpt that's on her. Especially since her eyes are looking to her far left. Doesn't have to be rubber but they stick out the way they are right now. Only nitpick I have with her. She looks incredible otherwise and probably their best female sculpt to date aside from Leia.

OslyLrb.png

JLynn

Apparently preorders for the SOC Voltron already went up a closed? What?!

When a figure people all over the world waited over a decade for becomes available, things like that happens.

Which means SOC Dairugger XV this time next year.

jackdoe

Ahh thats what I thought.

Now that we got a better look at Luke...I really dig it. I think I'm going to have to bite and get Han and Luke. I'd get the Resistance Rey but I still don't dig the head sculpt. :(
The only way I'd buy this version of Luke is if he actually comes with a lightsaber. And there's a decent chance he doesn't.

Simo

To be fair rumors indicate he changes costumes in VIII so we might not see this look with a lightsaber.

Well if Episode VIII picks up right where TFA ends then the figure and costume still becomes relevant and for all we know Hot Toys might throw in a hilt or something...

...I doubt it though when they can charge another $200+ for the same figure with a different robe and accessory. lol

Top Bottom