• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Cptkrush

Do Mattel DC figures have ankle pivot yet? I ask because the icons line is super tiny right now, probably with a scale adjustment coming down the road, and some of those figures will probably never hit the icon line. But I don't want to pay the icons price for something with shitty articulation.

Do Mattel DC figures have ankle pivot yet? I ask because the icons line is super tiny right now, probably with a scale adjustment coming down the road, and some of those figures will probably never hit the icon line. But I don't want to pay the icons price for something with shitty articulation.

Not so far. It doesn't bother me, but I know a lot of people want it added. Maybe someday...

Anyway, here's a Batcave playset for 6-inch figures. Looks huge.
8KSkAjJ.jpg

Edit: Better pics of the new DC Multiverse figures.

SeanC

Damn, NECA getting the Turtles license was a great thing. Might actually get me those if the price is right. NECA usually isn't too bad on that point.

JLynn

Holy crap!! Mondo's 1/6 TAS Batman and Masters of the Universe!!

I'm seeing JOINTS on He-Man and Skeletor! How in the heck did they get Mattel's OK on that!?

Oh, SHFiguarts Classic Shredder CONFIRMED!

462719.jpg

It looks like the mask is removable!

And Tamashii Buddies Lord Zedd (Red and Pink Rangers were confirmed)

463035.jpg

Drayco21

New Marvel Legends revealed.

Another really good Spidey wave, hyped for new symbiote Spidey, Spidey 2099, and Goblin.

MCU Strange looks fantastic; Baron Mordo seems really boring in comparison.

The Spidey wave looks like a real winner again- Norman, Kamala and Jackal look great, and a Symbiote Spidey and Spider-UK for the Spider-Army shelf will be rad too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
14689997118282xso9.jpg

also Sylvannas, Raynor and a mold of Thrall from NECA's HEroes of the Storm are there too. NECA always has surprisingly good quality. Like not as good as your higher end stuff but close enough that you're kind of surprised considering the price point.

JLynn

Did I see a Flash Gordon sign behind the Chronicle Conan figures? Are we getting a 16th scale hero who will save every one of us?

olympia

14689997118282xso9.jpg

also Sylvannas, Raynor and a mold of Thrall from NECA's HEroes of the Storm are there too. NECA always has surprisingly good quality. Like not as good as your higher end stuff but close enough that you're kind of surprised considering the price point.

holy fuck NEED!

and those turtles figures look fucking amazing!

Fjordson

14689997118282xso9.jpg

Will buy those Heroes of the Storm figs for sure. NECA does great work. Really loved their Illidan and Arthas figs.

LiK

Wait a second, how can a 1/4th figure only be 100? The 1/6 Hot Toys are 250.

NECA figures are mainly just all plastic (no cloth etc) and uses cheaper materials. They're more like toys you play with rather than being collectibles, if that makes sense.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
NECA figures are mainly just all plastic (no cloth etc) and uses cheaper materials. They're more like toys you play with rather than being collectibles, if that makes sense.
Ah ok. I've never bought a NECA figure before. Just looked at BBTS and they only have Donny for presale and he's sold out.

JLynn

SH Figuarts Triple H announced.

sdcc64a.jpg

AKA Mattel ain't got nothing to worry about.

SH Figuarts Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man.

sdcc04.jpg

sdcc68.jpg

Wanderer5

So much stuff, but thankfully nothing really screams me want, the closest being some the lego sets of the upcoming lego batman movie maybe.

One of these days I am going to check the bishoujo line in regards to the superheroes through.XD

Fjordson

They are likely nowhere near as poseable and with very few, if any, accessories.
I dunno, some Hot Toys aren't very poseable in my experience. NECA has pretty good articulation in their larger figs.

I think the only differences are materials (NECA stuff is usually just plastic) and the sculpting. Hot Toys are incredible realistic with face sculpts. But imo for the price, NECA is tough to beat. Like this Batman fig was $100

Solid articulation, great detail, awesome softgoods cape. One of the cooler pieces I own.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Wait a second, how can a 1/4th figure only be 100? The 1/6 Hot Toys are 250.

A little less than six years ago Neca sold a 1/4 T-800 Endoskeleton for $40.

Simo

I dunno, some Hot Toys aren't very poseable in my experience. NECA has pretty good articulation in their larger figs.

I think the only differences are materials (NECA stuff is usually just plastic) and the sculpting. Hot Toys are incredible realistic with face sculpts. But imo for the price, NECA is tough to beat. Like this Batman fig was $100

Solid articulation, great detail, awesome softgoods cape. One of the cooler pieces I own.

Hot Toys quality is just something else, it's the use of real materials for the outfits and the head sculpts like you said that elevate them to where they are now. The main problem is that with Sideshow being the exclusive distributor for Hot Toys, they're the one dictating the pricing outside of Hong Kong which is why the price of figures are all over the place and increasingly frustrating.

NECA is a top company all around though. I own a lot of the 6" stuff from Kratos to TCM, Halloween etc. The stuff they've been doing with the Megos and Alien/Predator line is insane. That said, their 1/4 is mostly superb but their Batfleck could do with a lot more work...lol
SDCC-2016-NECA-Quarter-Scale-026.jpg

EDIT: I noticed on some of Hot Toys display plates some of the release dates. So if this stands for the US it looks like Finn/Trooper next month, Wonder Woman and Batman in September, Han Solo in November.

Top Bottom