• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Holy crap! Was not ready for the amount of wants coming out of SDCC preview news, yikes!

PCS Street Fighter figures (still kinda want Storm, kinda), SHF Shredder, FFVII Remake Cloud and Sephiroth looking HOT, Dissidia Squall, OrgXIII Roxas, NECA TMNT movie (will pass but they def look good).

I am not ready for this. On the plus side, it could mean I sell off my SOTA SF and replace with the PCS figs, possibly!

(And that LEGO Disney Castle later on....)

Wanderer5

Nathan Drake nendo

tumblr_oanfp8S18B1qzdctco1_500.jpg

Also hi Deadpool

God quite a bit of nendo news at SDCC and there still Wonfes around the corner.D:

Fjordson

Hot Toys quality is just something else, it's the use of real materials for the outfits and the head sculpts like you said that elevate them to where they are now. The main problem is that with Sideshow being the exclusive distributor for Hot Toys, they're the one dictating the pricing outside of Hong Kong which is why the price of figures are all over the place and increasingly frustrating.

NECA is a top company all around though. I own a lot of the 6" stuff from Kratos to TCM, Halloween etc. The stuff they've been doing with the Megos and Alien/Predator line is insane. That said, their 1/4 is mostly superb but their Batfleck could do with a lot more work...lol
SDCC-2016-NECA-Quarter-Scale-026.jpg

EDIT: I noticed on some of Hot Toys display plates some of the release dates. So if this stands for the US it looks like Finn/Trooper next month, Wonder Woman and Batman in September, Han Solo in November.
Haha, I was disappointed with their Battfleck for sure. The 1/4 scale figs they did for the Arkham series are much better imo.

And yeah, I definitely respect Hot Toys. They're (usually) worth the money, but I do love the value you get from someone like NECA.

NECA is going to unveil their Kenner series of Alien figures tomorrow. They've posted some preview pics on their Twitter account.

cuCIKQ5.jpg

wEW57Gq.jpg

Hyped for these. Excited to see the rest. I wanted some different looking Alien figures. Looks like NECA is set to deliver.

NECA is going to unveil their Kenner series of Alien figures tomorrow. They've posted some preview pics on their Twitter account.

Hyped for these. Excited to see the rest. I wanted some different looking Alien figures. Looks like NECA is set to deliver.

I would just like to say AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I've been missing my originals from when I was a kid. Can't wait. How many are they going to be doing? I had so many of those things. The original Gorilla Alien and Mantis Alien included. Do you remember the EVAC Fighter?

I would just like to say AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I've been missing my originals from when I was a kid. Can't wait. How many are they going to be doing? I had so many of those things. The original Gorilla Alien and Mantis Alien included. Do you remember the EVAC Fighter?

Unfortunately I never had any of the old school figures when I was a kid. Usually NECA puts out three or four figures in a series. I hope they do four, so they can do one Alien from each Kenner series. I imagine they'll treat this like the Predator Kenner series and keep it rolling unless sales dictate otherwise.

Unfortunately I never had any of the old school figures when I was a kid. Usually NECA puts out three or four figures in a series. I hope they do four, so they can do one Alien from each Kenner series. I imagine they'll treat this like the Predator Kenner series and keep it rolling unless sales dictate otherwise.

Will these have the same actions as the older ones? A lot of the old Kenner figures were spring-loaded. The Scorpion Alien had an exploding torso. XD

Will these have the same actions as the older ones? A lot of the old Kenner figures were spring-loaded. The Scorpion Alien had an exploding torso. XD

I doubt it. The Kenner Predator figures had a lot of action features, but NECA didn't translate them for their new figures. They did retain the glow in the dark and transparency stuff, though.

SH Figuarts Triple H announced.

sdcc64a.jpg

AKA Mattel ain't got nothing to worry about.
LOL of course Triple H is next, even in toy form he has to put himself over :p

Also what do you think the chances are of a Figuarts Nakamura? He's big in Japan and this is a Japanese line so it makes sense.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
So I finally get a shipping notice for a Figuarts Star Wars figure from an import shop for the first time after missing several preorders that closed almost instantly and getting orders cancelled because they oversold their preorders and then... the price on Amazon plummets and now it's somehow cheaper on Amazon.
Life is funny sometimes.
Farmboy Luke, btw. Feels good to get it at a not-extortionate price at least. It and RotJ Luke are the only ones I cared about. I tried hard for Phasma but I'm glad I didn't get it because it's way too small and there are better options now.

Messi

I just realized what Hot Toys are going to do with Harley. The alt costumes will have unique heads forcing you to buy them if you want different looks. Genius. They are doing it with Joker already.

JLynn

LOL of course Triple H is next, even in toy form he has to put himself over :p

Also what do you think the chances are of a Figuarts Nakamura? He's big in Japan and this is a Japanese line so it makes sense.

The SH Figuarts WWE line focuses on the legends (80's-90's), and not the current era. I do know for certain Nakamura did the laser scans for Mattel at Takeover Dallas so the Mattel version will be released first quarter 2017.

Texture is even amazing on these wow. Click pic for super large image
Code:
[IMG]http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/07/SDCC-2016-NECA-Quarter-Scale-006.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/07/SDCC-2016-NECA-Quarter-Scale-008.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/07/SDCC-2016-NECA-Quarter-Scale-001.jpg[/IMG]

Drayco21

Looks like we're getting a Marvel Legends Defenders wave, starting with Punisher and Jessica Jones:

These sculpts look really good; I'm sure they'll be so buried under over-thick paint that they'll lose all detail when they actually release though.

So, NECA unleashed this madness today.

Some will see release, other things are done "just for fun". The only confirmed Kenner inspired figures are in series 10. They also released official images for them. ToyArk has all the promo images

Only three for the wave, but they all look amazing. I hope everything in that diorama sees release. Also, the Aliens tongue Xeno looks fantastic. Can't wait for him to be released.

Some will see release, other things are done "just for fun". The only confirmed Kenner inspired figures are in series 10.

Does that mean the red, blue and gold ones aren't actually going to be sold?

Only three for the wave, but they all look amazing. I hope everything in that diorama sees release. Also, the Aliens tongue Xeno looks fantastic. Can't wait for him to be released.

Love them all. Will buy.

Is that tongue Alien this guy? Because I ordered him the other day.

Does that mean the red, blue and gold ones aren't actually going to be sold?

Love them all. Will buy.

Is that tongue Alien this guy? Because I ordered him the other day.

Someone asked them on Twitter point blank. They wouldn't commit to a release for any of them beyond series 10. I imagine they'll all see release, though.

Yeah. Tongue one is the Albino Concept figure. He looks so damn cool. He's going to look great next to the Alien Concept figure.

WolfStark

I do buy POPs occasionally. Just ones I like or characters I like that get no representation in other toy lines. Most of them I talk myself out of before I get to the register.

I also own a Rey POP, some special edition but in Overwatch case I just have the feeling it has to be more for me, the designs are just too exceptional for a simple POP.^^

Yarbskoo

I do buy POPs occasionally. Just ones I like or characters I like that get no representation in other toy lines. Most of them I talk myself out of before I get to the register.

I don't think I'll ever buy one. The style is off-puting enough that I'd rather have nothing than a Funko Pop.

At least amiibos look good from a distance.

Top Bottom