• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Sawneeks

Banned
I didn't buy that one. I would have If they'd made a female hunter variant. I miss the days when Gecco figures were 10-12k JPY instead of 35-40k.

If they had made a female variant or a statue of Lady Maria I would have totally jumped on that. Although with Figma starting to make Bloodborne stuff maybe we will get something there instead.

Jesus, the prices are kinda insane, I own both versions of the Hunter but I dunno about buying these weapons. I hope AmiAmi has a discount for them.

Yeah, they are horribly expensive. :'(

Thinking about just grabbing 1 weapon instead of the whole set but I'm worried they will be hard to find once the initial release is done.

Breads

Banned
Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me. I'm not a huge action figure nerd. minuatures/ figurines aside I only own one figma and one fully articulated doll thing so I know next to nothing about the ins and outs of this hobby but one thing has been eating at me for weeks.

https://twitter.com/Bloodborne_PS4/status/757016813783744512

A bloodborne figma was announced months ago and I check almost every day and there hasn't been an update yet and I lack the capacity to pre-order/ reserve a copy for myself for when it actually does get released because again - I know nothing about this hobby. Although I've been in this sort of situation before for imported merch my solution was to purchase overprised versions from amazon and Ebay... but I'm trying to get ahead of this and reserve a reasonably priced Bloodborne figma early.

So.

How do I go about doing that?

If they had made a female variant or a statue of Lady Maria I would have totally jumped on that. Although with Figma starting to make Bloodborne stuff maybe we will get something there instead.

Speaking of Lady Maria, Prime 1 Studio announced a statue of her. Though they are not known for being cheap.

for those on the fence on F91:

from anime island company who posted this on myfigurecollection
"Also Bandai changed how they handle the Metal Gundam (due to limited quantities) and only give each dealer 1 case, so you see it you buy it or else it is gone."

cr0w

Old Member
Any chance you can take a pic on how you have it setup, so I can get an idea and replicate it.

Sure.

1mgy94p.jpg

Just do it like that on each corner.

Got my Revo Deadpool, Leo, and Donnie in today. Amazing figures, the Turtles especially. The Figuart Turtles are undoubtedly better made figures but the Revo versions are way more fun.

NEO0MJ

A bloodborne figma was announced months ago and I check almost every day and there hasn't been an update yet and I lack the capacity to pre-order/ reserve a copy for myself for when it actually does get released because again - I know nothing about this hobby. Although I've been in this sort of situation before for imported merch my solution was to purchase overprised versions from amazon and Ebay... but I'm trying to get ahead of this and reserve a reasonably priced Bloodborne figma early.

So.

Sometimes there's a long delay between when a figure is announced and when it's available for preorder. Best thing you can do is set alrets for Figma and Bloodborne so that when a date is announced you have an idea of it.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Did anyone post this? Looks incredible.
https://postimage.org/
A Figuarts Padme in her white outfit from AotC was also shown. (no pics) That will be my first and last prequel figure if they don't screw it up.

Just in case any of you are as crazy as I am, Gecco has recently announced they will be making Weapon Accessories for their 1/6th scale Bloodborne Hunter statue that released earlier this year.

The weapons are:
-Whirligig Saw
-Hunter's Axe
-Hunter Pistol and Torch

and there will also be an option for a Display Wall that is 'styled in the ways of the Healing Church' to display all the weapons.

014.jpg

015.jpg

003.jpg

015.jpg

011.jpg

Trying very hard to convince myself I don't need these but...they look incredible...but are so expensive...

Only place I have been able to find with a 'combo pack' is here though I don't know how reliable that site is.

Someone save me from myself
Geez those are pricey to buy separately, I'm so tempted though. Need that Whirligig saw!

Zombine

Banned
Why buy a figure from a property you don't like and a character you hate?

I don't think I ever inferred that I dislike Star Wars. I'm a huge fan of the franchise but Attack of The Clones is my least favorite of the saga. I have every SH Figuarts Star Wars release thus far.

NEO0MJ

I don't think I ever inferred that I dislike Star Wars. I'm a huge fan of the franchise but Attack of The Clones is my least favorite of the saga. I have every SH Figuarts Star Wars release thus far.

I didn't mean Star Wars as a whole, just that part considering you opened your post by mentioning how you dislike it.

Hm only the Joker for me on that list but I might grab Ant-Man since I skipped the first one. I'm gonna cave on a 1/4 Iron Man one day I know it.

Joker is one of the last 2 Hot Toys I get for sometime. Going to have to rely of gifts for a few years until the kid goes to school. Have to live vicariously through you all.

Sawneeks

Banned
So.

Like Neo said, setting an alert would be the best thing to do here. Sometimes there is a really large gap in between when something is announced and when it goes up for pre-order.

Or, if you'll be sticking around here for a while, I'm pretty sure one of us will post something about when pre-orders go up. :)

Geez those are pricey to buy separately, I'm so tempted though. Need that Whirligig saw!

Whirligig is life. If there is only one of those weapons I pick up it's definitely going to be that one. It looks incredible!

DemiMatt

Upcoming Hot Toys

14939951_10153927862852344_2010169582836383462_o.jpg

Only one I have on PO is Antman, will get the Sneaky Iron Man armor later on.

Same, I was really hoping that they would release Ant Man with a smaller War Machine figure similar to those mini Iron Man figures that came with some of the recent IM3 releases.

I can't tell if the Paul Rudd sculpt is different or not - but I always thought that he looked like Paul Rudd in the films. Just not that classic Paul Rudd people think of.

Since the Snowtroopers released, are we going to get a ESB Vader? Not a fan of the diaper Rouge One Vader.

DemiMatt

Speak of the devil, received a Sideshow email about Joker saying they expect it in Nov-December now. Was expected.

This is why it's good to have a figure come ~ every month or so!

Did Deadpool ever get a release date Stateside? I feel like I've been waiting for him forever.

Joker is one of the last 2 Hot Toys I get for sometime. Going to have to rely of gifts for a few years until the kid goes to school. Have to live vicariously through you all.

Funny you should say that, I've a one (and a bit) year old little person who came in to my life causing havok and joy. In my experience it's been easy limiting and prioritising purchases since they came along. Don't get me wrong, I love Hot Toys and continue to lust after them (and other figures and pickups) a lot, and following this thread is great to see what others get and when they get them. I'm also ultimately OK going without most of the new releases, it's quite nice being able to pass up on them...almost liberating in fact...being really limited and specific about what I can get makes it all the sweeter when I eventually do get to pick one up. On reflection maybe my figure buying habit was more of a commitment or maybe even an addiction that I am in better control of now and much happier for it. Oh and congrats by the way, you are in for a wild ride in some of the best possible ways.

I see Deadpool is on wait list only on sideshow now. You guys told me this stuff doesn't sell out. Am I screwed? :(

Everything sells out sooner or later. And sometimes it's hard to predict what will sell out and what's going to the bargain bin. It's not an exact science. If you absolutely 100% want something, pre-ordering is the best option.

I see Deadpool is on wait list only on sideshow now. You guys told me this stuff doesn't sell out. Am I screwed? :(

Not necessarily. I've had fairly good luck with the waitlist in the past. Typically the ones that didn't convert were because I joined the waitlist long after the figure had been released.

Messi

Not necessarily. I've had fairly good luck with the waitlist in the past. Typically the ones that didn't convert were because I joined the waitlist long after the figure had been released.

I've wanted to ask for a while. Is that avatar Olivia Wilde. I think it's Olivia Wilde.

Messi

Heh, no but that would be nice. It's singer/songwriter Sara Bareilles, of whom I'm a huge fan. The image is from the cover of her EP Once Upon Another Time.

Ah that's where I know it from. She's amazing.

Watched the Wonder Woman trailer. Gonna be needing that hot toy ASAP.

Ah that's where I know it from. She's amazing.

Watched the Wonder Woman trailer. Gonna be needing that hot toy ASAP.

She is indeed!

Speaking of HT Wonder Woman, have they shown anything new since it was first announced? I wanted to get it but it looked like it wasn't going to be very poseable, so I held off. I've waiting for more info on whether or not that's true.

Messi

She is indeed!

Speaking of HT Wonder Woman, have they shown anything new since it was first announced? I wanted to get it but it looked like it wasn't going to be very poseable, so I held off. I've waiting for more info on whether or not that's true.

Sideshow says November/December but I don't see that happening .

Top Bottom