• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

This Tamashii Nation is making my wallet cry, so much stuff, all these will be mine.
355-440x660.jpg
364-440x660.jpg
345-440x660.jpg
335-440x660.jpg
591-440x660.jpg
616-440x660.jpg

601-440x660.jpg
452-440x660.jpg
392-440x660.jpg
IMG_8163-440x655.jpg
571-440x660.jpg
IMG_8164-440x628.jpg

0820-440x293.jpg

WolfStark

The Figuarts are all work in progress, of course they are not looking amazing. The shelve had big "don't make a picture" signs, pretty sure it's because Bandai doesn't want negative reactions based on half done figures.

SeanC

The Figuarts are all work in progress, of course they are not looking amazing. The shelve had big "don't make a picture" signs, pretty sure it's because Bandai doesn't want negative reactions based on half done figures.

They're usually on point so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Chinner

Banned
The kaiokan goku is a little disappointing. Literally just red tint. No change to the body, which is usually bulkier. I thought they would use the ssj warrior awakening body.

SSJ3 Goku will be fine once they fix the face sculpt. Just a bit fat.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
GUYS PLS

Figuarts faces in prototypes are always bad. Wait for official pics!

Eagalus has finally landed! No email shipping confirmation. It just showed up.

Cv4kQokWAAAQgQJ.jpg

Yay 4H! Super excited for my Avians. Gonna be so good!

NEO0MJ

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

LOOK AT THIS NEW MONSTERARTS MECHAGODZILLA!!!!!!!!!!!

That looks pretty cool. Like a mix of the Showa and Heisei variants.

Also, bought a couple of Third Party Transformers, they're really cool.

First up is MMC's Carnifex, or not-Overlord. It's absolutley fantastic and has great build quality and a nice feel to it.

Second is Nero Rex. Build quality isn't as good as the above but I still really like it, that combined mode has such shelf presence.

Zombine

Banned
Regardless of quality issues, these are and always will be miles better than -anything- Hasbro will shit out of the Black line.

cr0w

Old Member
Went back to the comic shop today and picked in their last BvS Superman, since supplies of him have completely dried up. Not disappointed in the least.

O3MXjsd.jpg

And here's my D.C. cabinet.

rORHGi8.jpg

Ugh I wish I'd have gotten BvS Supes when he was readily available refuse to pay inflated aftermarket prices for HT. Only one I ever did it on was Reeves Supes and it was a good price overall.

LiK

Totally kicking myself for not picking up BvS Supes. Kinda surprised he sold out beside the MoS one took a long time to finally sell out. Saw it for sale prices too. I guess I'll settle for JL version.

cr0w

Old Member
Totally kicking myself for not picking up BvS Supes. Kinda surprised he sold out beside the MoS one took a long time to finally sell out. Saw it for sale prices too. I guess I'll settle for JL version.

I think two things factored in to his selling out. One, after MoS Supes sat for over a year, HT didn't make nearly as many BvS Supes as they did the prior version. Two, once in-hand pics of Batman started hitting, people saw the improved product from the prototype and decided they wanted both of them, so there was a rush on them both.

Hell, up until two weeks ago I was going to skip them myself.

Beautiful display. I NEED a cabinet like that. My Detolfs are nice but can't handle team displays (Avengers, Guardians) the way I'd want. Where did you get it?

Went back to the comic shop today and picked in their last BvS Superman, since supplies of him have completely dried up. Not disappointed in the least.

O3MXjsd.jpg

rORHGi8.jpg

LiK

I think two things factored in to his selling out. One, after MoS Supes sat for over a year, HT didn't make nearly as many BvS Supes as they did the prior version. Two, once in-hand pics of Batman started hitting, people saw the improved product from the prototype and decided they wanted both of them, so there was a rush on them both.

Hell, up until two weeks ago I was going to skip them myself.

Yea, I signed up for the Waitlist with SS about a month ago and still nothing. Looking forward to it being canceled down the line.

metal build F91 sold out amiami, hobby search and cdjapan in 20 seconds

3 mins @ hlj
http://hlj.com/product/bann11263/Gun
insane....

if anyone is looking
S.H.Figuarts TP (Time Patroller) XENOVERSE Edition
http://hlj.com/product/BANN14340?utm_source=My+Figure&utm_medium=PROD&utm_campaign=My+Figure

S.H.Figuarts Trunks XENOVERSE Edition
http://hlj.com/product/BANN14339?utm_source=My+Figure&utm_medium=PROD&utm_campaign=My+Figure
Secured my stuff.

Do you know at what time did these j-e-tailers end up putting the New stuff up for.pre-order? I woke up at 3 am EST and refreshed their sites for 30 minutes and nothing changed, Iwent back to bed and ended up getting my things this morning. Weird to see Japanese people failing at punctuality.

People need their goddamn Gundamuuuu. I remember what it used to be like when scale figure pre-orders would be a bloodbath. Now that only happens with Gundams and Star Wars Figuarts. Ha ha.
yeah, i got lucky bc someone was watching myfigurecollection and
Ryan from HLJ posted a direct link there before anywhere else for F91 2 minutes before 3amEST.

Secured my stuff.

Do you know at what time did these j-e-tailers end up putting the New stuff up for.pre-order? I woke up at 3 am EST and refreshed their sites for 30 minutes and nothing changed, Iwent back to bed and ended up getting my things this morning. Weird to see Japanese people failing at punctuality.

woah you got an F91 pre-order in the morning?please tell me where i'd like to get a backup.

everything goes up 16:00 JST for most retailers as that is what is posted on the official bandai site (3am EST daylight savings for me)
they all ended up all going up at that time. but sold out within 20 secs so you might've missed it.

with hlj
they have stuff at times that doesn't show up in the search system till about 5 minutes later (by that time it could be too late) unless you got a direct link
but ami ami and hobby search and cdjapan usually go up within 1 or 2 minutes of the time that was stated

cr0w

Old Member
Beautiful display. I NEED a cabinet like that. My Detolfs are nice but can't handle team displays (Avengers, Guardians) the way I'd want. Where did you get it?

Ikea, actually! Here you go.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30280947/

Be forewarned, it's an absolute bitch to put together, more so than the Detolfs are. It took me a total of 18 hours, and I still had to rig something up on my own to make the doors shut properly.

Sawneeks

Banned
Just in case any of you are as crazy as I am, Gecco has recently announced they will be making Weapon Accessories for their 1/6th scale Bloodborne Hunter statue that released earlier this year.

The weapons are:
-Whirligig Saw
-Hunter's Axe
-Hunter Pistol and Torch

and there will also be an option for a Display Wall that is 'styled in the ways of the Healing Church' to display all the weapons.

014.jpg

015.jpg

003.jpg

015.jpg

011.jpg

Trying very hard to convince myself I don't need these but...they look incredible...but are so expensive...

Only place I have been able to find with a 'combo pack' is here though I don't know how reliable that site is.

Someone save me from myself

Just in case any of you are as crazy as I am, Gecco has recently announced they will be making Weapon Accessories for their 1/6th scale Bloodborne Hunter statue that released earlier this year.

I didn't buy that one. I would have If they'd made a female hunter variant. I miss the days when Gecco figures were 10-12k JPY instead of 35-40k.

aparisi2274

O3MXjsd.jpg

rORHGi8.jpg

Hey QQ, the case to the right that has your transformers in it... is that the case from Ikea? if so, how did you fit devastator in there? Did you adjust the shelf somehow? or does it fit without having to adjust the shelves?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Regular (as in not astral) MCU Dr. Strange seems to be the only figure in the Dormammu wave with any scalper appeal so I picked it up as soon as I ran into one for under $20 in the wild, which was today. It's a darned nice figure. I like the rest but I'll wait for sub-$15 on them.
I also picked up a Neca 1/10 OG Alien. Apparently it was Walmart-exclusive and came out last year but Toys R Us had some.

LiK

The weapons are:
-Whirligig Saw
-Hunter's Axe
-Hunter Pistol and Torch

and there will also be an option for a Display Wall that is 'styled in the ways of the Healing Church' to display all the weapons.

014.jpg

015.jpg

003.jpg

015.jpg

011.jpg

Trying very hard to convince myself I don't need these but...they look incredible...but are so expensive...

Only place I have been able to find with a 'combo pack' is here though I don't know how reliable that site is.

Someone save me from myself

Jesus, the prices are kinda insane, I own both versions of the Hunter but I dunno about buying these weapons. I hope AmiAmi has a discount for them.

cr0w

Old Member
Top Bottom