• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

bengraven

Friend got me hooked on Marvel Legends like its crack and now I have Xmen 2017 preordered at BDTS and I'm going to be let for work looking for a black symbiote Spider-Man.

KingV

Ha. Little of both probably. Like we talked about before, they do good troopers. I can appreciate the sculpt here.

7ySRGsv.jpg

Black series are pretty good if you're selective about them. I like the few I have.

Vader with the helmet is kinda bad, but take the helmet off and it's really good IMO. This is how he is displayed.

1m0g1HR.jpg

I added eyebrows to my Vader. Also if you're not keen on the helmet try swapping the helmet from the bandai model kit. That combined with the black series body and a custom cape and you have a neat figure.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
There's a total resculpt of Vader coming from Hasbro. It solves the worst problem with the body, which was the crotch piece being part of the belt and just sorta floating. The helmet problem was solved with the Emperor's Wrath version.
They're using really cheap fabric on the new one, though.
Here's the best attempt at a 1/12 Vader that I've seen so far. It's the Bandai kit with some custom fabric work.
https://postimage.org/

Clov

I feel like this is the best place to ask this, though correct me if I'm wrong. I'm looking at getting a set of figures from Yahoo Auctions Japan, but I'm not sure what proxy service would give me the best deal. Does anyone here know some good ones?

Weiss

Banned
Oh neat, there's a figure thread.

I've been getting into toy collecting as of the last couple years as I apparently just don't have enough to waste my money on. Almost started buying Transformers toys a while back.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Oh neat, there's a figure thread.

I've been getting into toy collecting as of the last couple years as I apparently just don't have enough to waste my money on. Almost started buying Transformers toys a while back.

I would have bought the new masterpiece edition Megatron but apparently they glue an orange plug on the end if you import it? Fuck that. Saved me a lot of money, lol.

TAJ

OOS. I have the original without orange tip that I imported years ago. Man, they improved the legs so much now.

Damn so it is out of stock oops! Once it releases they will get more in as will most all the overseas shops gotta keep an eye out tho cause they will sell out quickly.

Alright. Sideshow canceled my Joker and gave me my NRD back. Preordered Jyn with the refunded money and I plan on selling Batfleck and using the money on Chirrut. Keeping my collection Star Wars.

I received my NECA Kenner Aliens yesterday. The USPS tracking had me worried, because they didn't update it at all after the package was picked up. I was surprised to find that big box waiting for me when I got home for work.

Up first is Gorilla Alien!

NacwIPT.jpg

zvW6Lz8.jpg

jD2phck.jpg

o9peIxb.jpg

KKt6G6C.jpg

ctyZbxP.jpg

JljMnm3.jpg

This guy is cool. His body is the standard Alien Warrior, but he has completely new arms, head and a back piece. These new pieces completely transform the figure and give him some real heft. He feels like a tank, which is appropriate. The new head sculpt is amazing. I love the removable dome feature, which is unique for the entire Aliens line. It opens up the display options and army building possibilities for the figure. Just an extremely well done figure that's a lot of fun to pose in aggressive action poses.

Next is the Mantis Alien.

xzG2cjF.jpg

a9C1uuu.jpg

3o6vaOZ.jpg

aVGqxtZ.jpg

1osXFbU.jpg

Rx7LNoR.jpg

WammuUp.jpg

Q1MImeT.jpg

Wow! I thought this guy was going to be a cool figure, but NECA really blew away my expectations! This thing is amazing. He looks like he's using the Dog Alien body, which is already tall. But the new pieces make him hands down the tallest Alien figure so far. The silver paint on top of the translucent green plastic is such a striking look. The head looks like a scaled down Queen head, so it's extremely fierce looking. The only drawback is mine came with a super loose left leg joint. It makes it impossible to stand him upright without some major work to compensate for the looseness. That said, he's still a bad ass figure.

Last, and most certainly least, is the Queen Face Hugger.

OyXJ5bk.jpg

I0nlAd1.jpg

KNZTZfV.jpg

Not much to say about this one. It's a large face hugger. The paint job is phenomenal, though. But the articulated legs couldn't work less if they were done by McFarlane. The bendy wire in the tail sucks. Despite the sick paint job, this one feels like a cash grab. Definitely should have had some eggs and some other stuff thrown in to make it a creature pack instead of a stand alone figure.

Despite one dud, this is a great start for this line. The figures are unique, fun and amazing to look at. With their Kenner Predator line winding down*, I'm glad NECA is going down this road with the Aliens line. There's a bunch of fun Kenner Aliens that will make awesome modern day action figures.

*They haven't announced it's end, but they've done almost all of the Kenner Predators.

Messi

Alright. Sideshow canceled my Joker and gave me my NRD back. Preordered Jyn with the refunded money and I plan on selling Batfleck and using the money on Chirrut. Keeping my collection Star Wars.

How did you manage that. I'd do it in a heartbeat to get Jyn.

Anth0ny

I liked Rogue One, but I don't think I liked any of the characters enough to waste money or shelf space on them ._.

still waiting on that hot toys MCU spidey. any day now...

I received my NECA Kenner Aliens yesterday. The USPS tracking had me worried, because they didn't update it at all after the package was picked up. I was surprised to find that big box waiting for me when I got home for work.

Glorious. Can't wait to get mine. This is the first line of Aliens from NECA I'll be actively collecting. Really hope they raid most of the old Kenner line for pieces. There were some I'd really like to see remade with modern figure technology.

Sawneeks

Banned
Knew a couple people were looking at it, but Gecco fully unveiled the painted version of their 1/6th Soul of Cinder statue. Everything is taken from their Facebook page.

DARK SOULS Ⅲ, Souls of Cinder 1/6 Scale Statue
Let us share some images from TOYSOUL 2016 Hong Kong. You'll see how big he is, compared with our other 1/6 scale. We are preparing for opening preorder on December 26th.
-Price: US$499.99
-Size:1/6 scale (42 cm high)
-Preorder start: December 26th, 2016
-Release:May ~ June 2017
-Material :polystone
-Sculpt: Shinya Akao / HEADLONG
-Paint: Katsushige Akeyama / -accent-

Looks great, price is a little steep but the statue itself looks fantastic.

Top Bottom