• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Who's got them?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Big+Boys+Toys+Street+fighter

http://bigboystoys.com.hk/index.php?route=product/category&path=142

Ryu(A)-800x800.jpg

E-800x800.jpg

Chun_Li3-800x800.jpg

7A-800x800.png

D-800x800.jpg

BBT10005.jpg

Knew a couple people were looking at it, but Gecco fully unveiled the painted version of their 1/6th Soul of Cinder statue. Everything is taken from their Facebook page.

Looks great, price is a little steep but the statue itself looks fantastic.

Man, what happened with Gecco? They always produced 1/6 scale, but after the Silent Hill series, their pricing just went into overdrive. Their older stuff was very reasonably priced. I understand this is polystone and not pvc, but lordy, these are Sideshow prices they're asking.

Glorious. Can't wait to get mine. This is the first line of Aliens from NECA I'll be actively collecting. Really hope they raid most of the old Kenner line for pieces. There were some I'd really like to see remade with modern figure technology.

If this wave is well-received, and it looks it's going to be, I'm sure they'll keep it going. Except for 1 figure, they've remade the entire Kenner Predator line. Judging by this initial wave, it seems like they can be pretty ingenious in re-using existing molds. I'd really like to see these guys in soon.

mUyyusg.jpg

Snake Alien

hKIXdVN.jpg

Killer Crab

MhWrRgF.jpg

Night Cougar

If this wave is well-received, and it looks it's going to be, I'm sure they'll keep it going. Except for 1 figure, they've remade the entire Kenner Predator line. Judging by this initial wave, it seems like they can be pretty ingenious in re-using existing molds. I'd really like to see these guys in soon.

I loved those things so much. I didn't have the Night Cougar Alien, but I had most of the others. King Alien, too. What are the odds they'll remake the mail-in Flying Queen? I still have the original around somewhere.

I didn't read much about the Rogue One Vader. All I know is they changed the gloves. Is there anything else changed about it?

New body which makes him less stubby. New helmet but I don't see a huge difference. I probably wouldn't have got him if I wasn't gonna have a Rogue One shelf. Need him for that and keep the ANH Vader on the ANH shelf.

Sawneeks

Banned
I shouldnt have look in this thread.

Hahaha, sorry. This thread is a really bad influence, I always tell myself not to come back but..well...

Everything just looks super nice. >.>;

Come on, it looks pretty bad. Look at that low quality ember effect. Hope Gundyr is given more care.

The ember effect looks good on the legs/part of the chest but for some reason the 'burned' edges of the fabric look off. They almost look like tomato sauce, especially on the hands as well.

also, they're making Gundyr???

Man, what happened with Gecco? They always produced 1/6 scale, but after the Silent Hill series, their pricing just went into overdrive. Their older stuff was very reasonably priced. I understand this is polystone and not pvc, but lordy, these are Sideshow prices they're asking.

I only found them after their Bloodborne statue but I would guess it's licencing/IP popularity? Have other statue makers increased their prices over the years?

Messi

Sure. They had to when the Yen was bombing (and it is again right now!!), but Gecco increased pricing 300-500%!

This was never about the Yen. It's about getting more paper going forward. They have people hyped through the roof for marvel, star wars and they even have the DCU license. It prints money.

This was never about the Yen. It's about getting more paper going forward. They have people hyped through the roof for marvel, star wars and they even have the DCU license. It prints money.

We were talking about Japanese figure manufacturer Gecco, who currently makes Dark Souls, Bloodborne and Metal Gear figures.

Watching Rogue One makes me want to buy all the SH Figuarts trooper variations.

Might get a Death Trooper and Shoretrooper. Better to buy from HLJ or AmiAmi? Never used these import websites before.

Sawneeks

Banned
Sure. They had to when the Yen was bombing (and it is again right now!!), but Gecco increased pricing 300-500%!

It's probably just what Messi said, it's all about making more money. They probably saw the increase in demand/popularity of statues in general and figured they could make more money by releasing popular IP statues for a premium.

It's probably just what Messi said, it's all about making more money. They probably saw the increase in demand/popularity of statues in general and figured they could make more money by releasing popular IP statues for a premium.

Nah, I think he thought we were talking about Hot Toys, as he mentioned DC, Star Wars and Marvel.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Right now a bundle of the Marvel Legends Civil War 3-pack with Spider-Man, battle-damaged Cap and battle-damaged Iron Man and a kids Iron Man mask is $16.33 on walmart.com. Ridiculousness.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon had Figuarts Raphael for $44 as a Lightning Deal yesterday, so I snatched it up and...it arrived today! AMAZON PLS SO GOOD

You can't really get him to hold his sai between his fingers unless you squeeze them into the accessory-holding hands, but even then it's a loose fit. I attempted it in my jumping pose, but they can't really go deep enough to recreate his holding look. I used a Sentinel stand to hold Raph up just barely long enough to take a picture due to the heavy diecast, but I'm sure there's better stands for the job.

Bring on Mikey and Shredder!

Watching Rogue One makes me want to buy all the SH Figuarts trooper variations.

Might get a Death Trooper and Shoretrooper. Better to buy from HLJ or AmiAmi? Never used these import websites before.

I usually use AmiAmi for monthly orders and the insane amount of cool preowned stuff, but some people prefer HLJ for ease of cancellation and the option for FedEx delivery. Sometimes Ami is cheaper than HLJ but their shipping prices are rather bloated due to the gigantic boxes they use.

buy them all

I usually use AmiAmi for monthly orders and the insane amount of cool preowned stuff, but some people prefer HLJ for ease of cancellation and the option for FedEx delivery. Sometimes Ami is cheaper than HLJ but their shipping prices are rather bloated due to the gigantic boxes they use.
Thanks! I think I might go with HLJ for the troopers since they're already released and shipping prices are cheaper. AmiAmi for whenever they do ESB Han and Luke cuz I'm gonna preorder them. :)
buy them all
Diggeh pls

How do you not buy Figuarts K2 you monster.

Sick poses Diggeh 10/10.
I'll buy him if they don't make the other characters (so I don't feel compelled to collect them all).
Can you dig it?

I've got my Han locked in but disappointingly Chewie looks out of scale. Might just pick up the new Black Series one.
Yeah, the scale looks really off. I'm hoping they'll make a revised version or something that's in scale and brand it as ESB Chewie including a broken C-3PO accessory.

All collector markets for stuff like this raise prices based on popularity

That's not always the reason. Japanese manufacturers had to raise prices across the board over the past couple years due to how poorly the yen was doing against the usd on a pretty consistent basis. In this particular case I'm referring to companies with a focus on anime figures like Good Smile and Max Factory. It's not really a question of popularity when standard list prices rise across the board to compensate for the exchange rate.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'll buy him if they don't make the other characters (so I don't feel compelled to collect them all).

Yeah, the scale looks really off. I'm hoping they'll make a revised version or something that's in scale and brand it as ESB Chewie including a broken C-3PO accessory.

Speaking of broken C-3PO... you can dismember the Bandai one and put it back together very quickly. Plus it has a removable panel on the back so you can have Chewie fix him.
And it comes with two sets of arms, so you can make one of them a TFA Snake arm. And there's an alrernate dented head, alternate restraining bolt torso...

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, is anyone else getting crazy shipment delays from Japan? I had a package that has SAL registered w/tracking aaaaand it hasn't updated since the 7th, so like, the day after I paid Amiami for it :( It has the Mewtwo Pokken Megahouse, the Nurse Joy GEM, and the 2 Cardcaptor Sakura Nendos (or at least those kinda-sorta Nendos).

It's been almost two weeks now without an update of it even reaching the US shores or customs or anything :/ Anyone else getting crazy delays? I mean, I know sometimes USPS gets lazy about scanning stuff and then it shows up at your door, but you would THINK that customs for an international package would show up! The weather has sucked, so hopefully I get it... some day >_> Even if it IS getting shipped by boat!

Top Bottom