• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Ugh, is anyone else getting crazy shipment delays from Japan? I had a package that has SAL registered w/tracking aaaaand it hasn't updated since the 7th, so like, the day after I paid Amiami for it :( It has the Mewtwo Pokken Megahouse, the Nurse Joy GEM, and the 2 Cardcaptor Sakura Nendos (or at least those kinda-sorta Nendos).

SAL Shipment in December = RIP

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
SAL Shipment in December = RIP

Figured... My poor Lion Dance Miku too :(

And yet, I got a small package in from eBay last week that looked like it was sent by SAL (unless it was EMS) and got here within a week! I guess it just made the cut off before things started stalling :x

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
You'll get her, it's just that SAL this time of year usually takes a month or more.

Hopefully the same with my Pokemon/CCS shipment, due to the cost :x

Speaking of Miku, I'll need to remember to order the Fluffy Coat Snow Miku Figma later today. Not my favorite Snow Miku, but I still needs it :x

Speaking of broken C-3PO... you can dismember the Bandai one and put it back together very quickly. Plus it has a removable panel on the back so you can have Chewie fix him.
And it comes with two sets of arms, so you can make one of them a TFA Snake arm. And there's an alrernate dented head, alternate restraining bolt torso...
I always forget the Bandai model kits exist. Do they need to be painted? I'm not too fond of doing that tbh.

Thinking I'm about to go Star Wars only with my collecting. Space is becoming limited, prices are going up, and Star Wars is the constant brand for me that always is the most fun, Rogue One just reinforced that over the weekend.

Thinking I'm about to go Star Wars only with my collecting. Space is becoming limited, prices are going up, and Star Wars is the constant brand for me that always is the most fun, Rogue One just reinforced that over the weekend.

Ha. That was my conclusion already after seeing RO. I mean, I only owned two non SW Hot Toys but I've decided to sell them and just keep it Star Wars.

Ha. That was my conclusion already after seeing RO. I mean, I only owned two non SW Hot Toys but I've decided to sell them and just keep it Star Wars.

I'm not gonna sell my non-SW stuff, my HT Batman shelf and the first Avengers movie shelves are two of my faves, and Guardians is a fun shelf, so I'm gonna keep Drax. But I just can't keep up the collecting pace I've set for myself.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I always forget the Bandai model kits exist. Do they need to be painted? I'm not too fond of doing that tbh.

Only Boba Fett really needs paint. Threepio has a really nice chrome finish out of the box. Phasma does, too.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Figured... My poor Lion Dance Miku too :(

And yet, I got a small package in from eBay last week that looked like it was sent by SAL (unless it was EMS) and got here within a week! I guess it just made the cut off before things started stalling :x

Curler pls EMS or bust

Jealous of that Nendo Lion Dance Miku! Hope GSC brings it to some conventions next year.

Guys, whenever you think something is too big for your collection, trust that gut instinct. Got the BTAS Batwing in today and good god it's huge.

Guys, whenever you think something is too big for your collection, trust that gut instinct. Got the BTAS Batwing in today and good god it's huge.

Too late.

522460.jpg

WHERE WERE YOU 4 HOURS AGO!?

Haloid pls

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

I was so tempted to bid on the prop tank with Cain's brain floating in it from Robocop 2. Only five feet tall!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Too late.

WHERE WERE YOU 4 HOURS AGO!?

Haloid pls

Freezy pls why didn't you get the Super Action Statue figure? He even comes with the weird lizard head thing!

X8JV2rh.png

I've never seen the show but I've always liked that weird design. He'd fit in just fine with my SAS JoJo figures!

I mean either way you should buy both because you should buy all the things

all of them

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Another day another package in the mail. Judge Mortis this time.
SrY76wH.jpg

ThreeA did a damn good job on these.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
My Lion Dance Miku showed up today, because I forgot she was EMS :x That $20 GSC tax, actually makes it worth it in the end. Other package is still MIA. I wonder if USPS is able to track it down? Surely it reached the shores already within the 2 weeks!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Curler pls EMS or bust

Jealous of that Nendo Lion Dance Miku! Hope GSC brings it to some conventions next year.

(Missed this from earlier). I know, I gotta stop being cheap! My brain thinks that spending less on shipping, will mean more money on figures. If only I wasn't in a more tight budgeted situation, I would easily spend on EMS each time!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
But joints can get loose and wobbly. No one likes loose and wobbly.

But statues don't move and can shatter into a million pieces. No one likes broken dreams.

buy statues and figures buy them all BUY THEM ALL

Beth Cyra

New Mazinger figure coming from Artstorm, Wooo!

It's based on Shin Mazinger Zero, a retelling of Shin Mazinger, which was a retelling of the original Mazinger.
Fuck Z is so dumb looking.

Still glad to see Zero get its update.

Hopefully Grendizer Giga gets it one day.

Zombine

Banned
Seeing that preorder for the Shin Godzilla Blu-Ray is annoying because Funimation probably won't get to release the film here until august or later.

Bandai Premium Dragon Dagger and Buckler up at NY. Too bad it's pay now as I simply can't afford it.

Deadshot SHFiguarts is also up, also at Pay Now. Gonna wait on him and get on release if he's still about.

I bought a Play Arts Kai and it is being delivered to me tomorrow. I was wondering if there was a good site or video on how to spot a fake Play Arts Kai from a real one. I want to make sure I didn't buy a fake.

I bought a Play Arts Kai and it is being delivered to me tomorrow. I was wondering if there was a good site or video on how to spot a fake Play Arts Kai from a real one. I want to make sure I didn't buy a fake.

Not sure, usually box decals give it away but things like that have gotten much better over the years.

If you've paid a too good of a price, then it's most likely a bootleg.

LiK

Where did you buy it? Most retailers sell the real deal. You only need to worry about eBay sellers from Asia usually.

NEO0MJ

Fuck Z is so dumb looking.

Still glad to see Zero get its update.

Hopefully Grendizer Giga gets it one day.

The proportions looks super off in Z mode.

As for Grendizer, it always felt like the red headed stepchild of the Go Nagai associated mecha family.

The proportions looks super off in Z mode.

As for Grendizer, it always felt like the red headed stepchild of the Go Nagai associated mecha family.

That manga doesn't make any sense at all, I would have preferred a Shin Greto manga, however I could see myself buying a Great Mazinkaiser eventually.

Regarding Grendizer, from what I've heard he is huge in arabic/middle eastern countries where he is more popular than Mazinger and Great Mazinger, rest of the world? they don't care much, I grew up with Mazinger so watching Koji being downgraded to a dork on Grendizer didn't help the case either.

Not sure, usually box decals give it away but things like that have gotten much better over the years.

If you've paid a too good of a price, then it's most likely a bootleg.
Dang it. I paid 100 for it.
Where did you buy it? Most retailers sell the real deal. You only need to worry about eBay sellers from Asia usually.
Heh heh heh....yeah....I know I shouldn't have bought it there but it was an auction and no one was bidding. Plus it was sold out or super expensive anywhere else.

LiK

Dang it. I paid 100 for it.

Heh heh heh....yeah....I know I shouldn't have bought it there but it was an auction and no one was bidding. Plus it was sold out or super expensive anywhere else.

Which PAK did you buy? The only PAK I ever bought from eBay was FFXIII Serah from an Aussie seller and it was legit. Wasn't cheap but he was like one of 3 guys who had it and price wasn't outrageous.

I'm thinking of selling some rare PAKs on eBay next year since. I remember giving up on selling some a few years ago because people kept thinking they're bootlegs. One guy asked me to take close-up shots etc for Sora Final Form. I still have it sealed and that seems to make people suspicious. Makes me almost wanna open up my rare PAKs to make them easier to sell, lol

NEO0MJ

That manga doesn't make any sense at all, I would have preferred a Shin Greto manga, however I could see myself buying a Great Mazinkaiser eventually.

Regarding Grendizer, from what I've heard he is huge in arabic/middle eastern countries where he is more popular than Mazinger and Great Mazinger, rest of the world? they don't care much, I grew up with Mazinger so watching Koji being downgraded to a dork on Grendizer didn't help the case either.

As an arab I can confirm that. While kids don't know him now most anyone over 25 would have watched some Grendizer at one point or another in their life.

As an arab I can confirm that. While kids don't know him now most anyone over 25 would have watched some Grendizer at one point or another in their life.

I've heard you guys had a superb dub, like I said I am more of a Mazinger great Mazinger guy myself, but I would definitely love me some new Grendizer animation, sans dorky Koji of course.

Which PAK did you buy? The only PAK I ever bought from eBay was FFXIII Serah from an Aussie seller and it was legit. Wasn't cheap but he was like one of 3 guys who had it and price wasn't outrageous.

I'm thinking of selling some rare PAKs on eBay next year since. I remember giving up on selling some a few years ago because people kept thinking they're bootlegs. One guy asked me to take close-up shots etc for Sora Final Form. I still have it sealed and that seems to make people suspicious. Makes me almost wanna open up my rare PAKs to make them easier to sell, lol
It was the Final Fantasy XIII-2 Lightning in Goddess Armor PAK. It was originally going for around 50 to 60 dollars but the price has increased now. The lowest I've seen was 130 for it.

The seller says it's sealed and he never opened it. Since I knew nothing about PAKs (the only one that I own is the Noctis figure that came with the FFXV UCE) I decided to trust him. Hopefully it pays off haha!

LiK

It was the Final Fantasy XIII-2 Lightning in Goddess Armor PAK. It was originally going for around 50 to 60 dollars but the price has increased now. The lowest I've seen was 130 for it.

The seller says it's sealed and he never opened it. Since I knew nothing about PAKs (the only one that I own is the Noctis figure that came with the FFXV UCE) I decided to trust him. Hopefully it pays off haha!

Oh ok, so you're new to PAK. I've been collecting them since they came into existence. I have literally a hundred in a bin, lol. I don't display them anymore. I miss when they were cheaper back then.

Beth Cyra

Grendizer is also massive in Italy and other locations.

Go has referenced how popular Grendy is and they do use him along side his brothers in stuff like Robot Girls Z.

It's just both Grendizer and Great get fucked over constantly because people bitch that Koji isn't the king.

So they wrote out Grendy being the third and gave freaking Tetsuya's enemies to Kaiser to mess up.

I'm so salty over Great and Gren's treatment.

Top Bottom