• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

NEO0MJ

I've heard you guys had a superb dub, like I said I am more of a Mazinger great Mazinger guy myself, but I would definitely love me some new Grendizer animation, sans dorky Koji of course.

I's not bad, but I'm not sure if I''d consider it good, either. Still, the OP was amazing.

And I was surprised when I saw Koji later in Mazinger and other stuff. Why was the guy with the boring UFO piloting super robots?

Grendizer is also massive in Italy and other locations.

Yeah but a lot of super robots were popular in Italy. grendizer alone however had a spacial place in the hearts of young kids in the middle east.

Oh ok, so you're new to PAK. I've been collecting them since they came into existence. I have literally a hundred in a bin, lol. I don't display them anymore. I miss when they were cheaper back then.
Really? Are you just not into them anymore? Are you selling them then or just keeping it for nostalgic reasons?

I's not bad, but I'm not sure if I''d consider it good, either. Still, the OP was amazing.

And I was surprised when I saw Koji later in Mazinger and other stuff. Why was the guy with the boring UFO piloting super robots?

Yeah but a lot of super robots were popular in Italy. grendizer alone however had a spacial place in the hearts of young kids in the middle east.

AFAIK the original Grendizer manga doesn't have Koji, but TOEI forced his inclusion in the anime because they were afraid hte anime would no be as popular as Mazinger and Great Mazinger and they wanted those viewers to relate to the new anime. It ended hurting it more than helping it since original fans of Mazinger and Great Mazinger loathed this forced inclusion that didn't resemble the original character at all.

LiK

Really? Are you just not into them anymore? Are you selling them then or just keeping it for nostalgic reasons?

I dunno yet. Gonna try and sell the sealed ones first. Might end up selling the loose ones later. Gonna be a pain finding all the accessories since I basically just put them all in one massive plastic bin. I placed them lovingly so they wouldn't be damaged but still, it's a shitload of figures, lol

NEO0MJ

AFAIK the original Grendizer manga doesn't have Koji, but TOEI forced his inclusion in the anime because they were afraid hte anime would no be as popular as Mazinger and Great Mazinger and they wanted those viewers to relate to the new anime. It ended hurting it more than helping it since original fans of Mazinger and Great Mazinger loathed this forced inclusion that didn't resemble the original character at all.

How can they not? It was such a severe downgrade to the character.

Beth Cyra

How can they not? It was such a severe downgrade to the character.
I will say I liked Koji better in Dizer.

He calmed a bit and was a great foil to Duke.

Anyway I might pick up the Mazinger eventually.

Right now I only have to Art Storm EXS with Dizer and Getter Dragon.

You guys are planning to get any of the figures from the new D.C Chogokin line?
It's supposed to be focused on Go Nagai's creation. I am getting them all!

131807ch9afn7kgwb8b08p.jpg

Watch video for maximum hype:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXknKRKVlb0

NEO0MJ

I will say I liked Koji better in Dizer.

He calmed a bit and was a great foil to Duke.

Do you think that matters to a kid? It would be like if Batman was neglected to being secretary and chauffeur of the Justice League :p

You guys are planning to get any of the figures from the new D.C Chogokin line?
It's supposed to be focused on Go Nagai's creation. I am getting them all!

Too classic inspired for my taste.

It was the Final Fantasy XIII-2 Lightning in Goddess Armor PAK. It was originally going for around 50 to 60 dollars but the price has increased now. The lowest I've seen was 130 for it.

The seller says it's sealed and he never opened it. Since I knew nothing about PAKs (the only one that I own is the Noctis figure that came with the FFXV UCE) I decided to trust him. Hopefully it pays off haha!

Yeah, that one has increased in price quite a bit. Female PAKs for whatever reason start creep up, but I really didn't think Lightning to increase right now. Then again, it is a cool figure.

Obviously on eBay you want to avoid Asian (China, Taiwan, Hong Kong) sellers mostly. HK can be ok but I'd still be careful. As silly as it sounds, I'd rather pay a UK/US seller the inflated price...but even then it could be lies!

As for selling, maybe mention where you originally purchased? It's something. Of course, if you know the exact things to look for in terms of bootleg vs legitimate then providing that is always good. E.g. a simple box sticker that western suppliers add e.g. Diamond Comics, the legal lines and copyright info etc. Opening a box without completely removing the figure from the blister might be an option, but state it.

Also sold my Batman v Superman Batman Hot Toy today for $300 so I made $50. It was an excellent figure, maybe one of the best but I want to try and get more representation of different characters on my shelfs. I already have tons of Batman. With that said, I ordered Sideshows Darth Maul. It's barebones, but the face sculpt is amazing to me and I love Maul across the movies and two shows. I was able to use rewards points and get $40 off so $200 was the price.

Also, reposed Finn and gave him all the accessories.

Fury451

Banned
Also sold my Batman v Superman Batman Hot Toy today for $300 so I made $50. It was an excellent figure, maybe one of the best but I want to try and get more representation of different characters on my shelfs. I already have tons of Batman. With that said, I ordered Sideshows Darth Maul. It's barebones, but the face sculpt is amazing to me and I love Maul across the movies and two shows. I was able to use rewards points and get $40 off so $200 was the price.

Also, reposed Finn and gave him all the accessories.

Where do you sell? Have some old Hot Toys I want to part with-used ebay before with no issues, but last time I tried I had the zero feedback/no pay issues a lot of people had

I dunno yet. Gonna try and sell the sealed ones first. Might end up selling the loose ones later. Gonna be a pain finding all the accessories since I basically just put them all in one massive plastic bin. I placed them lovingly so they wouldn't be damaged but still, it's a shitload of figures, lol
Cool! Well, let me know own if you are ever selling any of the new or used ones.

My figure should be arriving tomorrow so I'll probably post a pic here.

Finally got around to opening the Revoltech Leonardo. It. Is. Awesome! Sure, the joints can be a bit finnicky, the accessories too, but overall it's a really fun figure. Light weight, good looking, great fun to pose and seems well made.

I prefer it over the SH Figuarts - both look and joy of posing. Both have their target audience though.

Bii

Where do you sell? Have some old Hot Toys I want to part with-used ebay before with no issues, but last time I tried I had the zero feedback/no pay issues a lot of people had

What are you selling? <_<

My Hot Toys Rey (Resistance Outfit) and Iron Man VII Sub-Zero is scheduled to arrive tomorrrow. Eeeeeeeeeeee

Daaaaamn. Ok thanks. Been wanting the Rooster for a long time so I can wait a little longer.

Just wanted to update ya and say Dig and I both had movement on our packages yesterday, so yours should be coming soon. If you don't have a FedEx account you should probably make one, that way you get the alerts for when it shipped and when they actually have it. Should have my box of 4H Friday!

Well it arrived! Here are the pics. Sorry if they are big!
kobOXEL.jpg

pVKaosR.jpg

Wish he had taken off that price sticker. Makes me feel dumb for spending more on it.

So now to see if it's a real PAK or not!

EDIT: DANG IT I JUST DROPPED IT!!! Am I screwed???

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Darth Revan black series is up on amazon. I nabbed it for like 30 bucks.

edit: now they are like 40 :|

Uh... why would Amazon be charging $30 for it?
If you're going to include scalpers then it's always up on Amazon.

Just wanted to update ya and say Dig and I both had movement on our packages yesterday, so yours should be coming soon. If you don't have a FedEx account you should probably make one, that way you get the alerts for when it shipped and when they actually have it. Should have my box of 4H Friday!
Super jealous but thanks for the update. I wish I could get the other Rooster they made but it's not for sale anymore. What's the resale on these usually?

LiK

Well it arrived! Here are the pics. Sorry if they are big!
kobOXEL.jpg

pVKaosR.jpg

Wish he had taken off that price sticker. Makes me feel dumb for spending more on it.

So now to see if it's a real PAK or not!

EDIT: DANG IT I JUST DROPPED IT!!! Am I screwed???

considering it has an old price sticker, seems pretty legit to me, lol

Darth Revan black series is up on amazon. I nabbed it for like 30 bucks.

edit: now they are like 40 :|

Yeah definitely not Amazon, its a third part company. Amazon has them for $19.99.

I love that all this week they've posted Revan at "normal" times, but since I started tracking him it goes up at 3am :(

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The Emperor is actually my least favorite BS figure but you can get replacements for the robe and skirt thingy that completely save the look and take the articulation from terrible to pretty darned good.

The Emperor is actually my least favorite BS figure but you can get replacements for the robe and skirt thingy that completely save the look and take the articulation from terrible to pretty darned good.

Yeah I know kitbashing is a thing but I'm not that big into it. I have a question you might know though. Black Series figures have the holes on the feet for stands. Where would you get such stands?

SeanC

I picked up the Elite Series K-2SO and really like him. I wish his hands/wrists were more articulated, at least move up and down and not just swivel, but I love the size and weight of him and a metal fig really is a nice fit for the droids. I might pick up the 3PO and R2 now.

TAJ

Yeah I know kitbashing is a thing but I'm not that big into it. I have a question you might know though. Black Series figures have the holes on the feet for stands. Where would you get such stands?

I haven't felt a need for them so I haven't looked into it. I was thinking of getting a few stands, but to hold figures in really extreme and/or aerial poses. There are ones made for that purpose from NECA available at major toy stores like Toys R Us and also online.
I'll probably end up buying both Mafex Boba Fetts soon and those come with similar stands.
EDIT: NECA also has 10-packs of basic peg stands for around $11 online.

Okay I will admit it, I shit on Hasbro a lot for their recent direction and effort with Star Wars (and GI JOE)
Especially the shitty 5POA being the mainline.
however I bought both the super articulated Jyn and the 5POA Jyn and I honestly prefer the 5POA.

I think I even called out people who said they preferred the simple sleek sculpts vs being super articulated,
I completely disagreed but man Jyn Erso might be exhibit #1.

uoMdHw2.png

Big brother got me the Cursed Earth Dredd Mezco and friends...I think I'm in love. This is just amazing.

Big fan of the variant color scheme. Just looks nicer to me even though it ain't canon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
NECA needs to get on a Doomslayer and classic Doomguy figure.

As well as Cyberdemon. The lack of Doom figures in general for something that used molded models in its original inception is a crying shame.

Yazuka

Any good places to import this to Sweden? It's love to try and get a hold of some Power Rangers stuff, but I've only found stuff where the shipping cost more than the figures I want.
Would love to get a hold of the Legacy 6inch figures.

Top Bottom