• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Why can't we ever get amazing Dark Souls figures?

Dark Knight is fine, but where is Solaire, Elite Knight, Ornstien and Smough, Gwynn, Siegmier, Andre, Quelag, or even an Izalith Sister?

There has to be a large enough market for this right?

WolfStark

I'd honestly be happy with some NECA HOTS quality Overwatch figures
1300x-Stitches6.jpg

sadly the characters id want are very unlikely to get figures

If GSC can do every single Kantai Collection Shipgirl as Nendo, Figma and statue, I bet they can do the whole Overwatch cast. Considering that GSC already does good money in a niche, they will do ton of money with a property like Overwatch, making it even more likely that they will do every character of the game. And since the roster isn't even complete, they have enough that they can add later on.^^

Edit: Not to forget all the skins! They would be crazy not to dive deep into this series, this is a gold mine!

batfax

Why can't we ever get amazing Dark Souls figures?

Dark Knight is fine, but where is Solaire, Elite Knight, Ornstien and Smough, Gwynn, Siegmier, Andre, Quelag, or even an Izalith Sister?

There has to be a large enough market for this right?

It's not the same as action figures, but I know F4F is doing statues of Solaire and Ornstien last I heard. Also have Artorias and Sif up for order. They're pretty darn huge too.

When is this coming out! If I don't get anything else. I'm getting this.

No release info yet. But it's painted, so details should be coming soon. It's made by Amakuni, which means it's going to be a HobbyJapan exclusive. So if you don't live in Japan, you'll need to order from either Nippon-Yasan or Big in Japan. Just keep an eye on the MFC item page, because once a release date and price are announced, they'll pop up there very quickly.

Neca 1/4 scale (18-inch) Daredevil: http://news.toyark.com/2017/02/19/toy-fair-2017-marvel-comics-daredevil-14-scale-figure-243744
Neca Club x Aliens: http://news.toyark.com/2017/02/19/toy-fair-2017-neca-club-x-alien-announced-243658
Introducing NECA CLUB x ALIEN!

We're excited to announce our new NECA CLUB x ALIEN program with huge perks to our most loyal Alien action figure fans! Beginning with our Aliens Series 11 Assortment, buy every NECA Alien action figure that we release this year as part of the NECA CLUB x ALIEN program, and you're eligible for a year-end, 100% exclusive figure... and along the way, we'll throw in a few awesome bonuses – all 100% exclusive to the club.

What other benefits does NECA CLUB x ALIEN offer?

Access to convention exclusives
Delivery straight to your door, in most cases before retail
Regular news updates as items are revealed
Dedicated customer service
Neca Aliens series 11: http://news.toyark.com/2017/02/19/toy-fair-2017-neca-aliens-series-11-official-images-details-243750

I knew TAS Joker would be getting an expressions pack. Will buy.

Also gonna try and pick up 40th anniversary Darth Vader. It looks dope.

If I were still collecting Marvel Legends, that Cyclops and Dark Phoenix 2 pack would be a must buy.

MG310

New Mattel DC Comics Multiverse wave. Rebirth Superman, Batwoman, Two-Face, Jessica Cruz Green Lantern, TV Martian Manhunter. Clayface build-a-figure.

Yeah, I might have to build that Clayface. Know my old DC Universe version's arms are going to rot off eventually if they haven't already.

- J - D -

This is my time following Toy Fair news and announcements. The biggest thing I took away from this weekend of seeing all the cool stuff is that I REALLY want some of those dioramas these companies use to display their figures or at least something realistically good enough. I wish more figures would pack in diorama pieces that when pieced together would somewhat approximate the (obviously) custom backdrops you see on display.

jackdoe

just saw photo of Joker and Harley Quinn play arts variant, I think it looks pretty cool

not a big fan with old Joker head, but some of the alternate head looks great.
Oh wow, I was wondering what Tetsuya Nomura was aiming for when I saw the original pic of the Joker, but seeing the alternate head sculpts, he's straight up ripping off of Killer 7.

Top Bottom