• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Tom_Cody

Can someone help me out with the Figuarts Amidala? It's not up on Amiami and the Big Bad Toys Store preorder price is crazy:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN17501&mode=retail

Any other recommendation regarding where to get it?

cr7DYaO.jpg

Can someone help me out with the Figuarts Amidala? It's not up on Amiami and the Big Bad Toys Store preorder price is crazy:

It's a web exclusive, which means the BBTS price isn't as outrageous as you're thinking it is. Ami/HLJ won't carry her as a result. Pretty sure BBTS or ordering from Bandai directly with a forwarding service are your only two options. A few people know more about web exclusives than me so I'm sure they'll chime in though.

Tom_Cody

It's a web exclusive, which means the BBTS price isn't as outrageous as you're thinking it is. Ami/HLJ won't carry her as a result. Pretty sure BBTS or ordering from Bandai directly with a forwarding service are your only two options. A few people know more about web exclusives than me so I'm sure they'll chime in though.

The best price I could get was $85 on the direct website which was linked earlier in the thread by David.
Thanks guys. At that price I think I'll be sitting this one out. I'm definitely planning to get the Movie Realization Amidala when it comes out, so that that takes away a bit of my motivation to go for this one.

FQcPgaJ.jpg

- J - D -

cr7DYaO.jpg

What about eBay? I think it's safe to assume (but someone correct me otherwise) that ordering from a longtime seller that ships from Japan is generally reliable. It's where I'm getting my Figuarts Hawkeye. Damn web exclusives (shakes fist)!

Here some listings: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...uarts+padme.TRS0&_nkw=figuarts+padme&_sacat=0

$80 shipped from Japan not bad.

Decided to jump in on some of those mythic legions figures. Having a love for skeletons, I had to get a couple. Think I might just stick with skeletons since the line is really expensive/hard to find

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Decided to jump in on some of those mythic legions figures. Having a love for skeletons, I had to get a couple. Think I might just stick with skeletons since the line is really expensive/hard to find

Excellent! And by some, you mean all.

All of them.

Excellent! And by some, you mean all.

All of them.

Yeah, they're too good haha. Looking at their new kickstarter, I'm kind of confused. There are some I want, but it seems you have to buy a figure from a selection(one for at least $30) and then add on the others that you want.Thing is, there's not really any I "want" from the selection. Or am I reading that wrong?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, they're too good haha. Looking at their new kickstarter, I'm kind of confused. There are some I want, but it seems you have to buy a figure from a selection(one for at least $30) and then add on the others that you want.Thing is, there's not really any I "want" from the selection. Or am I reading that wrong?

It's actually really easy having done their KS in the past. Pledge for any $30+ tier figure and you can buy everything in the BackerKit after the project closes. 4H actually just posted about it to clarify.

- BACKERKIT - Backerkit looks kind of like an online store where you'll go in order to identify all of the Add-Ons you want to have included in your Kickstarter pledge, as well as where you'll enter all of your shipping information. First, in a week or so after the Kickstarter has finished we'll open up the Backerkit, and you'll receive a message to the email address that you provided for the Kickstarter which will include link that will take you to the Backerkit site. Once at the Backerkit site, you'll notice that your pledge level will already be included and the money for that will be accounted for, but the remaining money that you used to increase your pledge will now have been turned into "credit" that can be used in order to pick and choose which of the Add-On items that you'll want. You just add those items to your cart until you've used up all of the "credit" and then check out. The Backerkit will then make note of all of your choices and we'll be automatically informed of that. You can also purchase even more items while you're shopping in Backerkit by using a credit card, and you can come back as many times as you'd like during the time that the Backerkit is open to add even more items to your list, if you'd like. We currently think we'll leave the Backerkit open for about three weeks, but that's not set in stone at this point.

Or you could just go all in like our good friend Haloid will.

dankir

I would be terrified about putting my Mark 43 Hot Toys in there. Paint scratching would be my top concern.

Nah don't worry about that. Originally It was limited to this, you'd pop open the head visor and you'd just have the head of the Mark 43 sticking out. The other Hulkbuster frmo King Arts had a removable Mark 43 1:9 figure.

902354-product-feature1.jpg

For 829,99 USD this was a bit dissapointing. Then they showed these.

Hot-Toys-Hulkbuster-Updated-001.jpg

Hot-Toys-Hulkbuster-Updated-002.jpg

Hot-Toys-Hulkbuster-Updated-005.jpg

And delayed it a year, but it's going to worth it.

Nah don't worry about that. Originally It was limited to this, you'd pop open the head visor and you'd just have the head of the Mark 43 sticking out. The other Hulkbuster frmo King Arts had a removable Mark 43 1:9 figure.

They will never stop making Iron Man armors, will they?

- J - D -

902354-product-feature1.jpg

For 829,99 USD this was a bit dissapointing. Then they showed these.

And delayed it a year, but it's going to worth it.

Why would you want to hide a $200+ iron man figure inside a larger Iron man figure? Seems like a waste unless they are including a whole mark 43 with the hulkbuster.

Just having a separate head and chest of the mark 43 be inside the hulkbuster seems more practical, imo. It's not as if we ever see him get into or out of the hulkbuster anyway.

Looks awesome! You gonna get the deluxe version too?

Quiet content with the stuff I got at the baseline product. I have enough accessories from other figs of this scale to satisfy Frank's armory. This is easily the most I've spent on a figure so far at about 85 bones so deluxe is quite above what I'm willing to spend.

- J - D -

Quiet content with the stuff I got at the baseline product. I have enough accessories from other figs of this scale to satisfy Frank's armory. This is easily the most I've spent on a figure so far at about 85 bones so deluxe is quite above what I'm willing to spend.

Yeah at $130 it takes some convincing. I'm not even sure I want to commit to Mezco stuff at their standard prices. Maybe just one or two here and there.

Anyway, I missed seeing it over the weekend, but have you guys seen this wolverine? Looks awesome. From Revoltech. I've never bought a revoltech but I've seen their Spidey and Deadpool and people seem to like those so this Wolvie should be good too.

qlMSPWu.jpg

grendelrt

Couple questions if someone could help. I was trying to get the best price on a figure and Ami Ami has it for 6300Y , but I have no clue what the final cost would be after shipping? For a normal size figma, any idea what the best cost would be for something insured, don't care about speed.

Also has anyone ever used Woozy Moo, they have a couple things at better prices than BBTS because of free shipping but I had never seen them before.

Couple questions if someone could help. I was trying to get the best price on a figure and Ami Ami has it for 6300Y , but I have no clue what the final cost would be after shipping? For a normal size figma, any idea what the best cost would be for something insured, don't care about speed.

Also has anyone ever used Woozy Moo, they have a couple things at better prices than BBTS because of free shipping but I had never seen them before.

For a Figma of that price I usually get charged ~1090Y SAL registered, which is the cheapest option with a tracking code, it takes 3 to 4 weeks to arrive, I am on the east coast.

Thanks!! Ordered a Guyver IIF and Guyver III. Wish I hadnt missed the Guyver 1 :/

Great figures, you'll love them.
If you really want Figma Guyver I, I recommend creating an account on Figinstock, configure it to notify you once it gets in stock, also keep and eye for it here:
https://ekizo.mandarake.co.j
I've bought tons of figures from them, even when they are "used" figures they are 98% of the time in mint condition, sometimes with a scratch on the box or opened for display purposes on a store for short time. I was able to complete my Berserk Figma collection without paying outrageous prices thanks to that site.

grendelrt

Great figures, you'll love them.
If you really want Figma Guyver I, I recommend creating an account on Figinstock, configure it to notify you once it gets in stock, also keep and eye for it here:
https://ekizo.mandarake.co.j
I've bought tons of figures from them, even when they are "used" figures they are 98% of the time in mint condition, sometimes with a scratch on the box or opened for display purposes on a store for short time. I was able to complete my Berserk Figma collection without paying outrageous prices thanks to that site.
Awesome thanks for the tip!

dankir

They will never stop making Iron Man armors, will they?

It's their most popular line, they like money so I doubt it. We'll see what happens at the end of Phase 3.

Why would you want to hide a $200+ iron man figure inside a larger Iron man figure? Seems like a waste unless they are including a whole mark 43 with the hulkbuster.

Just having a separate head and chest of the mark 43 be inside the hulkbuster seems more practical, imo. It's not as if we ever see him get into or out of the hulkbuster anyway.

I'm sure lots of people will want to pose the hulkbuster with an open chest cavity or show the Mark 43, in fact I think lots of people will buy a second Mark 43 to pose along side it.

Yeah at $130 it takes some convincing. I'm not even sure I want to commit to Mezco stuff at their standard prices. Maybe just one or two here and there.

Anyway, I missed seeing it over the weekend, but have you guys seen this wolverine? Looks awesome. From Revoltech. I've never bought a revoltech but I've seen their Spidey and Deadpool and people seem to like those so this Wolvie should be good too.

qlMSPWu.jpg

Oh man, that is gonna be a cool fig, as long as the paint work is good. Really happy with Spidey, excited for Venom, and that Wolverine is just gonna be another great addition for sure.

- J - D -

I'm sure lots of people will want to pose the hulkbuster with an open chest cavity or show the Mark 43, in fact I think lots of people will buy a second Mark 43 to pose along side it.

Okay. Well hey if ya got the means to do it, do it big. :D

Oh man, that is gonna be a cool fig, as long as the paint work is good. Really happy with Spidey, excited for Venom, and that Wolverine is just gonna be another great addition for sure.

Venom looks like a beast.

I really shouldn't jump onto another line, but I really want that Wolvie and should have a Spidey and Deadpool to go along with him...

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I just got that Figuarts Stay Puft in the mail... I dunno why I bought it. I thought it was going to be like 12" tall or something, but it's only 7" and it costs 140 bucks. It does have some heft to it, but I don't think it's worth the price. Might just end up selling it on ebay or something.

wow, all these 80's announced. bubblegum, dirty pair, mospeada...
here's a few more shots of:
Mospeada Ride Armor vs. linart
JMd16Yb.jpg

Qh4BEeX.jpg

anime:
lQBcaTo.jpg
wjXybNF.jpg

and metal skin panic madox-01
7Cy2AI5.jpg

gUP7LSA.jpg
u6x195b.jpg

Jaeger

Thanks guys. At that price I think I'll be sitting this one out. I'm definitely planning to get the Movie Realization Amidala when it comes out, so that that takes away a bit of my motivation to go for this one.

FQcPgaJ.jpg

I just want that Maul and Shadow Trooper.

Fox Mulder

so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.

Top Bottom