• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
For me that's an easy choice. Punisher.
But I dislike the new Spider-Man. Kissass, mercenary, Team Stark little shit. He's fun to watch, though.
At least he's not creepy AF like Garfield.

ohkay

if you're in the US, i wouldn't worry, once bluefin announces it, you guys will have some opportunities to grab it.

but that crap went quick at amiami, cdjapan and Nippon yasan... literally less than 60 seconds. hlj stayed opened for long 10 mins. lol

i'm curious how much U.S. retail price will be set at:
for reference:
hlj was 17100yen(150 USD) and nippon yasan 15780yen (138 USD)
Looks like I missed it on BBTS. Do you have any places I can follow to find out when these drop?

Looks like I missed it on BBTS. Do you have any places I can follow to find out when these drop?
the hell!?! i just checked after reading your post. man i hope that page is just a placeholder but that freakin sucks if BBTS already sold out. do you know when the page went up?

bluefin hasn't even announced distribution in the US yet...
when they do announce it, US shops will put their pre-orders up.

you can check their twitter and facebook for annoucements

ohkay

the hell!?! i just checked after reading your post. man i hope that page is just a placeholder but that freakin sucks if BBTS already sold out. do you know when the page went up?

bluefin hasn't even announced distribution in the US yet...
when they do announce it, US shops will put their pre-orders up.

you can check their twitter and facebook for annoucements
I randomly checked bbts around 12:30pm est, so that's when I saw it, and thanks for the links

...the DX version of the Gwendolyn Figma is GSC store exclusive, isn't it?

Of course it is.

There's always Nippon Yasan to help in this case. Thinking about getting it. I've yet to play the game (on the to do list) but it's a nice figure for sure. The wings look great. Too bad the DX prices compared to the regular is a significant jump for what isn't an equivalent addition.

^Dunno how US distribution works but isn't Nappa a)A bigger figure and B)Limited in the US as well, so he's probably going to cost more. His Yen price is around 8 or 9k vs Vegeta's 4k. Unless you meant compared to the two figures' Yen price! Ignore in that case.

That's too fast!!!!!!

Oh well it was not meant to be :(

Metal Build Seven Sword pre-orders are opening @ US shops!

MH toy shop (desposit non refundable 20% down)
http://www.mhtoyshop.com/mobile-sui...ndam-seven-sword-g-metal-build-action-figure/

Haloid, hopefully you're seeing this too.

EDIT:
anime-island pre-orders sold out
toy dojo pre-orders sold out

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I found BT at TRU yesterday! It's about time he released. Modern McFarlane actually made a somewhat decent figure that isn't Color Tops! Sure, BT doesn't have waist or much leg articulation, but he's pretty sweet and feels solid!

2frOUZd.jpg
OZNAqtt.jpg
tYg7knQ.jpg

k1htqZz.jpg
5icJqUM.jpg
OxV2Zcq.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I saw that titan yesterday or the day before but I don't know anything about Titanfall.
I'd kill for some good Horizon mech figures, though. There's that statue but the final product looks pretty cheap, especially for $200, and it's a statue.

I already have the original version of Vegeta with the scouter, but I'm probably gonna end up buying the new one because I can't help myself.

Jinroh

I love those alien and predator neca figures but damn the QC sucks so much. Early this week I received the red samurai predator, his whole upper left forearm was missing.

Now I've just received the alien from the third movie, and the lower jaw is missing!!!

Both neca and eBay sellers don't pay attention.

I found BT at TRU yesterday! It's about time he released. Modern McFarlane actually made a somewhat decent figure that isn't Color Tops! Sure, BT doesn't have waist or much leg articulation, but he's pretty sweet and feels solid!

OMG,thx for posting this!

I love those alien and predator neca figures but damn the QC sucks so much. Early this week I received the red samurai predator, his whole upper left forearm was missing.

Now I've just received the alien from the third movie, and the lower jaw is missing!!!

Both neca and eBay sellers don't pay attention.

Could those have been bootlegs? E-Bay is filled with bootlegs of older Predator and Alien figures. If Big Red was fairly cheap, he's most likely a bootleg. Same deal with the Dog Alien. Unless you bought one of the recent repaint versions, then you might want to contact NECA cs and see if they can help you out. If it's the original Dog Alien figure, and you got him cheap, he's probably a bootleg.

Jinroh

Could those have been bootlegs? E-Bay is filled with bootlegs of older Predator and Alien figures. If Big Red was fairly cheap, he's most likely a bootleg. Same deal with the Dog Alien. Unless you bought one of the recent repaint versions, then you might want to contact NECA cs and see if they can help you out. If it's the original Dog Alien figure, and you got him cheap, he's probably a bootleg.

Got them for 15 bucks + 10 shipping. How do you recognize if they are bootlegs?

That's the big red I got: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291810210804?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

edit: You're right, the alien description says made in China. Dammit I didn't know there were bootlegs...

edit2: From the same seller I bought the Battle Armor Lost Predator. The figure is great but the shoulder canon's articulation was stuck because of the paint. I guess it could be an indication the figure is a bootleg? At least the articulations are stiff and overall the details are incredible, much better than on my Spike Tail predator. This guy is just too loose and unstable. Also his chest armor is color accurate, unlike the original which has a black chest armor.

- J - D -

I have no idea about Titanfall but that figure looks awesome!

Got them for 15 bucks + 10 shipping. How do you recognize if they are bootlegs?

That's the big red I got: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291810210804?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

edit: You're right, the alien description says made in China. Dammit I didn't know there were bootlegs...

edit2: From the same seller I bought the Battle Armor Lost Predator. The figure is great but the shoulder canon's articulation was stuck because of the paint. I guess it could be an indication the figure is a bootleg? At least the articulations are stiff and overall the details are incredible, much better than on my Spike Tail predator. This guy is just too loose and unstable. Also his chest armor is color accurate, unlike the original which has a black chest armor.

Wow Neca bootlegs exist. Never would've thought.

Gundam pics just upset me right now.
Miss out on a pre-order?
i'll keep an eye out as not all US stores opened up their pre-orders yet.

the ones that go first are from well known places with no money down and flexible to cancel. BBTS. or places where people have lot of credit points towards though you have to pay up front. (Tokyo Otaku Mode)
and the ones that stay up longest are the ones you have to pay up front or less mainstream places.

i'll keep an eye out as not all US stores opened up their pre-orders yet.

the ones that go first are from well known places with no money down and flexible to cancel. BBTS. or places where people have lot of credit points towards though you have to pay up front. (Tokyo Otaku Mode)
and the ones that stay up longest are the ones you have to pay up front or less mainstream places.

Yeah I hate NRDs and would not pay one for a Gundam straight up. I'm continually checking BBTS in hopes someone cancels, that's how I got a lot of stuff I initially missed.

Top Bottom