• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

MG310

Los Angeles customs doesn't seem to give a fuck. They've never caused problems for me beyond my package sitting there for a couple days.
I've even ordered shipments of prescription drugs where the seller plainly and honestly labeled what was inside right on the box.

If there was one of each other figure left then they actually bought every figure except the two women. (MCU Thor and MCU Loki are double-packed.)
What a weirdo.

Or a non MCU collector who is getting the SDCC boxset. Both sets of Movie Thor/Loki were still there.

Hopefully Ares isn't too hard to find. I ended up 2 pieces short of the BAF last time. Never got that Crossbones or Guardian.

Arcadia re-releasing 1/3000 SDF-1 for about 36,000yen
XzUNDCh.jpg

they are also announced they will be releasing a Premium Finish Version that has paint apps and glow in the dark

comparison: premium finish vs standard
b0ClqEL.jpg

XEKrpPt.jpg
I was able to order the 1st release on clearance at HLJ for ¥23,616 five years ago...good deal until you take into account the exchange rate of of ¥75/$1US back then it's about the ¥36000 price today lol

My figma Guyver III arrived from Amazon Japan. Wicked cool figure. Super bummed goodsmile didn't announce any new figures at WF. Hopefully they're not done with Guyver figmas.

Looks awesome. Is your Guyver 1 figure the re-release they bought out a few years ago? If so, it's great that they're the right scale. Everything crossed that they announce Guyver II.

It's been 5 weeks since my Slan Figma shipped (SAL registered) time to panic?
I am in Canada btw, I have gotten stuff in 6 weeks during the holiday rush with SAL, but not in summer.

Just to let you know, my tracking has been updated to "Dispatch from outward office of exchange", so I'll let you know if it gets updated any time soon. Just with you waiting so long i thought it'd be worth knowing in case your parcel is properly lost.

Looks awesome. Is your Guyver 1 figure the re-release they bought out a few years ago? If so, it's great that they're the right scale. Everything crossed that they announce Guyver II.

Just to let you know, my tracking has been updated to "Dispatch from outward office of exchange", so I'll let you know if it gets updated any time soon. Just with you waiting so long i thought it'd be worth knowing in case your parcel is properly lost.

Let me know how it goes, PM me if possible I'll do the same.

Snaku

Banned

No, my Guyver I isn't a figma, it's the original BFC Max figure. It's slightly larger in scale than the figmas, but that's why I have him posed in the rear, bit of forced perspective.

prebuilt? now i'm interested. probably expensive as fuck.
no price yet for the "Premium Finish" version pictured above but the standard version being re-released this November retailing for 36000yen and lower pre-order prices at amiami, hlj, etc. (probably around 310USD with usual discounts)

i can imagine the premium finish being about 80-100 bucks more. maybe about 400 USD.

EDIT UPDATE:
Is it wrong that my heart skipped a beat seeing this.

Where would be a good place to pre order?
pre-order date was just announced for the standard version of the 1/3000 SDF-1
8/4/17
that's this Friday.

more pictures of standard version and info link :
http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/428606/

LiK

no price yet for the "Premium Finish" version pictured above but the standard version being re-released this November retailing for 36000yen and lower pre-order prices at amiami, hlj, etc. (probably around 310USD with usual discounts)

i can imagine the premium finish being about 80-100 bucks more. maybe about 400 USD.

Yea, no thanks, lol

it's so worth it. the 1st standard release was commanding 800-1000, (prices will drop now with the re-print)
the premium will command more. (premium will be limited print)

it's about the price of a hot toy and larger in size.

You are playing in the big leagues David, we are mortals man (˃̩̩̥ɷ˂̩̩̥)

No, my Guyver I isn't a figma, it's the original BFC Max figure. It's slightly larger in scale than the figmas, but that's why I have him posed in the rear, bit of forced perspective.

Ah, in that case the Figma I've got will be even smaller as I think they were smaller than the 2005 release ones. Still- he's smaller than GIII so all good.

Let me know how it goes, PM me if possible I'll do the same.

Of course, will do.

LiK

but LiK has piles of Hot Toys.

I've scaled back quite a bit with HT. dankir is the HT god here. His collection dwarfs mine. I'm gonna be selling off most of sealed HTs this month. Just need to catalog them and check how much they're going for now.

Also, I don't buy doubles or triples of the same expensive figures, breh. ;)

Yeah LiK just pretends to be poor to avoid toy taxes, he's not fooling anyone.

I am pretty poor.

I've scaled back quite a bit with HT. dankir is the HT god here. His collection dwarfs mine. I'm gonna be selling off most of sealed HTs this month. Just need to catalog them and check how much they're going for now.

Also, I don't buy doubles or triples of the same expensive figures, breh. ;)
i just get more of the one's i like.
Yeah LiK just pretends to be poor to avoid toy taxes, he's not fooling anyone.
yeah, i don't believe him.

Are there KOs of Avengers AoU SH Figuarts Iron Man, Thor, Cap, or Hulk?

Also, if someone has the Hulk, can you please take a pic of its face for me?

Thanks!

Are there KOs of Avengers AoU SH Figuarts Iron Man, Thor, Cap, or Hulk?

Also, if someone has the Hulk, can you please take a pic of its face for me?

Thanks!

Knockoffs?

Probably is of everything but not as much as Nendos or PAKs. The usual, if you're buying direct from China, it's probably a fake.

SHF Hulk is ugly. Figma's has a better face.

(not my pic)

Edit: Turns out there is a knock off Hulk. On AliExpress!

LiK

Knockoffs are so easy to identify on eBay. Love when I see them being sold for like $10-20 new from China. Seems most of those sellers don't even attempt to hide they're knockoffs these days.

Good lord that SH face on Hulk is bad! I want to buy it from a seller used because its a good deal, but I thought it was a KO because of the fugly face. I guess not? Lordy....

Yeah I'm getting Figma Hulk for my Avengers 1 team, I want the SH Figuarts for AoU and Civil War

Rootbeer

Banned
As someone who bought SHF Hulk before figma Hulk was even announced... I'm still salty.

This was off the heels of figma Spider-Man which was pretty disappointing, I thought there was no way a figma could be better if it were to be made.

Shit was NOT cheap either.

Knockoffs are so easy to identify on eBay. Love when I see them being sold for like $10-20 new from China. Seems most of those sellers don't even attempt to hide they're knockoffs these days.
This is generally true, but if you really want to avoid KOs for Japanese figures then give Mandarake a try. Just got my first order from them, and the whole experience was very pleasant.

LiK

This is generally true, but if you really want to avoid KOs for Japanese figures then give Mandarake a try. Just got my first order from them, and the whole experience was very pleasant.

Oh def. I'll never buy from eBay unless I cannot find it anywhere else.

- J - D -

It's hilarious, a knockoff Figma Hulk is actually just a fake Figuarts Hulk in a Figma box. xD

See, I got Scaphoid, and he is loose as shit. He doesn't stay standing up for more than five minutes. It's the ankles and hips.

I bought into their last kickstarter, so they better correct that nonsense by the time that stuff gets made.

Damn, I noticed my Scaphoid was a little loose too.

Savitar

Arcadia Premium 1/3000 SDF-1 under blacklight:
03j7d3a.jpg

Oh my freaking god, I want that, I want that so bad....

EDIT UPDATE:

pre-order date was just announced for the standard version of the 1/3000 SDF-1
8/4/17
that's this Friday.

more pictures of standard version and info link :
http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/428606/

Hmmm, that's quite a bit of change to pay for this....maybe I can win the lotto. I had to cancel on getting a version of the SDF-1 before but it's such a part of my child hood I've wanted one since I was...what, seven? Eight?

Oh my freaking god, I want that, I want that so bad....

Hmmm, that's quite a bit of change to pay for this....maybe I can win the lotto. I had to cancel on getting a version of the SDF-1 before but it's such a part of my child hood I've wanted one since I was...what, seven? Eight?

pre-orders start tonight (early morning) traditionally Arcadia pre-orders stay open for weeks so there's no rush to get in an order pre-order night. We'll see if the premium version also goes up for pre-order as well.

EDIT: pre-orders open for standard SDF-1 @

biginjapan for 35,690yen
https://www.biginjap.com/en/complet...do-you-remember-love-sdf-1-macross-13000.html

amiami for 37,670yen (yikes!)
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-032214&page=top

LiK

pre-orders start tonight (early morning) traditionally Arcadia pre-orders stay open for weeks so there's no rush to get in an order pre-order night. We'll see if the premium version also goes up for pre-order as well.

EDIT: pre-orders open for standard SDF-1 @

biginjapan for 35,690yen
https://www.biginjap.com/en/complet...do-you-remember-love-sdf-1-macross-13000.html

amiami for 37,670yen (yikes!)
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-032214&page=top

No thank you

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
"some fucking dogs"

Listen buddy. Fuck you. They are hyenas, their names are Bud and Lou. They are adorable.

harley-quinn-hyenas-gif.gif

Hyenas are the worst mammal, possibly the worst animal period.

Top Bottom