• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I can't believe what I am hearing. This is bias created by the lion king isn't it.

I think it was created by watching videos of them eating animals alive asshole-first.

FIGURE-032266_11.jpg

Did not realise they added magnets to the discs. Pretty cool. Creative people gonna be making paperclip skeletons.

KyleCross

I'm getting really fed up with BBTS in regards to my Dark Horse Ciri figure.

She released in December 2016. She now has doubled in aftermarket price. BBTS has had her marked as "Expected Release Date: October 2016" (yes, before she officially came out) . I finally shot them an email last month asking what was up and got back a very non-answer email which basically was "We'll have it when we have it." Interestingly enough not long after that email they finally changed it to "Expected Release Date: July 2017." It just changed again to "Expected Release Date: August 2017."

Considering the figure came out 8 months ago and the production run of it seems over and BBTS just keeps changing the release to the current month I guess I need to accept that BBTS is never getting her. This is my first time I bought something from them, do they have this problem often?

She released in December 2016. She now has doubled in aftermarket price. BBTS has had her marked as "Expected Release Date: October 2016" (yes, before she officially came out) . I finally shot them an email last month asking what was up and got back a very non-answer email which basically was "We'll have it when we have it." Interestingly enough not long after that email they finally changed it to "Expected Release Date: July 2017." It just changed again to "Expected Release Date: August 2017."

Considering the figure came out 8 months ago and the production run of it seems over and BBTS just keeps changing the release to the current month I guess I need to accept that BBTS is never getting her. This is my first time I bought something from them, do they have this problem often?

I've spent an obscene amount of money at BBTS and never had this problem.

LiK

Never had this problem but you should def look for her in other sites if you can. I got all the Witcher 3 statues on release from BBTS. I assume they ran outta stock and are probably waiting for more stock.

It seems if they actually sell out figures now, they get delisted on the site.

NEO0MJ

I'm another person who bought a good deal of stuff from them and never had problems. Usually if something I plan to buy from them is delayed it's because it was delayed for every distributor.

Speaking of BBTS, just got my Origin Leonidas from them! Really, really, like the look of this things. Pictures don't do the colors justice at all, they're gorgeous.

Unfortunately, it has some very loose hip joints. Supposedly the fix is easy to apply but it's still annoying, especially since the original release also had this problem.

KyleCross

Never had this problem but you should def look for her in other sites if you can. I got all the Witcher 3 statues on release from BBTS. I assume they ran outta stock and are probably waiting for more stock.

It seems if they actually sell out figures now, they get delisted on the site.

I already had, she's either sold out or her price is more than her original. So you got Ciri from BBTS? I wonder why she's still listed as "pre-order" then. Do they do that when they're expecting a restock?

LiK

I already had, she's either sold out or her price is more than her original. So you got Ciri from BBTS? I wonder why she's still listed as "pre-order" then. Do they do that when they're expecting a restock?

Yup, I dunno when they'll restock. I usually just look for something elsewhere if I can't wait.

KyleCross

Yup, I dunno when they'll restock. I usually just look for something elsewhere if I can't wait.

They're good figures, tho you're also playing the lottery with them. I had found Triss at a GameStop and her paint job was terrible, managed to find another and she was perfect. My only complaint with them beyond that is their bases. They're so huge, they really take up too much space in my Detolfs. Would be interesting to see how hard it'd be to remove them from the base and make a custom one for em.

LiK

They're good figures, tho you're also playing the lottery with them. I had found Triss at a GameStop and her paint job was terrible, managed to find another and she was perfect. My only complaint with them beyond that is their bases. They're so huge, they really take up too much space in my Detolfs. Would be interesting to see how hard it'd be to remove them from the base and make a custom one for em.

I was lucky, I bought all of them and they're all perfect. I was surprised at how inexpensive they were for the quality. But I agree, the bases are ridiculous. I just have them on the floor in the bedroom cuz I dunno where to put them, lol

Yarbskoo

Man, figma stands are so good. It seems like every time I get a figure, whether it's Animated Batman, a Bandai model kit, or my Xenoblade Skell model, I always end up trying to make it work with a spare figma stand because they're so much better than whatever the stock ones are.

LiK

MP Megs is like the best figure I've gotten all year he's insane.

Did yours come with the stupid orange plugs from places like BBTS? I noticed TFSource customer reviews said they didn't fuck with it but I emailed them anyway to make sure.

Now I'm looking at the 3rd party stuff and I am amazed at how beautiful the 3rd party companies have done with Transformers.

Did yours come with the stupid orange plugs from places like BBTS? I noticed TFSource customer reviews said they didn't fuck with it but I emailed them anyway to make sure.

Now I'm looking at the 3rd party stuff and I am amazed at how beautiful the 3rd party companies have done with Transformers.

Yeah mine did but dipping it in hot water for like five seconds loosens it and then they come right out. Not big deal.

if you don't want any orange plugs avoid BBTS and hlj

What figure line is that?

Looks like Mythic Legions.

It's not. Dunno what it is tho.

Yeah it's the second version of Vitruvian Hacks from Boss Fight Studios which are Fantasy based.

original series was Mythological.

Next line is going to be retro sci-fi and then pirates after that.

1upsuper

I'm trying to convince myself not to buy the Darius Iron Fossil Figma that's coming out very soon. It's so expensive. But it's Darius.

Top Bottom