• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

NEO0MJ

Disrespectful.

Truth hurts, don't it?

Though if you want to know why I put you in the second tier with Messi, it's that you don't seem to buy much statues or Japanese toys while Messi's collection seems to be more dedicated to a single character with few (well, not that few) purchases outside of it. Better move to a cheaper apartment if you want to get away from Messi :3

It's been 5 weeks since my Slan Figma shipped (SAL registered) time to panic?
I am in Canada btw, I have gotten stuff in 6 weeks during the holiday rush with SAL, but not in summer.

Also ordered Slan. Also in Canada.

Shipped via SAL parcel due to other things shipping with it so that could affect things, but mine arrived literally a week after I ordered. Usually takes way longer.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I am in Canada btw, I have gotten stuff in 6 weeks during the holiday rush with SAL, but not in summer.

Damn. The longest for me so far was 21 days in California.

Messi

Truth hurts, don't it?

Though if you want to know why I put you in the second tier with Messi, it's that you don't seem to buy much statues or Japanese toys while Messi's collection seems to be more dedicated to a single character with few (well, not that few) purchases outside of it. Better move to a cheaper apartment if you want to get away from Messi :3

I wish it was only Harley

hey Haloid and all, my Metal Build Seven Sword/G came in:

IZA3Lk7h.jpg

TuRRB7Dh.jpg

Messi

Hot Toys Harley got delayed another month by sideshow. Final payment is in September now. Fucking hell. At least I'll still have it before the Hulkbuster ships

Bii

Hot Toys Harley got delayed another month by sideshow. Final payment is in September now. Fucking hell. At least I'll still have it before the Hulkbuster ships

*sigh*

Was really looking forward to getting her. At least now I'll get her in my birthday month!

Rootbeer

Banned
I've been holding off on pre-ordering some items that I know won't sell out quickly because I've yet to predict how overloaded the later months of the year are going to be.

But I'm already very overwhelmed by all the items marked as December... I could go over $600 easily. It's going to be rough.

ANYWAY... whatever I roll with, one thing is for sure... just kicked off my December order with SHF JL Wonder Woman pre-order.

Has it been updated on the Japan Post site? Mines been on "Posting/Collection" since Saturday and I imagine it will be for a while. Just seems pretty tight that they just hold onto it for ages without dispatching, it doesn't make much sense just storing it.

Makes it worse knowing my mate's came through yesterday, he didn't change the delivery method so paid a bit more, but it's there already after being sent on Saturday.

I've been holding off on pre-ordering some items that I know won't sell out quickly because I've yet to predict how overloaded the later months of the year are going to be.

But I'm already very overwhelmed by all the items marked as December... I could go over $600 easily. It's going to be rough.

ANYWAY... whatever I roll with, one thing is for sure... just kicked off my December order with SHF JL Wonder Woman pre-order.

Yeah, December is going to be brutal. Actually, even leading up to December is brutal. So far I have:

Figma Red
Figma Tracer
Nendo Rapunzel
Black Convoy MP (I really shouldn't, but it looks sick)

and just added SHF Wonder Woman to it. And I haven't even pre-ordered Tienshinhan yet, and I have a feeling Revo Magneto might be around then too.

Enthus

Is anyone looking to get rid of any of Hot Toys Stormtrooper releases? I've been looking to expand my Imperial presence, have the Gunner and Jyn Disguise on pre-order, but I'm interested in some other releases as well.

I have the HT Catwoman and DX12, as well, if anyone is looking to trade for those.

Has it been updated on the Japan Post site? Mines been on "Posting/Collection" since Saturday and I imagine it will be for a while. Just seems pretty tight that they just hold onto it for ages without dispatching, it doesn't make much sense just storing it.

Makes it worse knowing my mate's came through yesterday, he didn't change the delivery method so paid a bit more, but it's there already after being sent on Saturday.
Last entry on mine on the Japan post site is from June 27th
"Dispatch from outward office of exchange" I fear my Slan just sunk in the ocean.

LiK

HT seems to be making a lot more than they used to. I still see plenty of recent figures still in stock at BBTS. Which is why I'm scaling back on preordering them unless I really want them. So far all the ones I preordered there are presoldout. I still regret not getting MoS/BvS Supes and Civil War Cap which actually sold out. But I can always get them later from resellers if I really wanted them. Prices tend to go down a little bit when the aftermarket is saturated.

LiK

SAL Registered is usually two weeks. The worst was when I accidentally picked Freight on N-Y's site and that took 2 whole months. Learned my lesson.

it also depends on what city it shipped from for SAL.

from amiami i get stuff about 2-3 weeks bc it's going via the Tokyo container.

if i order from Jungle, it's transported into the Osaka International flight and that takes forever.

it also depends on what city it shipped from for SAL.

from amiami i get stuff about 2-3 weeks bc it's going in the Tokyo container.

if i order from Jungle, it's transported into the Osaka flight and that takes forever.
Yes my amiami SAL packages always take longer than my HLJ SAL packages I always wondered why.

LiK

Never use FedEx with Nippon-Yasan. It seems to always go through US customs and gets ripped open by them for inspections. It made me stop buying from them unless they're the only ones who sell a sold out/hard to find item. Stuff was never destroyed by them but I hate the fact that my stuff was delayed and ripped open by them. It was all LE/CE stuff.

Never use FedEx with Nippon-Yasan. It seems to always go through US customs and gets ripped open by them for inspections. It made me stop buying from them unless they're the only ones who sell a sold out/hard to find item. Stuff was never destroyed by them but I hate the fact that my stuff was delayed and ripped open by them. It was all LE/CE stuff.

reminds me of a time i brought a figure from a guy in Mexico via EMS and customs ripped open the box and opened the sealed item. they even razor bladed a slash across the front artwork as a bonus.

reminds me of a time i brought a figure from a guy in Mexico via EMS and customs ripped open the box and opened the sealed item. they even razor bladed a slash across the front artwork as a bonus.

Holy crap, that's nightmare scenario, here in Canada, EMS will ALWAYS be sent to customs for inspection and if the invoice hovers around 150$ ~200$ they will make you pay tax over it.

MG310

Marvel Legends Thor Ragnarok stuff should be out at Toys R Us today. Found a case minus Ares and Young Thor

Luckily the person who got there before me is a crazy person and left Hela behind :D

dh4niel

I want to go in on Marvel Legends as I'm able to pick them up relatively easy but the difference between what they look like online and what they look like irl is massive to me. I'm super picky as it is.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Los Angeles customs doesn't seem to give a fuck. They've never caused problems for me beyond my package sitting there for a couple days.
I've even ordered shipments of prescription drugs where the seller plainly and honestly labeled what was inside right on the box.

Marvel Legends Thor Ragnarok stuff should be out at Toys R Us today. Found a case minus Ares and Young Thor

Luckily the person who got there before me is a crazy person and left Hela behind :D

If there was one of each other figure left then they actually bought every figure except the two women. (MCU Thor and MCU Loki are double-packed.)
What a weirdo.

Just got some Mythic Legion Skeletons. I'm in love.

Just so fun swapping out their parts and pieces that I think I'm going to grab some more from this line.

Number_6

Just got some Mythic Legion Skeletons. I'm in love.

Just so fun swapping out their parts and pieces that I think I'm going to grab some more from this line.

See, I got Scaphoid, and he is loose as shit. He doesn't stay standing up for more than five minutes. It's the ankles and hips.

I bought into their last kickstarter, so they better correct that nonsense by the time that stuff gets made.

Savitar

Arcadia re-releasing 1/3000 SDF-1 for about 36,000yen
XzUNDCh.jpg

they are also announced they will be releasing a Premium Finish Version that has paint apps and glow in the dark

comparison: premium finish vs standard
b0ClqEL.jpg

XEKrpPt.jpg

Is it wrong that my heart skipped a beat seeing this.

Where would be a good place to pre order?

Top Bottom