• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Vyer

Combiner Wars got me to pick up a few Transformers for the first time in years. Here's the new Megatron.

vVOvRR9.jpg

KzRRmCI.jpg

7FJeLBU.jpg

Oh I got Daredevil, that was a must get! I'm on the fence about 2099 though, I honestly don't know a lot about the character and am trying to budget my toy buying until the next wave .

Yeah Daredevil is great, Bucky Cap mold was perfect for him. 2099 was my fave of the wave though. The paint is just so good, love the blue.

Anyone in the UK have any luck finding the Hobgoblin wave? Amazon aren't stocking them yet and they only show up now and then on eBay. Seriously, if they think I'm paying £32.99 for 2099 they can jog on.

EDIT: Speaking of Transformers, oh god I need this so badly.

KingV

Anyone in the UK have any luck finding the Hobgoblin wave? Amazon aren't stocking them yet and they only show up now and then on eBay. Seriously, if they think I'm paying £32.99 for 2099 they can jog on.

EDIT: Speaking of Transformers, oh god I need this so badly.

I finally saw hobgoblin wave locally at a Wal-Mart... But it was only Spidey, and he wasn't even on a peg. I didn't pick it up, I figure the pizza Spidey will be available for cheap in a few months. Woul have picked up 2099 or Daredevil immediately.

LiK

Hot Toys 1/4 baby Groot arrived. He is pretty tiny. Much smaller than I expected. Felt a lil guilty paying $50 for it, lol

I think it would've been much better as a 1/2 scale at least.

Hot Toys 1/4 baby Groot arrived. He is pretty tiny. Much smaller than I expected. Felt a lil guilty paying $50 for it, lol

I think it would've been much better as a 1/2 scale at least.

Just saw a picture of it on Facebook. Wow, it's about half as small as I expected it to be.

Quick question about the pizza Spidey Marvel Legends:
Is there a quality control issue for paint on this guy? The lower torso on every single one I've seen has some really weird scuffs and scratched-off paint. :/

Also, what's everyone's "go-to" Iron Man figure at the moment? Thanks!

hunchback

How do you post pics. I searched for a thread. I finally put some of my figures up on Imugr. I have never had a reason to post pics until now.

Y3pgFXn.jpg

Getting closer. What option do I want when selecting what type of link I want for my picture at Imugr. My apologies for sucking at this.

You choose direct link from Imgur. Quote my post to see how it is set up.

NWJcwEn.jpg

If you want to make the image smaller put the quote tags around the img tags.

Thats how I learned how to do things here is just quoting other peoples posts to see the setup.

Apharmd

S.H. Figuarts is doing War Machine Mk II as well.

Bad news: they're doing it as a p-bandai shop exclusive, meaning that you have to preorder it months in advance and most likely pay a bit extra (around $75 total to get the figure?)

hunchback

For large images it's best to wrap it in a quote tag. Doing that scales it down on the page and then anyone can click on it to view the full size.

So in your case:

Code:
[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NEySiqz.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Thank you. I'll have it next time. You have been a huge help.

Latest arrivals!
zPR6xja.jpg

Beautiful additions!
If money were no object I'd jump on Stark and Falcon as well as Cap 2 Pack.

My problem is my LCS just got in Heartbreaker, Cap 2 Pack and Starlord...all of which are must buys. Which means I have to pass on the likes of Stark and Falcon. Damn my lack of money, and the fact that it'd be a stupid amount of money to buy them all in one go.

I'm wondering if I should get one of those Marvel Legends AoU Hulks. I doubt I'm getting the Figuarts version without paying an absolute fortune.

Rootbeer

Banned
Nice job! I managed to pre-order SHF Hulk, Cap, Mk 45, Mk 43, RotJ Luke and Vader. I'm still debating on ordering Thor or not... I kinda have to since I'm getting the others. But he's the least good looking of the bunch for me.

I don't know what it is about MCU Thor, but he seems really hard to capture in figure form outside of the ultra high end figures.

His figure doesn't look bad it just isn't drawing me in like I think it could.

Figma Thor still looks better to me, it looks more like Hemsworth and it wears my favourite Thor's suit, chain mail Thor is best Thor, I like that version of hot toys better than the new one as well

Nice job! I managed to pre-order SHF Hulk, Cap, Mk 45, Mk 43, RotJ Luke and Vader. I'm still debating on ordering Thor or not... I kinda have to since I'm getting the others. But he's the least good looking of the bunch for me.

I don't know what it is about MCU Thor, but he seems really hard to capture in figure form outside of the ultra high end figures.

His figure doesn't look bad it just isn't drawing me in like I think it could.
Luckily I managed to get Mk 43 and Vader off CdJapan a few months back. Wish I'd have got Luke though, might check CDJapan actually. I managed to nab a preorder for the Godzilla reissue too which I'm happy about :D

I'm the same about Thor, it's just not wow-ing me like the others for some reason.

Speaking of Star Wars I definitely need to get that PAK Variant Boba Fett.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly I just want Pit more than the others but lol not for the prices he's going for. Will wait on a sale for Samus.

I missed Pit, Dark Pit, and Charizard before they jumped to $150+ each. Huge holes in my Smash collection. :(

Top Bottom