• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Shitty picture but these arrived today (this is the new released Joker. Which to my understanding means it corrected the joint issues with him):

iyQ2rNYHW9mxz.jpg

Strike Suit Cap should be here next week from Hot Toys. As will the Hot Toys Stormtrooper! Woo!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Shitty picture but these arrived today (this is the new released Joker. Which to my understanding means it corrected the joint issues with him):

iyQ2rNYHW9mxz.jpg

Strike Suit Cap should be here next week from Hot Toys. As will the Hot Toys Stormtrooper! Woo!

Geez! Man-Bat's wing span is massive!

Does anybody know if there are any pics of the SH Figuarts version? I know it's just going to be a repaint of Iron Patriot but I wouldn't mind having it still.

iyQ2rNYHW9mxz.jpg

I got the Joker two days ago. The joint 'holes' are gone. It's a nice figure but the Joker is such an emotive character it doesn't quite capture that. The sculpt is certainly sinister.

KingV

I got the Joker two days ago. The joint 'holes' are gone. It's a nice figure but the Joker is such an emotive character it doesn't quite capture that. The sculpt is certainly sinister.

I am thinking of picking up the Injustice Joker from SH figuarts. I really like the sculpt (and accessories).

Got the Marvel Select Carnage and
tumblr_mtpo0gp5S61siaq1oo1_400.gif

this thing is so damn cool. The articulation is amazing for a Marvel Select.You get 3 interchangeable heads, 2 pairs of hands, and 9 symbiotic tendrils to attach to the figure. An amazing figure and the best Carnage action figure ever.

Drayco21

When is this coming out? And where can i find this picture?

All we know is that it comes out sometime late this year. Sounds like it's going to be TRU exclusive.

Picture seems to have originated on The Fwoosh forums? I've seen it reposted by people on Facebook, on /toy/ and on a couple other marvel collecting forums I visit.

All we know is that it comes out sometime late this year. Sounds like it's going to be TRU exclusive.

Picture seems to have originated on The Fwoosh forums? I've seen it reposted by people on Facebook, on /toy/ and on a couple other marvel collecting forums I visit.

Sweet thanks for the info. I Found the photo on Fwoosh just now. Someone Said it will be 119.

Drayco21

Sweet thanks for the info. I Found the photo on Fwoosh just now. Someone Said it will be 119.

That stands out as really weird to me. The TRU exclusive X-Men set had five full figures for $80- even if you factor Groot being bigger than the others, I'd think Rocket being so much smaller and with less articulation would balance that out.

I mean, I'll shell out $120 for the best Guardians team, but that price seems kinda obtuse for what this pack is.

Edit:

Looks like it's still just an internal mock-up- that'd make sense if it's still so far off from release. Hopefully they don't change too much about it.

That stands out as really weird to me. The TRU exclusive X-Men set had five full figures for $80- even if you factor Groot being bigger than the others, I'd think Rocket being so much smaller and with less articulation would balance that out.

I mean, I'll shell out $120 for the best Guardians team, but that price seems kinda obtuse for what this pack is.

Edit:

Looks like it's still just an internal mock-up- that'd make sense if it's still so far off from release. Hopefully they don't change too much about it.

I know the pricing is off for what you get in the pack. That would be cool if it was priced like the X-men box set. Speaking of how is that box set? have heard its okay. Its it worth 60?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Watching the Star Wars Celebration livestream and they just showed a few prototypes and some concept art for the Movie Realization line. How many stormtroopers am I going to buy. Apparently, a lot. :\

Rootbeer

Banned
Watching the Star Wars Celebration livestream and they just showed a few prototypes and some concept art for the Movie Realization line. How many stormtroopers am I going to buy. Apparently, a lot. :\

Yes, sorry I forgot to post it here!

www.starwars.com front page

-or-

www.youtube.com/starwars

they showed sideshow stuff earlier and some other high-end collectibles like a really sweet looking yoda puppet that looked close to movie accurate (Ep V)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Those new GotG Legends are amazing, but I'm fine with my movie ones. Dat BAF Groot.

Drayco21

Yes, sorry I forgot to post it here!

www.starwars.com front page

-or-

www.youtube.com/starwars

they showed sideshow stuff earlier and some other high-end collectibles like a really sweet looking yoda puppet that looked close to movie accurate (Ep V)

Any word on Hasbro's stuff yet? I saw the prototype Ahsoka Black Series- really hoping to see them get it together again after a couple really sleepy years of weak 3 3/4" figures and terrible Black Series distribution.

Rootbeer

Banned
i've been looking at schedules and haven't found anything that mentions hasbro specifically... hopefully i'm just overlooking it

it is unlikely they will show force awakens stuff... supposedly a lot of those reveals will be at SDCC or around that time

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
BETTER WATCH YOUR WALLET, KID.

I'm going to need a lot more Arrowverse characters. And more DC figures in general. Definitely picking up the new Oliver, Barry, Deadshot, and Diggle.

KingV

For you marvel legends collectors, what's everybody's strategy for completing BAF sets?

I'm starting to see some of the Hobgoblin set in stores, but have avoided pulling the trigger until I see a daredevil or 2099, since I know they are the harder ones to find. Are most of you buying piecemeal, or just buying a case at some point?

I bought a case of green goblin BAF sets, because it ended up being cheaper than chasing down Carnage... And buying the more easily available figures.

Drayco21

For you marvel legends collectors, what's everybody's strategy for completing BAF sets?

I'm starting to see some of the Hobgoblin set in stores, but have avoided pulling the trigger until I see a daredevil or 2099, since I know they are the harder ones to find. Are most of you buying piecemeal, or just buying a case at some point?

I bought a case of green goblin BAF sets, because it ended up being cheaper than chasing down Carnage... And buying the more easily available figures.

The Hunt is a big part of the experience for me, so I pretty much never buy cases, even though I really should. So far, the only figures I haven't found since I started collecting Legends are the X-Men wave that was notoriously undershipped (and since I worked at the local TRU at the time, I'm pretty certain my only local store never even got a shipment to begin with), so I just buy piecemeal.

KingV

The Hunt is a big part of the experience for me, so I pretty much never buy cases, even though I really should. So far, the only figures I haven't found since I started collecting Legends are the X-Men wave that was notoriously undershipped (and since I worked at the local TRU at the time, I'm pretty certain my only local store never even got a shipment to begin with), so I just buy piecemeal.

Ah, see, I'm different. I hate the hunt. My biggest nuisance with build a figure type stuff is that invariably some figures are rare, and it's a nuisance to find them.

My other pet peeve is occasionally I end up with a figure I could just care less about that I pick up to complete the BAF. That said, I also don't really want to buy a case and end up with dupes or pay more than retail for anything

I saw Spider-man 2099 at my local Walmart they had 4 of them. I also saw him and the Thanos Wave at Target. I plan on going to the store after I get from work on Sunday I am going to scoop 2099 and see if they have a daredevil.

KingV

I really like the paint on 2099. The elongated torso is a little weird, but the metallic blue paint is awesome. 2099 spiderman was definitely the best 2099 character.. Except for Ravage 2099 of course.

Sobriquet

I saw Spider-man 2099 at my local Walmart they had 4 of them. I also saw him and the Thanos Wave at Target. I plan on going to the store after I get from work on Sunday I am going to scoop 2099 and see if they have a daredevil.

I've seen 2099 around. I've never seen Daredevil, unfortunately.

Picked up the whole Thanos BAF series last week at Wal-Mart.

Drayco21

I really like the paint on 2099. The elongated torso is a little weird, but the metallic blue paint is awesome. 2099 spiderman was definitely the best 2099 character.. Except for Ravage 2099 of course.

Punisher 2099 was hilarious and Ghost Rider 2099 had a really cool design. I still hope we get figures of them one day, as unlikely as that ever is.

Cptkrush

Select Thanos is waaaaaaay out of scale for Marvel Legends. He's not as big as you think. Also, Legends Thanos is dope as hell. Easily one of my favorite figures.

KingV

Select Thanos is waaaaaaay out of scale for Marvel Legends. He's not as big as you think. Also, Legends Thanos is dope as hell. Easily one of my favorite figures.

I feel like thanks is one of those characters who has been drawn very inconsistently over the years. Depending on the creative team, he appears to be high side of six feet to near 8 feet tall. I don't have a strong feel for his right height.

Flintty

S.H.Figuarts Darth Maul!

Darth Maul looks awesome! I've been trying to resist getting sucked into 1/6 Star Wars figures because Marvel is costing me too much but I'm very tempted to go all in for the Figurats. I've never had any of their figures before. Are they pretty decent?

Top Bottom