• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Images of SH Fuguarts Bruce Lee:
SDCC2015-Tamashii-SH-Figuarts-Bruce-Lee-013.jpg

SDCC2015-Tamashii-SH-Figuarts-Bruce-Lee-010.jpg

SDCC2015-Tamashii-SH-Figuarts-Bruce-Lee-006.jpg

Cptkrush

Yo, how did DC get away with stealth announcing a new 6" line directly analogous to Marvel Legends without anyone but The Fwoosh noticing it?

First wave apparently hits Jan. next year. Using the Multiverse name like the 3 3/4" guys, so it's mixing live action and other media versions of characters with comics.

CW Flash, CW Reverse Flash, CW Arrow, New 52 Joker, Earth 2 Val-Zod Superman in the first wave, with New 52 Justice Buster Batman armor for the Build-A-Figure.

Ehhh these aren't really comparable to marvel legends, and the articulation looks real bad. You're better off looking at the DC Icons figures due out in November
DCC_Icon_Breakdown_54f8a09008ac61.27389811.jpg

Cptkrush

I just hope that when they talk about the figures not having upper thigh swivels, and saying that fans will be happy with what they've come up with, that there will be some sort of thigh movement there. Other than that, the figures look absolutely perfect articulation and sculpt wise. I have most of them pre ordered, and I don't even like DC lol

curb

Banned
Probably wont end up being made, remember when they were going to do the Bat from Dark Knight Rises

I haven't been following their stuff for that long so I didn't know if that was something that they'd produce. That would be amazing to own
for a ridiculous sum of money

I'm super bummed Hot Toys didn't show any figures from the MGSV line-up. I was hoping at least Big Boss would be shown. Oh well, back to waiting - for both the game and the figures.

I haven't been following their stuff for that long so I didn't know if that was something that they'd produce. That would be amazing to own
for a ridiculous sum of money

at one point they were going to do a 1/6 scale version of the Bat but it was too big so instead they are going to do a 1/12 scale version instead. I can only imagine how much that Tie Fighter will cost if it really is 1/6 scale

tumblr_m7t8fviJx01r4ro9so1_1280.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
as I said before, that Rock Black Adam figure is so awesome.

That is by far the best looking Black Adam figure EVER -- I am really excited about the DC Icons line. They seem to be addressing most if not all of the articulation complaints people have had.

But Black Adam deserves an equally awesome Shazam figure. I am not very fond of any of the Shazam figures we've gotten since The New 52 launched. Give us a Shazam in this style PRONTO.

dankir

at one point they were going to do a 1/6 scale version of the Bat but it was too big so instead they are going to do a 1/12 scale version instead. I can only imagine how much that Tie Fighter will cost if it really is 1/6 scale

This is how big the original 1/6 BAT was.

c0018492_18592316.jpg

If you've never seen the 1/6 Tumbler in person it's fucking huge, the Bat is even bigger

hottoysanicom1.jpeg

It would have been like 2 grand or something

09-noscale.jpg

Hahah. I'm banking on $900-$1100 if it does get produced? FLEX PAY FTW!

I have the 1/6th scale tumble, the DeLorean from Back to the Future on the way next year and I'll get that thing as well.

....now where the hell to put them all!

Fjordson

Holy shit lol. Who would even buy that.

I mean it probably would have looked sweet, but I don't have anywhere to put shit that big.

Awwwwww yis.

Time to buy myself a new Spiderman toy. Havent done so in years! They always keep pretending Peter Parker is Spiderman for some reason...

I know, I don't have a Spider-man in my collection besides the 2099 one.
I would love if Hasbro gave us a Noir Spider-man:
spiderman_noir_by_nikoalecsovich-d6y02tm.png

tumblr_lyh3cu9c4k1r25d69o2_1280.jpg

They are making one, but only in the 4 inch Marvel Universe line, which im not a fan of it. hopefully somewhere down the road we will get one for the Marvel Legends line.

Drayco21

I know, I don't have a Spider-man in my collection besides the 2099 one.
I would love if Hasbro gave us a Noir Spider-man:

They are making one, but only in the 4 inch Marvel Universe line, which im not a fan of it. hopefully somewhere down the road we will get one for the Marvel Legends line.

There's a lot of one year off cross pollination between the lines. Like, a year ago we were getting Wasp and Grim Reaper as MU figures, now we're getting Legends of the same costumes. This year we got Machine Man as a really weird, out of nowhere Legends figure, and it wasn't even Nextwave Machine Man, and they just showed an MU not Nextwave Machine Man for next year.

I feel like them making a MU at all means that there's a good chance of us getting one in the next year. Especially if they keep this up; it seems like they want to have the Spidey Legends running at all times, even when there's not a movie to promote.

Heads up, for anyone who might be interested: NECA is finally re-releasing their 19 inch Classic Predator, from the first 1987 movie. This Predator action figure was long out of production and used figures on Ebay are regularly going for $280+.

This is really a huge opportunity for those of us who've always wanted a huge, detailed figure of the original Predator but didn't want to pay the hiked up ebay prices.

BBTS link.

There's a lot of one year off cross pollination between the lines. Like, a year ago we were getting Wasp and Grim Reaper as MU figures, now we're getting Legends of the same costumes. This year we got Machine Man as a really weird, out of nowhere Legends figure, and it wasn't even Nextwave Machine Man, and they just showed an MU not Nextwave Machine Man for next year.

I feel like them making a MU at all means that there's a good chance of us getting one in the next year. Especially if they keep this up; it seems like they want to have the Spidey Legends running at all times, even when there's not a movie to promote.

Yeah I never took notice of that until what you posted. I guess you could use this as a method for figuring out what MU or Marvel Legends Action figure are going to be coming out next. I also am happy that the Spider-Man Marvel Legends have such prominence in the Legends line.

Spider-Man has some of the oddest Villains and Allies, and we would never see these obscure, lesser known characters if not for Marvel Legends. It is also a good chance for those who didn't collect during the Toy biz Era of Marvel Legends , to pick up some of the Action figures that are pricier and hard to find. 2015 and beyond are going to be great years for collectors!

Heads up, for anyone who might be interested: NECA is finally re-releasing their 19 inch Classic Predator, from the first 1987 movie. This Predator action figure was long out of production and used figures on Ebay are regularly going for $280+.

This is really a huge opportunity for those of us who've always wanted a huge, detailed figure of the original Predator but didn't want to pay the hiked up ebay prices.

BBTS link.

yep this is a day 1 purchase for me. I have the City Hunter but was always pissed I missed out on the original. Glad I waited

Drayco21

Top Bottom