• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

iqubal

Banned
Question. I want to get a 1/6 joker and wondering if anyone has every put a figure together from scratch. For example, I can get the suit, body and head etc from 3 different sellers.

Suit:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/161673396134?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Head:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/131548495245?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Body:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/111414170003?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Anyone ever try this method? As the heath ledger hot toys joker is way too pricey now lol

Thanks!

Warning to whoever is thinking of buying the Arkham Knight Batmobile from Amazon: their release has no electronics, doesn't transform, and doesn't include a figure.

Success is due they think is in part to that they are listening to fans.
More retail exclusives this year than any other year.
Starts with a thank you to fans.
Sizzle video now.
Kind of a process on the figures start to finish.
Ant Man posters shown on screen.
Talking about SDCC 2015 Exclusives now.
Captain America: Civil War 6″ figures – 2016
New packaging style.
Red Skull Onslaught figure shown – From AXIS comic story
Wave 2 – Nuke
Spider-Man 2016 Wave showing now.
Wave 1 Spider-Man 2016 Info:
Venom has 2 heads.
Spider Carnage revealed.
Superior Foes shown. See previous pics for those.
3.75″ Figures for 2016 being talked about and shown now.
Crowd not pleased about this.
3.75″ – Trident, Spider-Man, Iron Fist, Iron Man Mark I, Yulik, Captain Marvel, Yanduu
Gamora revealed – fans choice winner.
Yellow Daredevil. Armored Spider Man. Living Laser. New Vision figure. Rage.
Comic book 2-packs return in 2016.
Showing previously revealed figures now
Reveals now – Wave 2:
Spider Man and Scarlett Spider
Hyperion dark version and Supreme Power version
Classic green white Captain Marvel and Mohawk head Captain Marvel
Fans Choice award winners:
Symbiote Spider-Man won fan vote today
3.75″ Sneak peaks
Dog – Lockjaw (fork on head)
6″ Sneak Peaks:
Abomination
Namor – New sculpt, crew apologizes for previous release.
How big is Abomination? Maybe a little bigger than Build-A-Figure Rhino.
End of presentation.

DSC09782.jpg

DSC09784.jpg

DSC09786.jpg

DSC09790.jpg

DSC09791.jpg

DSC09793.jpg

DSC09794.jpg

DSC09796.jpg

DSC09797.jpg

DSC09799.jpg

DSC09808.jpg

DSC09807.jpg

DSC09803.jpg

DSC09805.jpg

DSC09818.jpg

DSC09821.jpg

DSC09815.jpg

Alot of damn figures for the next few years

curb

Banned
I haven't been really interested in the 3.75 Marvel figures but I may try and get the Captain Marvel and the lady Thor.

Totally. One of the best Spidey games ever too. I went back to it recently and it's still holds up alright too.

I know I played sometime last month and was surprised by how well it played. I also loved it because it had so many villains and allies, that were never seen in a Spider-man or Marvel game again. An underrated Superhero game for sure.

Ah man.. too much good stuff at once. That Thundercats stuff, Masters of the universe, DC lines and ML.. sploosh..

That red skull onslaught fig, should come with a regular onslaught head. I really wouldn't mind them releasing a pack of alternate heads, and such.

curb

Banned
Ah man.. too much good stuff at once. That Thundercats stuff, Masters of the universe, DC lines and ML.. sploosh..

That red skull onslaught fig, should come with a regular onslaught head. I really wouldn't mind them releasing a pack of alternate heads, and such.

I missed the Thundercats stuff. Did something get announced?

Fjordson

Yep,

3A has a 2000AD line coming out for any Judge Dredd fans

Theres the Mezco Judge coming out, and now this. Im not sure which to get.

The Mezco Dark Knight was about $100 CAD, but so amazing. If 3A can get something that good but cheeper. I might go with them.

http://news.toyark.com/2015/07/10/sdcc-2015-3a-2000ad-figures-166887
The Mezco Dredd looks pretty dope. And it's only $65 on Big Bad ($70 for the Cursed Earth one). Is there anywhere to see the 3A one?

Fjordson

Oh oops, thanks.

Tough to decide, they both look good.

Maybe I'll keep my cursed earth variant pre-order from Mezco for next month and possibly get the regular one from 3A whenever it drops (I've read on Twitter that their shit can get delayed a lot).

yami4ct

I got the Protectobots in the mail today and I had to talk about them because they're so cool.

Starting with the individual bots and they're easily my favorite complete set released so far. Blades and First Aid feel like the real intended uses of their molds. They both have a ton of personality. First Aid in particular is such an impressive remold. Almost every body panel for the car has been touched. The toy shares a chest and skeleton with Offroad, but that's about it. It's one of the most extensive remolds I've seen. I wish they had done something with Blades' missiles as a rescue helicopter with weapons seems silly, but Hot Spot is a firetruck with guns so that's a theme with the whole group, haha.

Rook and Hot Spot are the two new molds of the group and they are both so cool. I'm glad the fandom is accepting Rook more than Alpha Bravo because that figure is great. He fits right in with the group and it makes sense to take the car sized police bike out. Hot Spot is easily the best combiner core yet. The vehicle mode is cool and the robot is even cooler. He does suffer with feeling quite a bit more fragile than the past combiner cores. It definitely feels like the ladder connection could be delicate and the way the knees works is odd. He also has the same hip problems ever core has had. One ratchet click out is too wide spread and default is completely legs together straight. Overall, though, he's just so cool these problems go away.

Onto his combined mode and he gets even better. The transformation of Hot Spot is just so inventive and cool. I like the way the back of Hot Spot is the front of Defensor. He also has a ton of personality. The head sculpt is so spot on and I love the hockey goalie proportions. He's just so cool.

If I had a couple problems, the first would be his top heaviness causes him to lean forward. Going back one click on the hip fixes this on mine, but it could be better. Also, his combined gun is terrible. I've settled on leaving them uncombined and underslung on his arms. I like to think of them as water guns that help his rescue missions.

Defensor is easily the best in the series. The only one that has a chance to beat it is Takara's Bruticus if it comes with their own shuttle Blast Off mold as has been hinted at. He's just so damn cool. I honestly can't really think of a complaint that really detracts. If you like Transformers, you should have this set.

SUPARSTARX

Question. I want to get a 1/6 joker and wondering if anyone has every put a figure together from scratch. For example, I can get the suit, body and head etc from 3 different sellers.

Suit:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/161673396134?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Head:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/131548495245?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Body:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/111414170003?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Anyone ever try this method? As the heath ledger hot toys joker is way too pricey now lol

Thanks!

Yeah, you can kit bash together a pretty good Joker off those separate pieces.

I missed out on the Bank Robber Joker 2.0 and will probably bash together one myself later on. $300 is a bit much for it.

I've stayed away from premium figures from movies and stuff because there's not really a character I care enough about to pay $200+. But this is making me wish I saw this earlier before it became harder to find:

UUC8hqG.jpg

The horse isn't great but he looks so damn regal on it!

Hagi

I bought the Mafex Amazing Spider-man 2 figure when i was in Japan last week and wow I think this is one of the best toys I've ever owned, it's absolutely fantastic. I only got the standard version so I didn't get all the extra shit like the skateboard or magnetic hands and feet but it's not like it matters this things poses like a motherfucker. The web accessories are the only things I really need and they look great.

I'm hyped to open my Mafex Batman that I got there as well.

Zombine

Banned
I've stayed away from premium figures from movies and stuff because there's not really a character I care enough about to pay $200+. But this is making me wish I saw this earlier before it became harder to find:

UUC8hqG.jpg

The horse isn't great but he looks so damn regal on it!

Who is that? Guan Yu?

Drayco21

Stopped in at TRU today, and they had a full case of Ant-Man figures sitting out. Skipped Tigershark and Bulldozer, but I picked up the rest of the wave- these are really fun figures, I'll try to take some pictures later.

This is really the series to test whether I've gone off the deep end with Legends yet; I actively hate Spader's Ultron, I don't have the rest of the Wrecking Crew, and I have no interest in Tigershark, so the only reason to finish the wave would be to appease some insane completionist need.

I'm sure I'll break down; Marvel Legends are my drug, and I'm always looking for a fix.

DemiMatt

I've been toying with the idea of clearing out my 1/6 figure collection. I only have like 20 pieces or so left, and I'm thinking it might be nice to have less stuff. Anyone else have any insight on this?

Did it improve your life, did you go back?

Top Bottom