• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Got my Iron Man Mark VII Stealth today. I love the mix of glossy, matte, and transparent blacks it has. It feels really delicate though. I feel like I'm going to break or scratch it just by holding it. Also, the face mask wouldn't stay on at all, which I later figured out was because the magnet had come unglued. Easy fix though. All in all it's a fantastic figure. I'll try and post some pics tomorrow.

Bloodember

Posted this in the Transformers thread, thought everyone here would like to see them also, I mean they are action figures (robots) after all.

Went to Toys R Us today in Columbus and they had one Devastator and one Cyclonus. Unfortunately for my wallet they had 0 of them when I left.

The loot.
19167668063_27f088216f_h.jpg[

Stopped in at TRU today, and they had a full case of Ant-Man figures sitting out. Skipped Tigershark and Bulldozer, but I picked up the rest of the wave- these are really fun figures, I'll try to take some pictures later.

This is really the series to test whether I've gone off the deep end with Legends yet; I actively hate Spader's Ultron, I don't have the rest of the Wrecking Crew, and I have no interest in Tigershark, so the only reason to finish the wave would be to appease some insane completionist need.

I'm sure I'll break down; Marvel Legends are my drug, and I'm always looking for a fix.

Something about that Ultron BAF looks off to me. I like the Marvel Select one much better.

Posted this in the Transformers thread, thought everyone here would like to see them also, I mean they are action figures (robots) after all.

Went to Toys R Us today in Columbus and they had one Devastator and one Cyclonus. Unfortunately for my wallet they had 0 of them when I left.

The loot.

Awesome. I have that Devastator on order. Anxious to get it so I can set it up with my re-issue Devastator.

He just looks so sad. Between his mopey frown, his thousand yard stare and his lack of arms right now, I kinda love him for it- to the point that, even if I finish the series, I don't know that I'll give him the arms.

haha he looks like he's contemplating jumping off the edge lol

aparisi2274

Finally bought a display case today and put all my figures out...

19803676922_b7d464de89_c.jpg

19622970660_e0e21af1fc_c.jpg

19811005505_7531f7d312_c.jpg

19815822331_71f4f2d29e_c.jpg

Looking at MP Megatron makes realize how crappy of an MP he was... I really wish Takara does a new one that is more in line with the Apollyon 3rd party out there... If not, I may need to get the Apollyon figure to replace this one.

LiK

Got my Iron Man Mark VII Stealth today. I love the mix of glossy, matte, and transparent blacks it has. It feels really delicate though. I feel like I'm going to break or scratch it just by holding it. Also, the face mask wouldn't stay on at all, which I later figured out was because the magnet had come unglued. Easy fix though. All in all it's a fantastic figure. I'll try and post some pics tomorrow.

Damn. Mine arrives on Monday but I have to go to a wake. Gonna need to reschedule delivery with UPS and that will cost me $5. Oh well.

Bloodember

Finally bought a display case today and put all my figures out...

Looking at MP Megatron makes realize how crappy of an MP he was... I really wish Takara does a new one that is more in line with the Apollyon 3rd party out there... If not, I may need to get the Apollyon figure to replace this one.

Looks like someone bought a detolf.

Fjordson

Anyone have these samurai Star Wars figures from Bandai (figuarts)?

I'm only just finding out about them for reason, they look awesome. Of course they're basically sold out everywhere now at their original price. Just some listings for over $100.

Anyone have these samurai Star Wars figures from Bandai (figuarts)?

I'm only just finding out about them for reason, they look awesome. Of course they're basically sold out everywhere now at their original price. Just some listings for over $100.

They're not out yet, only at the preorder stage and many are already sold out I'm afraid. Not set to release until August. Though I've seen some places have them in stock as a early release.

I've finally ordered Marvel Legends HulkBuster and AoU Hulk after weeks wondering whether I want to buy it or not. I hope HulkBuster is good. I was really tempted for Figurearts Hulkbuster but after seeing the price, it's simply out of my reach. so I'll settle with just Marvel Legends version.

also, now that I've ordered a new Hulk from AoU line. my previous Avengers Hulk has gone obsolete, so I decided to try painting it a little bit, if it come out horrible, it's not gonna stay in my display shelf anyway. I want to try add a little bit shading since the original toy had flat green paint even though the sculpt musculature itself is pretty great imo. so what do you guys think for the work in progress? it's a bit messy, but I honestly kinda like it.

I may actually be tempted to try touch up my other Marvel Legends.

NEO0MJ

He's less than perfect, that's for sure. Plus the whole rust thing is so annoying. They should stop adding cartoon accurate gimmicks that do nothing but hurt a figure.

I've finally ordered Marvel Legends HulkBuster and AoU Hulk after weeks wondering whether I want to buy it or not. I hope HulkBuster is good. I was really tempted for Figurearts Hulkbuster but after seeing the price, it's simply out of my reach. so I'll settle with just Marvel Legends version.

also, now that I've ordered a new Hulk from AoU line. my previous Avengers Hulk has gone obsolete, so I decided to try painting it a little bit, if it come out horrible, it's not gonna stay in my display shelf anyway. I want to try add a little bit shading since the original toy had flat green paint even though the sculpt musculature itself is pretty great imo. so what do you guys think for the work in progress? it's a bit messy, but I honestly kinda like it.

What paint do you use? The shading would look nice and be reminiscent of the ToyBiz Marvel Legends. I think it looks amazing so far.

Replicant

They're not out yet, only at the preorder stage and many are already sold out I'm afraid. Not set to release until August. Though I've seen some places have them in stock as a early release.

I thought Vader + Death Star base are out already. I got it last month. Ditto with Storm Trooper. I only have Maul left on preorder.

Unless you're talking about Nendoroid. Neither Vader nor Stormtrooper are out yet.

What paint do you use? The shading would look nice and be reminiscent of the ToyBiz Marvel Legends. I think it looks amazing so far.
Just your usual acrylic paint. black+green acrylic paint with lots of water to use as the wash, then a little bit lighter green with no water and use as dry brush for the highlight.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
You two fighting over OT2 when the only guy with something in the OP is just waiting to take it.

So silly.

Your contribution was the "This thread is still under construction" part, right?

I like your write-ups. :p

Fjordson

Ah okay. Man I'm pissed at how slow I was on them, they look so awesome. Hopefully they do more in the future.

Rootbeer

Banned
Hot Toys 1/6th scale Millennium Falcon incoming. Apparently it is an exhibit not an actual product they will be selling. But who knows?

10818395_10152951943477344_2477933609017506861_o.jpg

On July 24 – 28, Hot Toys will once again be participating in Ani-Com and Games Hong Kong (ACGHK), the biggest pop-culture event in Hong Kong!

This year Hot Toys is partnering up with The Walt Disney Company (Hong Kong) to bring the biggest Star Wars presence in the event where a number of Star Wars collectibles by Hot Toys and life-size exhibits will be on display! Starting today we will give fans some sneak peek of what to expect at ACGHK!

Recently Hot Toys has showcased an impressive 1/6th scale Millennium Falcon cockpit at San Diego Comic-Con which has already fascinated many Star Wars fans! But we are not stopping there yet, as a complete and highly detail 1/6th scale Millennium Falcon measuring close to 18 feet (5.5 meters) long by 12 feet (3.7 meters) wide will actually be making an appearance at ACGHK! Its sheer astonishing presence will surely captured any fans’ attention!

If you want to see this spectacular exhibit in person, then you have to come to Hot Toys’ booth (E15-16) at ACGHK in Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre this week!

I hope Hasbro does a 1:12 scale version this year for their Black Series figures.

I received my SDCC Batman Superman Mattel Movie Masters today. Already swapped out the soft goods cape on Supes for a more accurate custom. Bats is going to be a bit hard but overall I think due the nature of the cape application it's going to look miles better. I post my progress and some comparison shots when both are ready.

I received my SDCC Batman Superman Mattel Movie Masters today. Already swapped out the soft goods cape on Supes for a more accurate custom. Bats is going to be a bit hard but overall I think due the nature of the cape application it's going to look miles better. I post my progress and some comparison shots when both are ready.

looking forward to the pics

looking forward to the pics

Golly, I need a better camera.

xyE2Poph.jpg

Here's a comparison between the MOS release and BVS release. The only parts that haven't been changed are the arms and thighs. The rest are slightly altered for the new design of the suit. The cape that came with it was a awful plastic/poly soft goods nightmare. I just swapped it out for a red cotton fabric cape.

wk8tRR7h.jpg

Batman's cape was also naff. So I went with a shiny Lycra legging fabric that kept the leather look but scaled nicely with the 1:12 scale. His belt was also far too bright so I painted it black and then dry washed it with a bronze acrylic to match the SDCC display suit. I might go in and darken the grey of the suit but I'll wait until I see more footage before committing to that.

And the rest is just a little fun.

H9S5ycyh.jpg

naPdLLlh.jpg

qJ4tYqJh.jpg

h1euYKS.jpg

oQyJkIxh.jpg

9UFpj4Oh.jpg

88lJJwKh.jpg

Last picture just for scale. Batman is a full head taller than TDK Bats in the same line. No doubt to scale him as taller than Supes...

Batman would actually look great if the eyes were a bit smaller or just less white paint.

I imagine when the line is sold separately more effort will be made on the smaller details. The paint app of the display models at SDCC were much better but it could go either way. I may give the cowl a wash just to dull the eyes slightly...I'm hesitant though.

dankir

Hot Toys 1/6th scale Millennium Falcon incoming. Apparently it is an exhibit not an actual product they will be selling. But who knows?

10818395_10152951943477344_2477933609017506861_o.jpg

I hope Hasbro does a 1:12 scale version this year for their Black Series figures.

18 FT long by 12 FT wide... jesus.

So when will they make a 1/6 Imperial class start destroyers lol aren't those a couple miles long?

This dude made a 1/15635 scale of one Super Star Destroyer and its still 3.5 ft long.
eclipse_firma2_by_boba_it-d84d9jl.jpg

Does anyone know if the Dc Collectibles Icons will use that shitty, clear plastic for the joints? If so that would most likely cause me to not bother picking them up.

Does anyone know if the Dc Collectibles Icons will use that shitty, clear plastic for the joints? If so that would most likely cause me to not bother picking them up.
I hear they did for the first wave of the Batman Animated series, but due to large amount complaints and breakages they've changed it?

Savitar

18 FT long by 12 FT wide... jesus.

So when will they make a 1/6 Imperial class start destroyers lol aren't those a couple miles long?

This dude made a 1/15635 scale of one Super Star Destroyer and its still 3.5 ft long.
eclipse_firma2_by_boba_it-d84d9jl.jpg

If I was rich.....if I was only rich I'd pay to get one made.

Rootbeer

Banned
Hmm, Funko Game of Thrones used those clear ones too and they were plagued by breakages issues.

Durability should be very highly considered when choosing the materials. I hope they get it right. Icons look great... would be a huge bummer if the line had its reputation ruined by a choice like that.

Hmm, Funko Game of Thrones used those clear ones too and they were plagued by breakages issues.

Durability should be very highly considered when choosing the materials. I hope they get it right. Icons look great... would be a huge bummer if the line had its reputation ruined by a choice like that.

I know that would suck. I have a DC Collectibles Deluxe Swamp Thing and the joints are clear but by the joints being kind of big, the clear plastic seems more durable. I have posed it multiple times without any breakage. I wish they would use a better material for the joints.

dangeROSS

That paint job looks nice. I kinda dig the more muted colors on the movie hulk figures, but at the same time with pics of that Target 3 pack hulk in a brighter green, I think I would like them in more comic book type colors too.

Top Bottom