• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Advice needed : 65'' LG G4 v.s. 77'' LG C4

Which model would you recommend to go

• 65'' G4

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • 77'' C4

Votes: 74 58.3%

• Total voters

nick776

Go with the G Series. I have both, and you will appreciate the MLD a lot more than you will the extra size. If you can get the 77 inch in G series, I'd do that, maybe get a G3 (which is what I have in 77 inch, 65 inch and 55 inch in my house).

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Update:

Folks, ended up with 65G4.

Me and the missus tried to sit at 6 ft in front our 75'' living room tv and we agreed the FOV was too much for our likings. Plus the MLA panel and the 5 yearn warranty really win me over.

Thanks for all the inputs, gaffers are always a great community. Anyway, can't wait to join the OLED wagon and never shut up about it!

This probably isn’t going to be helpful. But as someone who owns both a Samsung oled and an lg g3.. please listen to me.

Game mode on the g series sucks, you don’t get any of the nice post processing features like color or brightness boost, and while you can game on vivid with ALLM, you lose some response time. (Just look at any gaming forum taking about the G series. Everyone is discussing work arounds like gaming on filmmaker mode… it’s ridiculous) Samsung’s QD-OLED is better tech, it’s night and day side by side. Brighter, and oh my gosh the colors are insane. Anything red is jaw dropping.

Consider the Samsung S95D. I’m not here to start tv fanboy wars, I’m just saying as a guy who has both, the Samsung is better for gaming. Objectively better. It’s not close.

Well you are wrong. The G4 Series is excellent for gaming. There is no brightness issues at all, in fact the HDR brightness is basically identical in game mode vs cinema mode for the G4.

The main thing Samsung OLEDs have is better color volume, so colors pop a bit more, but for gaming its irrelevant outside slightly nicer looking colors.

Why would you game on vivid mode?

You can have your opinion, but you clearly never used a G4 or do not know how to properly dial in the settings.

Edit: I just realized you were referencing the G3, well considering OP asked about C4 vs G4 your notes on G3 is irrelevant since G4 has seen improvements to game mode brightness for HDR.

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Man that's way too big to use for PC gaming at 5-6 feet! Your eyes are going to be jacked. Its way to big for playing FPS you can't focus your eyes on the entire screen at that distance and it will tire your eye out fast.

girl-with-orbital-hypertelorism-body1.jpg

Justin9mm

I'm a massive advocate of bigger is better, I really hate how ppl buy 65 inch OLEDs and sit like 3+ metres from it. Like what's the point of an OLED then, everything looks good from far away. But in your case, if you're only sitting 6 feet and no more, maybe even closer, the 65 inch is probably good enough as far as distance. But no one ever buys a TV and after a month or so says I should of gone smaller. I have an 85 inch and I sit 10 feet from it, I'm waiting to get a good deal on 98 inch in future. I have a square theatre room and couch sits at the back wall and on one side just in front of the couch is two sliding doors to the room so I literally have no option to move the couch back or bring it forward. I'm forever stuck at that distance for that room.

keraj37

Contacted PSN to add his card back to his account
Agreed, with stuff like this, the bigger, the better. Once you start getting to like $2,300 or $2,700, might as well get the biggest anyway.

Anything above 100", I just use a projector anyway, I have one thats like 300" that fits a whole wall that i use to watch old films

Zz1qqss.jpeg
Donnie Brasco, have watched this movie maybe 100 times.

Xtib81

Update:

Folks, ended up with 65G4.

Me and the missus tried to sit at 6 ft in front our 75'' living room tv and we agreed the FOV was too much for our likings. Plus the MLA panel and the 5 yearn warranty really win me over.

Thanks for all the inputs, gaffers are always a great community. Anyway, can't wait to join the OLED wagon and never shut up about it!
Wise choice. You're in for one hell of an experience.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Donnie Brasco!

I love that flick.
Donnie Brasco, have watched this movie maybe 100 times.

Twas a classic. I only watch old films and gangster flicks on the projector for that movie feel. I've used projectors that are like $500, I've used one that is $70...don't believe the hype lol If you can get one for like sub $200, its a good buy for that movie feel, but it won't be the quality of like a 4K tv or something and the laser ones I've seen are so expensive, you are better off getting some 100" TV for that price anyway.

Projectors are great for the novelty of getting that old school, grainy movie feel tbh. imho, do not pay over $200 and enjoy it for what it is. I don't know if paying more gets you anything that much noticeably better. It won't replace your normal tv, its great for family events and just having that movie theater feel once in a while, but not something I'd recommend someone spend $2k on the laser projector and then another $1k on the screen or something lol

Chronos24

Get the G4. Brightness is absolutely king in my opinion alone. Everything else is a bonus. I'd absolutely go with the G4. It's the best reviewed TV on RTINGS as well.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
This probably isn’t going to be helpful. But as someone who owns both a Samsung oled and an lg g3.. please listen to me.

Game mode on the g series sucks, you don’t get any of the nice post processing features like color or brightness boost, and while you can game on vivid with ALLM, you lose some response time. (Just look at any gaming forum taking about the G series. Everyone is discussing work arounds like gaming on filmmaker mode… it’s ridiculous) Samsung’s QD-OLED is better tech, it’s night and day side by side. Brighter, and oh my gosh the colors are insane. Anything red is jaw dropping.

Consider the Samsung S95D. I’m not here to start tv fanboy wars, I’m just saying as a guy who has both, the Samsung is better for gaming. Objectively better. It’s not close.
I was searching on LG G4 gaming setting and stumbled across this quite dedicated thread.

It appears that ALLM + Filmmaker is the most optimized setting across all LG 2023 - 2024 OLEDs. Not only do you get the most accurate pictures, you actually also get lower latency compared to game mode. I think I'm gonna test it out when my TV arrives. It's probably also worth a shot for you.

i0Mhcld.png

Top Bottom