• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Age of Conan GAF Meet Up

grate

2vxescp.jpg

GAF's Zug guild is G.A.F.

GAF's Doomsayer guild is Free Wollan.

EU:

Player Versus Player (PVP): Fury (suggested)

Player Versus Environment (PVE): Crom

US:

Player Versus Player (PVP): Doomsayer

Player Versus Environment (PVE): Zug

Player List Crom(PVE) in GAF Alphabetical order:

Kyoufu - Kyoufu / Tempest of Set

Roxas - Goonboy /

Wollan - Coldswift / Dark Templar

Player List Doomsayer(PVP) in GAF Alphabetical order:

Ariexv - Kinv / Priest of Mitra
Ariexv - Kinvaryl / Ranger

Azzurri - Valentino / Herald of Xotli

Azwethinkweiz - Caroline / Assassin

Bags - Hogartha / Assassin

Carl2282 - Fecalsock / Assassin

centracore - Nalos / Herald of Xotli

cpro - Winnebago / Dark Templar

derder - Aexa / Priest of Mitra
derder - Retard /

Flynn - Tura / Ranger

grate - Coldlight / Barbarian
grate - Ohgr / Guardian

grendelrt - Zerc / Barbarian

GONZO - Mugen /

Halvie - Demorial / Tempest of Set

Hammer - Shandris / Ranger

iamblades - Carnia / Guardian

Jbird34 - Jbird / Conqueror

JonAmikar - Amikar / Barbarian

Kintaco - Bianca / Barbarian
Kintaco - Kintaro / Dark Templar

krypt0nian - Bael /

macht - Versus / Barbarian

MickeyKnox - Connavar / Conquerer

Mr Nash - Kaspian / Necromancer
Mr Nash - Maxwineberg / Conquerer

OmegaErock - Argilla / Herald of Xotli
OmegaErock - Ciani / Ranger
OmegaErock - Wagnard / Necromancer
OmegaErock - Vaala / Dark Templar

oxrock - Perthius / Herald of Xotli

Pewp - Skinfart / Conquerer

Proc - Zylum / Dark Templar

sxs9244 - Elone / Barbarian

tomei - Hebi / Tempest of Set

verio - Verio / Ranger
verio - Vordul / Barbarian

Warnen - Warnen / Assassin

Zanboo - Arravik - Bear Shaman

Player List Zug(PVE) in GAF Alphabetical order:

ArtG - Alagaisia / Demonologist
ArtG - Unitiqious / Conquerer

Azzurri - Valentino / Priest of Mitra

Grifter - Vorenus

jeremy70583 - Ulcajun / Guardian

Kintaro - Darsh / Dark Tamplar

nataku - Veplerion / Conquerer
nataku - Vaelyris / Prist of Mitra

RuGalz - Ruggy / Demonologist

Soroc - Aliyyah / Priest of Mitra

Sullen - Tenebrous / Herald of Xotli

Trav - Presha / Ranger
Trav - Devonshire / Bear Shaman

Warnen - Warnen / Conquerer

Whifflebat - Rekki / Tempest of Set

Xabora - Gwydon / Demonologist

Please post which server you join, your in game name, and class.

Plissken

I will be playing on the US client.

I am in the Mountain Time Zone.

Haven't decided on PvP or PvE yet, leaning toward PvP.

I was not in either open or closed beta.

I pre-ordered Monday, but didn't get a chance to get into the Early Access program, so I guess I have to wait until next week to get installed and patched up.

I am planning on trying out a wide variety of classes, but the 2 that interest me most right now are Herald of Xotli and Barbarian.

iamblades

Will be playing on the US servers.

EST, but will be playing more during Pacific prime time, always been more of a late night player.

Will be playing pvp probably, unless it gets annoying. Rolling a guardian and a demonologist i think. Guardian will probably be my main.

In early access too, would be interested in getting together on saturday.

nataku

US Central here, so I'll play on any US sever.

No idea on the class, I need to do more research on them before I choose.

Unless Funcom changes something about early access, I won't be on until Tuesday/Wednesday.

Concept17

US client.

Mountain

PVE and PVP

Open beta, didn't get to play overly much of it though.

No early access.

Plan on playing a Bear Shaman.

Wollan

I'm playing the EU client.

I will actually play mostly during Australian (Melbourne hours) but I'm pretty bad at keeping a day rythm.. The server will be GMT so let's say that.

PVE server CROM (EU).

Cimmerian Dark Templar by the name of Coldswift.

grate

I have feeling the limited supply of the early access client will have most people waiting for the official release.

I'll post more info on Saturday when the servers go live iamblades, I'll probably update the initial post with server information as well. I'll try to find a CST server to keep things in the middle for all of us, seems to make the most sense.

ZeroEdge

I'll be playing this on the US servers.

I'm in the EST time zone so probably a EST or CST server (if they have region based servers like wow does)

I'll probably start on PVE seeing as you can jump into battleground style pvp whenever you want, that and I can't stand someone camping spawn points to gank lowbies.

I wasn't in the open beta but I did try the PVP weekend and outside the technical glitches it was pretty fun.

I pre-ordered this week from amazon but did not receive my early access key info in time before Funcom decided to close it down so May 20/21st (whenever it is up) I'll be in, which sucks cause I was really hopping to play this weekend.

As for class I probably will start with a Bear Shaman, I tried one in the PVP weekend and had fun with them. I may make a caster alt as well, especially after seeing that cool spell weaving video :)

Dedalus

EU

GMT

RP-PVP or PVE, depends on the state of world pvp

Was in the IGN beta event.

Not in early access.

Will try Herald of Xotli, Dark Templar and Tempest of Set at launch and make my decision then.

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
I won't be getting mine till next week. I pre-ordered mine from Amazon (only place I could get the CE version).

edit: I'm in the US - CST (EST or MST is fine). I'll probably start PvE and then switch over to PvP.

grate

iamblades said:
Thinking Tyranny or Doomsayer for pvp personally.

Ok, guess we'll wait for more feedback from the others posting here.
I really don't care what we choose, as long as we have decided by early release day.

nataku

I don't really care, either, personally. It's just a name really. I'll probably be going PvP, though Ferrio says to avoid them in the other thread. Anyone in the beta play on a PvP server?

grate

nataku said:
I don't really care, either, personally. It's just a name really. I'll probably be going PvP, though Ferrio says to avoid them in the other thread. Anyone in the beta play on a PvP server?

The last day of the Open Beta they bumped everyone to level 20, and made the servers PVP free for all. It was pretty hectic, but smoothed out the further you got away from the beginning zones.

However, PVP servers always have their amount of griefing and frustration.

I will be splitting up my game time between a PVE and PVP server.

ZeroEdge

Personally I don't care on server name (it's just a name) Just pick one PVP and one PVE one. Zug and Bane sound fine to me, or Tyranny or whatever :).
I'll probably end up making a character on both to see how it is, but if PVP is FFA and I'm getting ganked left right and center all day everyday I'll probably end up with more time on the PVE server. I like PVP but I prefer structured PVP team vs team or objective based not just FFA.

ZeroEdge said:
US Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Servers

• Set
• Dagoth
• Zug
• Omm
• Derketo
• Thog
• Wiccana
• Gwahlur (recommended Oceanic)
• Anu

PvP Servers
• Tyranny
• Bane
• Deathwisper
• Bloodspire (recommended Oceanic)
• Doomsayer

RP-PvP Server
• Cimmeria

European English Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Servers

• Crom
• Dagon
• Ymir
• Bori
• Astoreth

PvP Servers
• Fury
• Wildsoul

RP-PvP Server
• Aquilonia

French Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Server

• Ishtar

PvP Server
• Ferox

RP-PvP Server
• Stygia

German Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Servers

• Mitra
• Asura

PvP Server
• Aries

RP-PvP Server
• Asgard

Spanish Server (Early Access 17th of May)

• Zingara (PvE)

Please put update OP w/ this info

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
My ex guild is planning to roll on Bane so maybe I'll see some of you GAF there. EXECUTION FTW!

Kryptonic

US

PST

Leaning towards PvP, possibly PvE

Early Access

undecided class but think I narrowed it down to PoM, Guardian, Barb, or Assassin

grate

Kryptonic said:
does oceanic mean those servers are on the west coast?
Typically, it is used to suggest Australian realms. However, since they are listed under the 'US Early Access' servers you may be onto something...

Edit: After searching around on their forum's some... it looks like these are the servers suggested for Australian players. Whether this means they are East/West coast or not... I have no clue.

SteveO409 said:
My ex guild is planning to roll on Bane so maybe I'll see some of you GAF there. EXECUTION FTW!

I'm there.

US client

CST

Bane Server - mostly PvP

Played through PvP weekend

No early access.

Probably go with one hard class, Conq or Barb(softy I'm hearing though) and one squishy, so probably Tempest of Set.

Wollan

Okay, Early Access is approaching fast.
We need to decide which servers we are going to focus on (if you're interesting into meeting other neogaffers from time to time, no commitments).

• Server lists

North America:

PVE: Zug (only suggestion)
PVP: Bane (3 vs 1 for)

Europe:

PVE: ??? (no one)
PVP: Fury (only suggestion, me)

nataku

Zug and Bane sound good to me. I'll probably be playing on Bane.

Anyone know what time the servers open up on Tuesday?

grate

I agree, time's getting close. As Bane is presently 3 to 1, I will update the original post with that as the pvp server for the US. I will post Zug as the tenative US PvE server.

I will post Fury as the suggested PVP server for EU, and Wollan if you would like to suggest a PVE server please let me know I will update the post for that as well.

------

If you create a character on any of these servers, please post here with your character name, the server name, and your time zone. Thanks. :)

nataku -- I haven't heard any official word on when the servers will be up on launch day, I will try to keep abreast of the AoC forums on FunCom's site.

Wollan

Sure. I suggest EU PVE server to be Crom.
While I'm not planning to play on it, the initiative should help guide NeoGAF latecomers in the same direction.

iamblades

They changed Bane to 'cultural' pvp, so I think we should switch the gaf US pvp server to Doomsayer, that's gonna be a lame ruleset with the classes limited the way they are.

grate

Yeah, it's not sounding too good.

I don't like the whole 'up in the air' portion of it.

I'll change it to Doomsayer per your suggestion.

Weenerz

Banned
I need help deciding if I want this game. How does it compare to WoW? Like how is the leveling, questing, raids, pvp and the like?

iamblades

Weenerz said:
I need help deciding if I want this game. How does it compare to WoW? Like how is the leveling, questing, raids, pvp and the like?

Too early to speak to the raids yet, but on the other three counts, it is similar.

levlling is REALLY fast in the beginning, quite a bit faster than WoW, also the main story quests are really high caliber compared to wow, with cutscenes and voice acting and everything. Apart from those quests it seems your standard mmo fare though.

PvP you have batteground type pvp instances, also at the high end you can create a guild city which other guilds can attack.

Plus the pvp servers are factionless ffa, which means anyone anywhere(aside from group members) is a potential target(or a potential ganker).

grate

As far as I am aware we can't create guilds til level 20, unless that has changed..

Edit: Noticed you hit 22, grats.

If people wanna throw out suggestions here, it would make sense i guess.

grate

Sorry all, I got some bad news today and unfortunately will not be able to play this game as much as I was intending.

If someone would like to volunteer to make a new thread, it would be appreciated. Unfortunately, I won't be able to play as much as I anticipated due to real life issues.

Tabs

I'm likely the diversity in the classes (at least the descriptions). I went ahead and created a couple of characters, although I wasn't able to play today since the server was down.

These are on Zug:
Presha / Ranger
Devonshire / Bear Shaman

Grifter, I'll look for you online tonight.

Concept17

Looks like I'm playing on Doomsayer. Gonna be a Bear Shaman, and a good friend of mine will be playing a Conqueror. Ill update with character name soon as I have one.

iamblades

If anyone on doomsayer needs a guild, just PM me your name and /tell carnia in game, I'll see about getting you an invite.

Top Bottom