• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Age of Conan GAF Meet Up

grate

Just an update...

Amikar volunteered to take leader tonight, I PM'd Carnia (iamblades) asking for him to login and pass leadership over.

I guess the worst case scenario if we don't hear from him will be reforming.

Jbird34

grate said:
Just an update...

Amikar volunteered to take leader tonight, I PM'd Carnia (iamblades) asking for him to login and pass leadership over.

I guess the worst case scenario if we don't hear from him will be reforming.

Well that is good to know because we lost 3 members tonight, reformation or not very soon the GAF guild will dominate Doomsayer!!! BELIEVE!

centracore

Jbird34 said:
Well that is good to know because we lost 3 members tonight, reformation or not very soon the GAF guild will dominate Doomsayer!!! BELIEVE!

Who left Jbird? Just curious as I haven't been on...

Jbird34

centracore said:
Who left Jbird? Just curious as I haven't been on...

Thor, Zerc, Switchblade and there is one more person that I am forgetting... Thor and Zerc went to Thor's old WoW guild but I am not sure what happened to switch cause I looked on the roster and his name wasn't on it anymore nor was his alt's name. But we do have a few low levels that are working their way up to the top so we definitely aren't dying by any means. I just hate we lost those guys but it has been a slow go so far. Like I said last night thought we shall be great!!

Jbird34

Zanboo said:
Arravik, Bear Shaman, Doomsayer

would love an invite to the guild :lol

Awesome, just look for us in game and we will hook you up, I am not sure who has invite powers but if I am on I will invite you!

JonAmikar

Ignorant Scrub
I think the GAF Guild is pretty much dead now. We should consider merging with another guild in the near future. Unless we get a huge influx of new believers that is...:lol

shoplifter

I actually want to give this a shot now that I have a new PC, but don't want to drop the cash in case I hate it. If anyone has an account they're willing to give away or a buddy code from the CE, PM me.

Quagm1r3

shoplifter said:
I actually want to give this a shot now that I have a new PC, but don't want to drop the cash in case I hate it. If anyone has an account they're willing to give away or a buddy code from the CE, PM me.

I would just buy it, honestly. If you like MMO's, you'll get a kick out of this game. If you've never tried an MMO, I recommend trying out a WoW trial period.

shoplifter

I'm actually planning on buying WAR. I'm an old hat at MMOs but I'm not going to drop $50 on AoC sight unseen because I've just read too many 'this is way too unpolished' comments.

Quagm1r3

shoplifter said:
I'm actually planning on buying WAR. I'm an old hat at MMOs but I'm not going to drop $50 on AoC sight unseen because I've just read too many 'this is way too unpolished' comments.

I wouldn't listen to what you hear on the forums (including this one, honestly.) The majority of players are willing to play the game despite the flaws, and the dev team is actively fixing problems.

Also, like it or not, you may run into just as many if not more problems with the release of WAR as it will face the same challenges as AoC being a launch MMO. Who knows; WAR could end up even buggier than AoC.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
How's the GAF guild going? People still strong after the 1 month free trial is over?

I don't know how you guys are with keep tiers and stuff, but i'm part of a non-hardcore guild, also on doomsayer. (aka, you don't have to contribute with keep materials and you don't HAVE TO go in instances, unless you want to. You also don't have to have the best gear or we will kick you out).

We are gathering materials do start Tier2 Keep. We're small, but we're really laid back. If you guys want to talk alliances or *shrug* joining in, the free wolan gaf guild can contact me (Rina, ingame) and we could talk stuffs.. :D

(i just though i'd throw the information out as building a keep is costly and two small guilds wouldn't get much of their investment back from building a complete keep).

shoplifter

Looks like they made some buddy key program for CE holders, so I'm bumping in the hopes someone is kind enough to send me one.

shoplifter @ gmail.com

I play, but I'm on Wiccana PvE right now. Gonna try a PvP server once 1.05 comes out, as it's supposed to change/rebalance a lot of the classes.

notsol337

marked forever
I'm a PvP nut. I played for a month or so after launch but the bugs and such chased me back into WoW. I always loved AoC though. Killing a level 80 at level 21 by kicking him off a cliff and then telling him he's a horrible ganker is still one of the highlights of my MMO playing career.

Too bad I can't remember which server I was on... it's the same server Shawn Elliot was on.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
notsol337 said:
I'm a PvP nut. I played for a month or so after launch but the bugs and such chased me back into WoW. I always loved AoC though. Killing a level 80 at level 21 by kicking him off a cliff and then telling him he's a horrible ganker is still one of the highlights of my MMO playing career.

Too bad I can't remember which server I was on... it's the same server Shawn Elliot was on.

That would be Tyranny. I'm currently playing on that server.

notsol337

marked forever
Spire said:
That would be Tyranny. I'm currently playing on that server.

I got kicked out of peenorange for saying I had more pvp in my little finger than some dude had in his whole body.

Then I was mentioned in a podcast.

Made my day.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
notsol337 said:
I got kicked out of peenorange for saying I had more pvp in my little finger than some dude had in his whole body.

Then I was mentioned in a podcast.

Made my day.

Haha, I was in that guild at launch, didn't get kicked out though but voluntarily left after awhile. My roommate and I ran into a couple of guild mates (who happened to be part of Shawn Elliott's inner crew) in Khopshef and slaughtered them before we realized we were in the same guild as them. They went pretty berserk, one guy screamed at us for ten damn minutes. I think he was more embarrassed about getting owned than anything else.

Anyway, my friend and I hit 50 today. We're really liking the game now and will probably keep on going until 80. If you get ganked by a couple of rangers with big tits from a guild called "The Classy Ladies", say hi.

Wollan

Resubscribed yesterday. Just playing (very) casually as I'm busy these days, no real time for gaf hook ups.

Last time I played (June 08) I was on a 2GB ram, 8600, 3.4ghz pc and it ran okay with finer adjustment to the settings (following guides).

I'm on my new rig now (4GB ram, 260, quad 3ghz) and it's pretty great to play everything maxed at 80-100fps. Direct x10 brings it down to 45-55fps but the graphical gain is not worth the framerate loss (Dx10 also has some hickups when some assets appear in the gamespace).

It's a really well presented game. Dynamically expanding info boxes, realistic animation with minute nuances and pretty fine asset details.

Top Bottom