• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Age of Conan GAF Meet Up

Grifter

Trav said:
I don't recall offhand, it's F12 or something like that. You can find the button under "controls" from the ESC menu.

Thanks! Did I miss you last night? I'll add your characters as friends.

Tabs

Yeah, when I checked, you were level 5 and offline. If you came on later, I didn't see you. I logged off about 11pm est. I'm still at work, but I imagine I'll be on ~9-11 est tonight. I need to write up first impressions either today or tomorrow for GA, so that will play a factor too.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
IM on East Coast (US) not sure what server to pick im looking to group with some like minded gamers. during weekdays I only get 1/2 hours a night to play and on weekends I can get some more gaming time for sure...

Father of 2..

Also anyone here kind enough to slide a Buddy code to me before I invest 1000.00 in a new rig to play this!?

Tabs

Kintaro, excellent. I'll look for you tonight. Dorf, I'm also on Zug, don't enjoy the pains of leveling on a PvP server. I am also a dad and usually behind the leveling curve of friends. Plus whatever duties I owe to playing games for GA.

I guess we are a ways from creating the guild on Zug, but we can at least start talking names. Suggestions?

Concept17

After the announcement of the new launch servers, my friends and I switched over to Shadowblade(pvp) to avoid the EA members. Feel free to add me if anyone jumps on the server as well.

Kyoufu

Can we get the OP updated with everyone in their respective servers?

I'm in EU and it feels like its going to be a lonely affair. Don't even know where Wollan is going to play since hes banned lol.

grate

Kyoufu said:
Can we get the OP updated with everyone in their respective servers?

I'm in EU and it feels like its going to be a lonely affair. Don't even know where Wollan is going to play since hes banned lol.

Done.

I haven't been in game too much due to some unexpected real life stuff.
Hope to be on soon, I'll do my best to keep the thread up to date.

If you join one of the chosen GAF servers please post which server you chose, your in game name, and the class you are playing.

Thanks.

grate

ArtG said:
Not that I'm aware of, but when one becomes available, let us Zug GAFers know. :)

Yeah, if any gaffers on Zug make a guild please post here and I will update the OP.
I won't be able to play too much til this weekend.

Half of my friends prefer pve while the other half prefer pvp, so I will most likely be making chars on both servers.

Grifter

Trav said:
Yeah, when I checked, you were level 5 and offline. If you came on later, I didn't see you. I logged off about 11pm est. I'm still at work, but I imagine I'll be on ~9-11 est tonight. I need to write up first impressions either today or tomorrow for GA, so that will play a factor too.

Maintenance yesterday so no go. =(

I was hoping to keep up but I'm headed out of town and the wife is hogging the PC when I'm around (lvl 22 already!) so I'll try to catch up soon.

Tabs

I wouldn't worry about that. I'm only level 7, and probably not playing any more tonight unless I create a couple more characters just to reserve names.

nataku

Ok, I think I finally decided on my two characters.

Both on Doomsayer

Veplerion / Demonologist

Vaelyris / Dark Templar

Proc

I'm playing with my brother on Doomsayer as Zylum (dark templar). Currently level 15 (played alot tonight heh).

garath

Doomsayer

Garien - Guardian

Haven't decided if that's what I'll stick with yet. Tanks usually aren't the best in pvp hehe

johnnyg87

Neo Member
hey guys, so the pvp american server is full and i started up a new character on bloodspire called Flavaflav... look me up if you want to play!

grate

johnnyg87 said:
hey guys, so the pvp american server is full and i started up a new character on bloodspire called Flavaflav... look me up if you want to play!

You sure?

It looks like centracore made a character on there almost half an hour after you posted this...

elseanio

I will be jumping in on the 28th. I don't know what my characters name will be till then, but I'll more than likely be on Fury PVP server

nataku

grate said:
You sure?

It looks like centracore made a character on there almost half an hour after you posted this...

If the load is listed as Heavy or whatever it says, it won't let you create a character. You need to wait for it to say Normal.

grate

nataku said:
If the load is listed as Heavy or whatever it says, it won't let you create a character. You need to wait for it to say Normal.

Yeah, I figured that was the case, I just didn't want people reading the post thinking they couldn't join the server that we had selected.

iamblades

Looking for name suggestions for the gaf doomsayer guild.

Will start it up tonight. We need 24 people to reserve a city spot, so we might have to grab some random people off the server.

grate

iamblades said:
Looking for name suggestions for the gaf doomsayer guild.

Will start it up tonight. We need 24 people to reserve a city spot, so we might have to grab some random people off the server.

Do you have any names in mind?
I am drawing a blank, tossing different ideas around in my head though.

I have a couple real life friends who will likely be willing to join up. One is level 30ish, the other is 40ish. So that will help our numbers.

Things are calming down for me, so I will likely be able to start playing more come this weekend.
My wife made a ranger on my account since I haven't been able to play too much. Her copy of the game arrives today, so I may take the ranger she made on my account over the barbarian I made during early access. I'm still undecided though.

centracore

Just wanted to post an update on my status guys. I definitely am playing this game as I've already fallen in love with it, but my current laptop (Pentium M 2.0GHZ, 2.0GB RAM, ATI X300 128MB) just can't handle it... everything was fine for the first 5 levels but as soon as I got to the first city it crapped out on me.

So I ordered a new computer with these:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Dual Core Processor LGA775 3.0GHZ Wolfdale 1333FSB 6MB Retail

EVGA E-GEFORCE 9800GTX Superclocked 700MHZ 512MB 2.2GHZ GDDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDTV Out Video Card

OCZ XTC Platinum Edition PC2-8500 DDR2 4GB 2X2GB DDR2-1066 CL5-5-5-18 Dual Channel EPP Memory Kit

They should be here early next week (Tuesday?) and after that you'll see me in the game again.

nataku

I'm definitely interested in a GAF guild, but I can't offer any suggestions on names. I'm horrible at that. =\

iamblades

Proc said:
The guild name should be "Free Wollan" lol
sounds good to me.

will start it up tonight
also, if you are playing on another server, i would apreciate you rolling a char on doomsayer so we can get the members for thecity reservation asap, you dont have to level or anything, just roll a char and send carnia a tell for an invite after i get it all set up

centracore

iamblades said:
sounds good to me.

will start it up tonight
also, if you are playing on another server, i would apreciate you rolling a char on doomsayer so we can get the members for thecity reservation asap, you dont have to level or anything, just roll a char and send carnia a tell for an invite after i get it all set up

Do you need to be in any specific area? I can login but can't go into the first city until my new PC arrives so I'm kind of at a stand still...

iamblades

centracore said:
Do you need to be in any specific area? I can login but can't go into the first city until my new PC arrives so I'm kind of at a stand still...
afaik, you can be level 1 on the beach and join a guild, butyou might have to get to tortage

Bags

Neo Member
I'll try to send Carnia a tell tomorrow. I can only play for about 30 minutes before the game crashes for some reason, but I've got a new rig coming in soon.

Soroc

I'm currently playing on US PVE server ZUG

Name: Aliyyah
Class: Priest of Mitra

Currently lvl 13

Add me to friends and let me know if anyone needs some healing :D

I'll probably roll another POM on Doomsayer this weekend also since the first GAF guild will be there :D

RuGalz

nataku said:
I'm definitely interested in a GAF guild, but I can't offer any suggestions on names. I'm horrible at that. =\

NoHaste :lol

Anyhow, just got the game last night, I'm on Zug, named Ruggy, a Demon, PST.

Tabs

Zug peeps. Keep an eye on your chat window (as hard as I know that is). I've sent some unanswered tells the past few nights. Unless everyone is plotting to ignore me :((

grate

Trav said:
Zug peeps. Keep an eye on your chat window (as hard as I know that is). I've sent some unanswered tells the past few nights. Unless everyone is plotting to ignore me :((

It can be really hard to catch these, I doubt it is intentional. :D

If you guys click the * at the top of the chat window, you can setup a special tab for just incoming tells.

iamblades

The guild is formed. /tell carnia or versus for a guild invite. Any member from neogaf will be promoted to officer status so they can invite more people.

grate

iamblades said:
The guild is formed. /tell carnia or versus for a guild invite. Any member from neogaf will be promoted to officer status so they can invite more people.

Thanks for the update, I'll also put the info in the original post.

grate

I just registered freewollan.info, I'll try to get Simple Machine Forums and Tiny Portal running or some other solution so that we can collaborate information a bit better.

Worst case scenario I have registered Free Wollan on guild portal, and we can forward it to there if all else fails.

Top Bottom