• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Man starting this season with a bang. I hope all those forced movie references doesn't mean Disney is desperate to pull on viewers. I really don't want this to be the last season.

It won't be. The economics of syndication demand that a show that completes three seasons gets a fourth season. Agents of SHIELD will get at least four seasons.

Drayco21

Shockingly little happened in this episode- probably the weakest start yet. Hopefully it goes places though, Ward next week.

Is Ragnorok a place or is it their version of hell? It sort of resembled the area from Thor 2 where the Aether is.

Ragnarok is an event. Also sometimes a robot that looks like Thor. Hel is their version of Hell.

Oh shit, Creeper, you an Agents of SHIELD-GAF member?

PymqFjU.gif

Hey Friend.

I'm about that superhero TV life.

Kalentan

Chris Pratt cameo incoming? He & Zoë Saldana are no strangers to TV.

Though it could just be one of the Nine Realms, which could lead to another Sif cameo.

I know it won't happen... BUT I would love if the Guardians came in for a cameo. :D

anaron

hockingly little happened in this episode- probably the weakest start yet. Hopefully it goes places though, Ward next week.

Ragnarok is an event. Also sometimes a robot that looks like Thor. Hel is their version of Hell.

lol

this was easily their strongest premiere

Neoxon

So obviously Simmons is in space. If this will lead to a Guardians or a Thor crossover remains to be seen.

jph139

I think Hala is probably our best bet - or another Kree world. If it's an "anti-Inhuman" weapon it's probably a way for the Kree to track down experiments gone awry or something like that.

Slayven

I think Hala is probably our best bet - or another Kree world. If it's an "anti-Inhuman" weapon it's probably a way for the Kree to track down experiments gone awry or something like that.

I think it is just a portal. Kree are assholes and a bunch of them popping out of a black rock would be death for just about anyone

Neoxon

It's very, very important that the Guardians don't get to meet any other Earthlings but Star-Lord. Super vital. To the plot. Because fuck Richard Rider or something.
I think that's mainly for the Guardians movie. Having Star-Lord help Simmons get back to Earth probably wouldn't be an issue so long as it doesn't conflict with the events of GotG Vol. 2.

Neoxon

Star Lord saves the day. I can see Dave Bautista appear as Drax too
The only ones that Marvel may have an issue getting on the show are Rocket & Groot (both for CGI reasons & the voice actors' busy schedules). Granted, Chris Pratt is also busy, but he has an extensive TV track record.

anaron

I'd rather AoS crossover with the Netflix shows. Seeing as how there's apparently a divide between divisions and theTV side being headed by Loeb, he'll probably be able to arrange it.

Neoxon

I'd rather the show crossover with the Netflix shows. Seeing as how there's apparently a divide between divisions and theTV side being headed by Loeb, he'll probably be able to arrange it.
The thing is that in this case, none of the Netflix characters have any major cosmic ties for Simmons. We could get a Daredevil, Jessica Jones, or Luke Cage cameo for Coulson's story, but the only cameo that would work for Simmons (if any) are anyone from Thor or Guardians.

lol

this was easily their strongest premiere

I think S2's left a bigger impression on me - it was focused and did a very good job of setting the tone that just kept going up to the mid-season break. This one was juggling a lot of loosely-tied threads, and I'm not really sure it worked for me.

HeySeuss

I don't think there'll be any crossover to bring her back. Fitz will figure it out. I wouldn't count out a new character being introduced though to assist Simmons in her survival.

Neoxon

I don't think there'll be any crossover to bring her back. Fitz will figure it out. I wouldn't count out a new character being introduced though to assist Simmons in her survival.
This is the most likely scenario, but a guy can dream.

Drayco21

If they really need to introduce a new cosmic character to help, I hope it's a member of the Nova Corps. They're supposed to be a useful intergalactic police force, but all they've done in the MCU so far is not seem to actually have the Nova Force and job super hard. Could do some extra world building on the Xandarian-Kree war, if she's in Kree Space too.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Good episode. Didn't even realize May was absent.

Only crappy thing was Lash's make-up. It would've been slightly better if they just used an off-the-rack Sonic costume.

Maybe she'll team up with the Red Skull! They can bond over science and intolerance.

Needs to happen. NOW.

Simmons comes back as Sin.

HeySeuss

If they really need to introduce a new cosmic character to help, I hope it's a member of the Nova Corps. They're supposed to be a useful intergalactic police force, but all they've done in the MCU so far is not seem to actually have the Nova Force and job super hard. Could do some extra world building on the Xandarian-Kree war, if she's in Kree Space too.

I could see that considering if they got too crazy cosmic it'd blow their budget. So a humanoid character would be most likely I think.

anaron

The thing is that in this case, none of the Netflix characters have any major cosmic ties for Simmons. We could get a Daredevil, Jessica Jones, or Luke Cage cameo for Coulson's story, but the only cameo that would work for Simmons (if any) are anyone from Thor or Guardians.
lol, no I just meant in general. It'd be bizarre for them to show up in relation to Simmons.

Kinda off/on Topic

Everyone go check out Until Dawn on PS4. The Actor who plays Grant is fantastic in that.Same with the main guy from Mr.Robot.
MIIIIIKE

Top Bottom