• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Drayco21

*crosses fingers for John C. Reilly as Corpsman Dey*

As long as it ends with him mentioning that his recent meetings with Earthlings has lead him to start looking towards Earth for recruiting new recruits to help re-fill the Corps post-Guardians, so he can crash over Hempstead.

Because I can't let go.

Jag

Great opener. Loved all the call backs to the MCU. I kept bugging my wife with them.

"That was Avengers"

"That was Winter Soldier"

"That was Ant Man"

Oh and the President speaking:
"That's a set up for Captain America: Civil War!"

Great opener. Loved all the call backs to the MCU. I kept bugging my wife with them.

"That was Avengers"

"That was Winter Soldier"

"That was Ant Man"

Oh and the President speaking:
"That's a set up for Captain America: Civil War!"
Colonel_Rhodes_and_President_Ellis.jpg

Forgot Iron Man 3.

Big Dog

That episode was everything I had hoped for. Answered plenty of cliffhangers from last season and planted just as many new questions. Can't wait for the storyline where Jemma gets captured by aliens or something. Imagine if she got picked up by Yondu and sold :eek:

That episode was everything I had hoped for. Answered plenty of cliffhangers from last season and planted just as many new questions. Can't wait for the storyline where Jemma gets captured by aliens or something. Imagine if she got picked up by Yondu and sold :eek:

I changed my mind. I want Rooker to show up now with the ravagers. Watching Jemma talk them out of eating her would be gold.

Frog-fu

Banned
What an episode. Awesome start to finish.

They do really need to get better people for special effects though. Like, whichever studio is doing effects for The Flash needs to get on AoS.

Dai101

Banned

Or eaten, and not in the fun way.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Was that the same guy playing the president? The actor's IMDB doesn't have Agents of SHIELD listed (for what it's worth)

Neoxon

The episode definitely holds up in the rewatch. We're in for one hell of a ride, ladies & gentlemen.

And Lash, he looks much better in motion than in stills.

Big Dog

Or eaten, and not in the fun way.

Haha. Thanks for clarifying that! Honestly it would be funny to see her meet anyone on that planet and try to muster up a single sentence that will keep her in one piece. Let's just hope once she gets off that rock she is more on board with the Inhuman thing and will have a new appreciation of being away from whatever aliens she may meet.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Can someone recap what happened to Simmons at the end of the last season, please?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

anaron

Now that we know it's a portal.... that's a weird-ass portal.
wasn't it kinda always assumed to be one though? but yeah the mechanism is fucked. lol

so I'm wondering now with Fitz not being sucked in, did it sense that Simmons had a dark potential and that's why it accepted her into it?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Goddamn I missed this show so much.

The episode had everything I'd hoped for. Some great action with just enough humour sprinkled throughout. Fitz was awesome and heartbreaking.

Jemma has to be on Hala. Didn't they tease something about that?

Very strong start!

I saw the premier with a group of friends and I thought it was okay!

There were several awkward exposition dumps and I was not happy with Lash (costume or CGI) and Fitz's role in the episode was silly at best. Didn't like the suitcase scene at all.

But I liked Quake a lot (amazing how she's the most interesting character of the show for me when she used to be the most boring) and the two other Inhumans were enjoyable on screen.

I have high hopes after the amazing Season 2, but I'm not dying for more. Then again Season 2 didn't click with me how awesome it was until much later, so I'll keep an open mind!

Also really looking forward to seeing what's going on with Simmons!! That's exciting!!!

anaron

it's hard for me to truly judge Lash until we see him in proper lighting but it's really only the hair that's glaring for me right now.

Oliver Sava theorized that Rosalind could actually be AIM's Monica Rappaccini and I'm here for that.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well crap. My successful efforts to not follow production news has resulted in me forgetting about the premier tonight...

We know that 3 months of MCU time have passed since the end of S2. Jemma's hair is pretty long there - how long was it before? I wonder if time passed the same in both places.

anaron

Oh, hey, the MCU finally introduced a canon gay character. Hope they actually do something with him.

I was worried he'd be dead by the end of the episode. lol (still annoyed by Hand's treatment)

but seriously, good on AoS for finally giving us that. Now just confirm gay Mack and bisexual Fitz thx.

while I was thinking Illyria, it seems like Simmons arc will be more akin to Fred in Pylea.

mreddie

- Looks like the Jemma subplot is gonna be dealt with quickly...hopefully
- Lash is gonna be a pain in the ass.
- New dude is basically Melter
- Wonder where May is at?
- Wonder Ward is connected with Zemo?
- And the people hunting the inhumans down is basically the DUP.

It looks like Jemma is by a planet with a minimum of two moons.

Jemma%20on%20Alien%20Planet.png~original

i'm laughing if i show this pic to friends and the ask " what show is this ?" i'll answer it's agent of shield ! and then they'll all go "WHAT" and then wonder " man shield has gotten so big" and then i'll just have some giant smile on my face :)

Oh the episode was magnificent.
Fitz breakdown at the end was masterfully done.
I'm glad they didn't include may or more hydra in to the start ..gotta leave more for later :)

Top Bottom