• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The Civil War theme felt forced as all hell, but I must recognize that it was one of the finest episodes of the season. Which is not to say a lot, but damn, it feels good to watch a genuinely fun and entertaining one for a change. I can't believe I even liked Mack's brother. They even made Mack look personable at last! What the hell?

On a pervy note, I must say that Chloe Bennet was looking damn cute during this sequence.

lQ15zws.gif

Pissed off Daisy is the best
and may have or may have not awoken a femdom fantasy in me.

This scene was pretty rad, too. Something that AoS is painfully missing is the crazy science angle, so I'm glad they are putting some effort into that.

0ZgIINu.gif

As a side note, let's us all gaze upon the most poorly guarded crime scene ever.

EfIOoxF.jpg

Edit: There it is, top page shame.

The Civil War theme felt forced as all hell, but I must recognize that it was one of the finest episodes of the season. Which is not to say a lot, but damn, it feels good to watch a genuinely fun and entertaining one for a change. I can't believe I even liked Mack's brother. They even made Mack look personable at last! What the hell?

On a pervy note, I must say that Chloe Bennet was looking damn cute during this sequence.

lQ15zws.gif

Pissed off Daisy is the best
and may have or may have not awoken a femdom fantasy in me.

This scene was pretty rad, too. Something that AoS is painfully missing is the crazy science angle, so I'm glad they are putting some effort into that.

0ZgIINu.gif

As a side note, let's us all gaze upon the most poorly guarded crime scene ever.

EfIOoxF.jpg

Edit: There it is, top page shame.

I gotta say Sky´s radical views is really off putting. I kinda of understand the reason but damn it she just turned alien, and she is very radical now. It reminds me of religious converts that go to the extreme. I don´t her transformation one bit. Mack is such a great logical character. Also this episode is better than the previous ones because it does not have fucking Hunter and Bobbi in it. They are gone and we are already seeing an improvement :D

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I gotta say Sky´s radical views is really off putting. I kinda of understand the reason but damn it she just turned alien, and she is very radical now. It reminds me of religious converts that go to the extreme. I don´t her transformation one bit. Mack is such a great logical character. Also this episode is better than the previous ones because it does not have fucking Hunter and Bobbi in it. They are gone and we are already seeing an improvement :D

I'm actually saddened they didn't turn Simmons into a super racist anti-inhuman activist, tbh. Daisy's transformation kind of makes sense, but it feels a bit rushed by the necessity of shoehorning Civil War's plot into AoS.

I'm actually saddened they didn't turn Simmons into a super racist anti-inhuman activist, tbh. Daisy's transformation kind of makes sense, but it feels a bit rushed by the necessity of shoehorning Civil War's plot into AoS.

Yeah, it is why i hate it´s all connected crap. It feels like the show can´t do much without the movies leading the way, with regards to plot and to a lesser degree, characters. It´s really hindering the show from becoming great imo. Simmons? I would actually argue that May should have been hating inhumans for what has happened to her ex husband.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Great episode overall.

Next one is written by Maurissa Tancharoen and Jed Whedon, I'm guessing there'll be major developments.

Quick

Banned
I'm surprised that the Index hasn't been a more prominent item of interest this season, with Civil War becoming a major event in the MCU soon. I figured a list of powered people/Inhumans would be something of great value to people.
I figured it would be a big deal with Sokovia happening and the ATCU's creation.

So they name dropped Sokovia, the Chitauri, and the Avengers a few times this episode.

I guess the whole tv shows being in their own universe is false again.

Also Daisy defending the Inhumans has been growing one sided since the start of the season.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So they name dropped Sokovia, the Chitauri, and the Avengers a few times this episode.

They can namedrop all they want on the TV shows. The movies still pretend the TV shows don't exist.

Yeah, I didn't like her one bit.

Shotgun Axe needs to be Mack's new signature weapon.

I'm not kidding.
I thought that was a callback to a previous episode, so isn't it already?

No one said they were in their own universe. They're just in an abusive one sided relationship where the movie people don't give a shit about them, but they have to cater to the movies anyways.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
If there's ever gonna be an Archer movie, I want Brett Dalton to be him, please.

Also I wonder how much of that pic was Chloe Bennet being actually mad/embarrassed/annoyed/angry, I really hope not a lot and would assume it's all in good fun >_>

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Grant Ward is a super villian.

mWkWpgC.gif

Cut off one hand, another shall take its place.

If there's ever gonna be an Archer movie, I want Brett Dalton to be him, please.

Also I wonder how much of that pic was Chloe Bennet being actually mad/embarrassed/annoyed/angry, I really hope not a lot and would assume it's all in good fun >_>

They hang out all the time and are good friends, so I imagine it's all in good fun.

Holy shit, I just noticed the Daredevil S2 tie in on the news ticker :D.

I know lame but I still can't help but get excited when I see that shit.

Mariolee

So haven't watched the past couple of episodes but dropped in on the latest one and...yeah. I think I liked it. Mack is one of my favorite characters, if only for the actor, but man the writing was incredibly bad. Super heavy handed, super predictable, etc. Mack's brother in particular was very poorly written.

"You've turned the lights off...won't that make it hard for us to see?"

Come on.

The writing is something I've had a problem with in SHIELD for awhile, but usually the main cast elevates it. Of course, once we have guest actors like Mack's brother we finally see it for the awfulness it really is.

I don't want to be too negative though. It was a fun premise and I liked the Agent Carter tie in with the bomb, as well as the Daredevil tie in. Shotgun axe was also a highlight of the episode.

Overall, meh.

So haven't watched the past couple of episodes but dropped in on the latest one and...yeah. I think I liked it. Mack is one of my favorite characters, if only for the actor, but man the writing was incredibly bad. Super heavy handed, super predictable, etc. Mack's brother in particular was very poorly written.

"You've turned the lights off...won't that make it hard for us to see?"

Come on.

The writing is something I've had a problem with in SHIELD for awhile, but usually the main cast elevates it. Of course, once we have guest actors like Mack's brother we finally see it for the awfulness it really is.

I don't want to be too negative though. It was a fun premise and I liked the Agent Carter tie in with the bomb, as well as the Daredevil tie in. Shotgun axe was also a highlight of the episode.

Overall, meh.
Yet that line was on another level of bad.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

I could be wrong, but I believe Dalton swings for the other team.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I finally watched the latest episode; classwork has been destroying me.

Anyways, here's stray thoughts, observations, and other stuff in no particular order:

• Lincoln, you are a nothing character. :|
  • Daisy, what the hell?! That's not kosher, stop; you're scaring Fitz!
    Seriously, why's she going in so hard on this one sorta racist dude?
  • Oh they're going to think Mack is an Inhuman, aren't they? (...) And they did. Predictabo
  • I expected Shotgun Axe to be a shotgun that fired axes, not a shotgun with an axe attached to it. I liked my idea better.
  • Blake, why? Also, wait, what happened to your secretary?
  • Gang War in Hell's Kitchen! #ItsAllConnected
  • That thing from Agent Carter that imploded that Roxxon building! #ItsAllConnectedSeriously
  • I'm sad the Watchdogs aren't wearing orange vests and helmets.
    They kinda sanitized them from the comics, tho.
  • Wait, where is Deathlok?
  • I like that Fitz has the a more pronounced stutter in this episode, it's like someone in the production team went "oh, right, the brain damage".
  • Oh, I just realized Mack's head was banged up from the Russian defence dude banging him against the wall the previous episode.
  • Damage Control will clean things up? #ItsAllConnectedGuysPleaseBelieveUs
  • Was that a nuke? Maybe a Terrigen bomb?!
All in all, actually a way more solid episode than last one. Looks like the next episode is moving things along finally.
Dat longcoat.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

Khaz

• Blake, why? Also, wait, what happened to your secretary?

• Hey I remember that! Maybe they will interrogate her to find out more about him?
    Nah, who am I kidding. She probably died in the Hydra thing

Deathlock is at the Avengers facility, training. #seriouslyitsallconnected

Quoting spoilers is a perilous exercise.

Top Bottom