• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Meh, I'm over the idea of cameos, things crossing over, etc. At this point I just want a minimum of care so that things don't contradict each other too much.

My friends and family have been buying me these Funko Pop Bobbleheads of MCU characters. I'm a minimalist so I don't normally collect these things myself; however, there is going to be a Daisy/Quake Bobblehead that I'm going to get personally. :3

anaron

Meh, I'm over the idea of cameos, things crossing over, etc. At this point I just want a minimum of care so that things don't contradict each other too much.
Same, though I think in AoS' case the lack of unity is especially distracting because of how tied SHIELD is or was to the MCU and the threats on the show actually are pretty global.

Like how hard would it be for them to have May or Fitz and Simmons pop up with Fury or Maria Hill? For all that this show can frustrate me at times, I can't help but feel sorry for it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Catching up on their twitters and igs. The reason why Luke is Louc on twitter:

JtmGCVz.png

lol. Guess someone thought his Australian accent was French. Then:

7TEblNA.png

:lol

Follow-up to the Pikachu shirt from the previous page:

pdOmSWT.png

Random cute stuff:

ywWtetP.png

ln7coJK.png

OBj2zAB.png

Same, though I think in AoS' case the lack of unity is especially distracting because of how tied SHIELD is or was to the MCU and the threats on the show actually are pretty global.

Like how hard would it be for them to have May or Fitz and Simmons pop up with Fury or Maria Hill? For all that this show can frustrate me at times, I can't help but feel sorry for it.
Yep, definitely. It's way more glaring in AoS than in the Netflix offerings (which for the most part actually benefit from not trying to tie-in too much imo). I came to terms with how it is, but it's far from an ideal situation. :/

A lot of this is on the AoS writers trying too damn hard to raise the stakes, though.

They obviously can't force the film side to acknowledge any of their storylines, but it's not like Studios proper forced them to end S2 with a global Terrigen outbreak, or to begin S3 by establishing said outbreak as being known to the general public.

There were plenty of directions they could have gone in that would have more plausibly stayed beneath the Avengers' radar.

anaron

A lot of this is on the AoS writers trying too damn hard to raise the stakes, though.

They obviously can't force the film side to acknowledge any of their storylines, but it's not like Studios proper forced them to end S2 with a global Terrigen outbreak, or to begin S3 by establishing said outbreak as being known to the general public.

There were plenty of directions they could have gone in that would have more plausibly stayed beneath the Avengers' radar.

year but that stuff needs to be approved regardless so obviously the larger MCU ok'd it.

I don't really see how AoS can similarly work without raising the stakes when its entire premise is by definition, big stakes.

Khaz

year but that stuff needs to be approved regardless so obviously the larger MCU ok'd it.

That's my take on it too, they can't schedule world-changing events without getting approval from Disney. Whether it will be acknowledged in the films is something else though. Simply having a line about powered people popping up who need to be registered would be enough too.

anaron

That's my take on it too, they can't schedule world-changing events without getting approval from Disney. Whether it will be acknowledged in the films is something else though. Simply having a line about powered people popping up who need to be registered would be enough too.

There's so many natural and easy ways for the film to acknowledge AoS. They just don't want to.

LaNaranja

It is fucking ridiculous that they didn't have anyone on Coulson's team on the Helicarrier at the end of Age of Ultron. They wouldn't have even needed to draw any attention to them either. Just have Fitz standing in the background or Mockingbird helping people board a rescue pod. Maybe have Patton Oswald be the one to ask Hawkeye if he was ok. Anything. It is clear the movie side just doesn't give a shit.

Quick

Banned

Q&A question about the finale:

Is the prophecy meant to come true in the finale?
MAURISSA TANCHAROEN: You should just watch and see. We’ve made it pretty clear that once you see a vision, you can’t change it.
WHEDON: So watch it live. Watch the live broadcast!

I figured that what we've seen is what we get. Plenty of wiggle room to twist that vision around to fit within a technicality, I'd imagine. Yo-Yo's necklace and the SHIELD uniform (Daisy?) could be huge red herrings.

Luigi87

That wasn't too bad. So how did Mallek see the wrong version of the future?

I suspect he just didn't see the future that has yet to come to pass. It's still coming.

Also.. Daisy, why are you sending the two least experienced members as their own team?

Top Bottom