• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Cool episode. I still think Whitehall was a much better villain than Feckless Evil Old Man, but the action was more or less solid and it is so nice to see more SHIELD tech in use. A marqued improvement over the terribad episodes of previous weeks.

wX6eCUl.gif

Hive Squidward delivered.

FTFY

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Luke Mitchell strikes me as considerably more likeable IRL than his character.

Meanwhile, Chloe continues to look and sound as somebody super fun to hang around.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Luke Mitchell strikes me as considerably more likeable IRL than his character.

Meanwhile, Chloe continues to look and sound as somebody super fun to hang around.
That's been a bit of a thing for me with AoS for a while now, pretty much all of them seem like a riot irl, but we don't get many chances to see that translate into the show. I wish we could get more episodes with scenes of the characters just shooting the shit or hanging out somewhere (and then something explodes).

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
That's been a bit of a thing for me with AoS for a while now, pretty much all of them seem like a riot irl, but we don't get many chances to see that translate into the show. I wish we could get more episodes with scenes of the characters just shooting the shit or hanging out somewhere (and then something explodes).

It's like an entirely different show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8E5B5Xr9p4

NandoGip

So, I saw the first two episodes and didn't really dig it. I'm not a fan of most cable shows. Should I push through to a certain point or is this just not a show for me?

So, I saw the first two episodes and didn't really dig it. I'm not a fan of most cable shows. Should I push through to a certain point or is this just not a show for me?

Cable show? This is a broadcast TV show...

Assuming you're starting from Season 1? Season 1 is widely considered the worst, though I personally found it watchable. Most people would say if you have an interest in the Marvel universe that it's worth sticking with because Season 2 pays off in a big way. We're a bit more tepid toward Season 3 at the moment though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

the show gets much bette about 3/4 through the first season, when Winter Soldier changes everything about the show

jph139

AoS gets good in its second season, but I don't think it ever gets good enough that I'd recommend it over most other shows currently airing - except maybe to hardcore comic book fans.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Second season was such a leap forward in quality I started to telling people who dropped it that they should jump in again. S3 so far has been okay. I enjoyed the first half, second half so far has been a bit languid.

If someone has burned through all the Netflix series, yeah I'd recommend but with caveats.

AoS gets good in its second season, but I don't think it ever gets good enough that I'd recommend it over most other shows currently airing - except maybe to hardcore comic book fans.

I feel comfortable calling the first half of S2 better than any other superhero-related show airing at that time, including Flash S1.

It has yet to prove that it didn't peak creatively with those ten episodes, unfortunately.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I wonder how much S4 is going to drag now that we know that Inhumans won't be a thing the box office for a good while. Maybe the writers will be allowed to make something of their own this time around.

I wonder how much S4 is going to drag now that we know that Inhumans won't be a thing the box office for a good while. Maybe the writers will be allowed to make something of their own this time around.

I would guess/hope that S4 will deemphasize the Inhumans in favor of more supernatural threats, given that Doctor Strange is later this year and that the writers said they had plans for something along those lines back around the time S3 premiered.

jph139

I feel comfortable calling the first half of S2 better than any other superhero-related show airing at that time, including Flash S1.

It has yet to prove that it didn't peak creatively with those ten episodes, unfortunately.

I mean, I wouldn't recommend the CW shows to people either. Or Agent Carter. The Marvel Netflix shows are the only ones I'd recommend wholeheartedly to people - again, outside of superhero fans.

Like, considering all of the great TV that's been pumped out over the past few years, I wouldn't recommend anyone slum it with SHIELD or Arrow or whatever. They're fun, but there's a lot of content out there that's just leaps and bounds ahead.

Cool episode. I still think Whitehall was a much better villain than Feckless Evil Old Man, but the action was more or less solid and it is so nice to see more SHIELD tech in use. A marqued improvement over the terribad episodes of previous weeks.

wX6eCUl.gif

Hiveward delivered.

ikSdX9o.gif

Just look at this animu motherfucker.

Someone pointed out that Malick's daughter was the only one wearing white, a nod towards the white stone of previous ceremonies. And of course we all know what happened to her.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I would guess/hope that S4 will deemphasize the Inhumans in favor of more supernatural threats, given that Doctor Strange is later this year and that the writers said they had plans for something along those lines back around the time S3 premiered.
Yeah, I still want the show to start dabbling with the supernatural, mystical planes, all of that. With Doctor Strange they'll be able to expand their playing field.

5MjuyCg.jpg

Do some light horror episodes too, those can be great and don't need to cost much.

And it's time for the Mindless Ones. I'll take rubber suits instead of CG to stay under budget.

xMujuXZ.jpg

S5DfEjB.jpg

anaron

I wonder if the show has a little gotten too comfortable with itself? Season 2 was a direct response to the heavily trashed S1 so they needed to prove themselves immediately.

I still love the show and find it incredibly fun to watch week to week but there's a definite lack of urgency and stakes as of late. I'm so, so sick of Hydra, too.

Khaz

They're definitely holding back for the tie-in. Season 2 had no real tie-in so they were able to go full blast from the beginning.

#itsallonewayconnected

Top Bottom