• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

As soon as I saw that scene this post came to mind

she's super important

now that she's here

they don't have to pay for Powers Boothe every episode

And I laughed

But that buckle was metal, no?

He controlled both the buckle and the belt itself independently. It was the belt (which is not metal) that was wedged in the door. Fitz found the buckle on the ground close to where he picked it up.

XAL

Yo-Yo obviously the traitor, obviously the one that dies in space.

Goddammit I liked yo-yo
cBj1LTf.png

Those containment modules just roll off a factory line, don't they? They have one for Lash and another one for Giyera (which obviously didn't work).

Mack didn't try hard enough to choke out Giyera. Smart move by Fitz to give him a non-loaded gun.

The last 3 episodes have been really solid imo. I'm liking where this season is going now

Feeling the exact same, especially since we'll be getting more inhumans on screen soon. Thought the first half stumbled a bit. Though the Coulson and Rosalind interactions were entertaining.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Giyera fucking shit up.

Nice to see Dacascos having a chance to do his thing for a bit in the fight with May. I still feel that it's a loss to get an actor with skills in different styles of martial arts in a show like this and have him be character with a power that gives him no reason to use them.

edit:
Squidward.
EZsNgly.gif

Giyera-May fight was pretty weak. May with a crotch shot is bad form and out of character. Couple of out-of-place slow-mo parkour bits, and too many overhead shots that scream "stunt doubles". Compared to the May-Agent 13 fight and even some of the May-Daisy training it wasn't very impressive.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Giyera-May fight was pretty weak. May with a crotch shot is bad form and out of character. Couple of out-of-place slow-mo parkour bits, and too many overhead shots that scream "stunt doubles". Compared to the May-Agent 13 fight and even some of the May-Daisy training it wasn't very impressive.
Yeah, not saying it was great, but back when they announced his casting I got hyped for some major moves. Then they made him telekinetic.

Khaz

Did you know that Hunter was retrofitted back into the comics? I didn't. He shows up in Mockingbird #2, and so far I've liked this series very much.

Did you know that Hunter was retrofitted back into the comics? I didn't. He shows up in Mockingbird #2, and so far I've liked this series very much.

Hunter started out in the comics. He's the director of STRIKE, SHIELD ' S British counterpart.

Gideon is going to try and help SHIELD kill Hive. That's how his vision will come true.

Seigyoku

• Wait, when did this Whitehall flashback happen? He didn't know that HYDRA was still a thing until he was freed, so he couldn't have been running a HYDRA branch from his jail cell. Do I win a Marvel Cinematic No-Price?

Actually far more annoying, TV Tropes pointed out to me he wasn't going by Whitehall at the time, they should have been using his original name. ARGGHHH.

Oh man Malick's daughter. She was already giving off replacement wife vibes and then "when mom died" and then "I'll have a scotch waiting for you" and I wanted to scream.

Glad that is over with.

Loved the Hydra guy going "That is Grant Ward!"

Dysun

Have to say I'm enjoying the show alot more without Bobbie & Hunter.
Could be that the Ward stuff is just kicking into high gear though

duckroll

The episode with Mack's brother was stupid and predictable, but not as stupid as the Russia episode. The episode Spacetime shit was also stupid because it didn't seem to really serve any purpose other than to hype HiveWard up more (worth it). The fight between Malick and Daisy is nonsense. There's no reason why she couldn't wipe the floor with him. Did she forget how to use her powers? Also tired of seeing the Yoyo-dead-in-space teaser that they've been trying to push since the season returned. Lol.

Season 3 is pretty rocky. When the scenes are good it's pretty good, but never as great as season 2 was, but when it tanks it kinda almost feels like season 1 all over again. :/

kirblar

What happened to the red head who could multiply? Is she still not recovered? Simmons got over her PTSD in like two weeks.
She's on the SW team call list, IIRC.
Season 3 is pretty rocky. When the scenes are good it's pretty good, but never as great as season 2 was, but when it tanks it kinda almost feels like season 1 all over again. :/
This is a dead-on assessment. That they're now at the S1 cast -Ward + Lincoln/Mack REALLY doesn't help.

duckroll

Things I really like about Season 3:
- Ward's great, HiveWard is even better.
- Daisy taking control and having authority is really nice to see.
- SHIELD vs Hydra feels like a proper spy vs spy ongoing status quo now, both operate in the shadows and aren't supposed to exist, and they have fully staffed bases and resources.

Things I don't care for at all:
- The Lash thing with May and Andrew really fizzled out, it's salvageable.
- The Bobby/Hunter thing was bad but the way they removed them from the show was even worse.
- For all the hype they had for Secret Warriors, they seem to be doing jack shit with it. Really disappointed.
- The entire season lacks a strong anchor point. In Season 2 the Inhumans served as both a fun mystery and a strong anchor point for all the heroes and villains in terms of motivations. Nothing like that here, feels like everyone is just treading water until something hits (is Civil War doing to SHIELD what Winter Soldier did to SHIELD in S1?).

anaron

I'm hoping Lincoln's backstory is unreliable as told by him because god that was cliche and lame. Pleaseeeere let him be a traitor or something interesting for once in his existence.

I miss my Bobbi so much. T_T

Show is super sloppy lately but I'm hoping next week picks up with the SW formation after 15 fucking episodes. They never should have teased their arrival.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Is it not rather the opposite?

The buckle was used to open the door:

And the rest of belt was on the floor:

How did he get the buckle in his cell, and is he so powerfull he can still use his powers inside the cell, even though it's designed to negate them?

okdakor

How did he get the buckle in his cell, and is he so powerfull he can still use his powers inside the cell, even though it's designed to negate them?

He grabbed it when the cell was still open (the scene where he's starting to wake up). I think he made the tablet move as a distraction and get the belt at the same time.

When the S.H.I.E.L.D. team was transporting him to his cell, I think he was able to get the buckle inside his cell just in time before Coulson said to the team to get out of the cell and to close the door.

We don't see where the buckle is or went...

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
- The entire season lacks a strong anchor point. In Season 2 the Inhumans served as both a fun mystery and a strong anchor point for all the heroes and villains in terms of motivations. Nothing like that here, feels like everyone is just treading water until something hits (is Civil War doing to SHIELD what Winter Soldier did to SHIELD in S1?).

That's my guess. The plot is pretty sluggish even compared to the first half of the season.

That's my guess. The plot is pretty sluggish even compared to the first half of the season.

Hmm still pretty sad that AOS is so reactive instead of standing on its own more . The recent interview on Jimmy Kimmel seems so pathetic , AOS can't even says that its really all connected.

duckroll

Damn the latest episode was pretty good. A nice step up from the last few ones. Hopefully next week they deliver on the Secret Warriors.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
That's my guess. Lash is a check and balance for Hive, I'm guessing.

They've pretty much all but gone out of their way to say this. What with terrigenesis providing needed powers at a given time.

As soon as the serum failed and they had him locked up, I figured Coulson would just drop him on Hive like his own personal Hulk and...

eWQ1krN.gif

gazele

Banned
I don't know, I've not been feeling Season 3 for a while, even the last episode

The show has felt disjointed since they came back from the planet

anaron

I will say the kree object is super intriguing and a nice jolt to the show that hopefully pays off.

was that the star of hala on it?

mreddie

Totally forgot to factor that in. Huh. Guess I'll watch and see if these next couple of episodes hint at the movie at all. Movie was great, btw..

That's the issue, unlike Winter Soldier or halfassing involvement in Ultron, I feel something like the Accords is moot if the Agents are already government lapdogs.

anaron

That's the issue, unlike Winter Soldier or halfassing involvement in Ultron, I feel something like the Accords is moot if the Agents are already government lapdogs.

SHIELD still isn't public so maybe the conflict will arise from making themselves known again vs not?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Cool episode. I still think Whitehall was a much better villain than Feckless Evil Old Man, but the action was more or less solid and it is so nice to see more SHIELD tech in use. A marqued improvement over the terribad episodes of previous weeks.

wX6eCUl.gif

Hiveward delivered.

ikSdX9o.gif

Just look at this animu motherfucker.

Top Bottom